Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chilli pies

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I ordered steak and ale and got a chicken and ham! We should have swapped....

Well I got the bad call, ordered a veggie, said veggie on the box, got a Chicken and Ham, when I returned it they said sorry if this one isn't veggie either! :sick:

Still the veggie one I got was the best yet, can't say Azure are getting it right if they are making errors like this.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seeing on the screens that the club were offering a 15% discount on pies after the game, I thought I'd save myself the hassle of cooking dinner and ordered a pie & pint in the North Stand bar following the final whistle. I paid using my smart card without paying too much attention to the price, only for the Large One to point out to me that I'd been charged £7.30 for them. Which struck me as slightly odd, seeing as the normal pie & pint price was £7.00, and these pies were supposed to be 15% off.

I queried this with the cashier, who responded with "that's because the discount has been applied".

"But I've paid more than I normally would for a pie and pint"

"Yes, that's because there's 15% off the price of the pie"

"How does that work: I normally pay seven quid for both, and you've just charged me £7.30 for them".

"Yes, that's because the pie has been reduced by 15%"

"You're not getting this, are you?"

"There's a discount on the pie price"

"Yes, so how come you've charged me MORE than you normally do?"

"I don't know"

"Well in that case don't bother with the 'discount' and give me the pie & pint for the normal price please".

"I can't do that, because it's 15% off".

At which point I gave up. Later on, two ladies from the kiosk came walking around the bar area, telling us brightly that there was "15% off pies". "Can you explain how I've just paid more for a discounted pie than I would normally then?" I asked them. "Oh, that's not right" said the one dressed in the chef's whites. "We'll go and find out what's gone on". They then disappeared back behind the bar, never to be seen again.

Tremendous work all round, I feel :clap:

Tremendous indeed!

On the occasion of the first post-match pie discount game, I bought a pie post-match. Faced with a long drive back West, I didn't linger to argue the toss over the fact I'd been charged the normal price, and not the discounted price.

Little did I realise that I had, in fact, got a good deal by not being over-charged.

Seriously how do they get such simple stuff wrong so often?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I had my first experience of a hot dog on saturday (didn't buy one myself mind you). Now THAT is a piss take.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well I got the bad call, ordered a veggie, said veggie on the box, got a Chicken and Ham, when I returned it they said sorry if this one isn't veggie either! :sick:

Still the veggie one I got was the best yet, can't say Azure are getting it right if they are making errors like this.

Everyone else plays pie roulette, us veggies have to play pie Russian roulette.

Again - very poor all round.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
By the way, what was the item in the "15% off at FT" ad?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought it was 15% off hot dogs ? Unlikely that pies would be discounted, as generally sell very well and little profit in them for Azure I hear.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tremendous indeed!

On the occasion of the first post-match pie discount game, I bought a pie post-match. Faced with a long drive back West, I didn't linger to argue the toss over the fact I'd been charged the normal price, and not the discounted price.

Little did I realise that I had, in fact, got a good deal by not being over-charged.

Seriously how do they get such simple stuff wrong so often?

I envy you your normal priced pie :( I intend to email them, as soon as I can work out their email address, which doesn't appear to be on the website anywhere, and get my 30p back, possibly with another 15% on top by way of compensation :lolol:

It's not the money, obviously, as I've yet to find anything at the Amex you can buy for 30p, but the principle of it. Presumably the same happened to other people, they just didn't notice. I must say, I wouldn't have done if it hadn't been pointed out to me (one of the dangers of paying with the smartcard: it's just too easy to do without thinking about it).

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I thought it was 15% off hot dogs ? Unlikely that pies would be discounted, as generally sell very well and little profit in them for Azure I hear.

Not true - they have got to be getting 50% mark up at least. I've bought pies from Piglets at 2.50. Azure will get them much cheaper in high quantities.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
...because eating a bit of meat will kill you? :nono:

Bit harsh there: can't speak for Bozza, but some vegetarians are genuinely horrified by the prospect of eating meat and would feel quite unpleasant at the thought, so give them a break eh? If there was a pie variety I particularly hated for whatever reason- say they invented a cucumber, aubergine and liver pie- and I bit into it unexpectedly, I'd be pretty pissed off.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

No, the pies were discounted at that stage too. So they claimed.

To be honest, I'd have been happy enough to just pay the normal price: that would have been perfectly acceptable. I'm only pissed off because they actually charged me MORE than that.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Bit harsh there: can't speak for Bozza, but some vegetarians are genuinely horrified by the prospect of eating meat and would feel quite unpleasant at the thought, so give them a break eh? If there was a pie variety I particularly hated for whatever reason- say they invented a cucumber, aubergine and liver pie- and I bit into it unexpectedly, I'd be pretty pissed off.

Fair enough, I just question the use of the term "Russian roulette" to describe the possibility of eating an ickle bit of meat. Whilst the thought might be unpleasant, it wouldn't potentially kill you like Russian roulette would.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Fair enough, I just question the use of the term "Russian roulette" to describe the possibility of eating an ickle bit of meat. Whilst the thought might be unpleasant, it wouldn't potentially kill you like Russian roulette would.

I dare say much of the language surrounding football on an everyday basis, such as "this is a do or die game for Spurs" is no different. It's just an expression designed to add a bit of descriptive colour to the conversation :thumbsup:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I ordered a chicken and ham, got a steak one in the pie roulette. Was hotter than the sun and had to wait a good 15 minutes for it to cool down. Very nice though :)

I had the exact opposite happen to me (ordered steak and got chicken). Didn't really matter and I couldn't be bothered to go back and change it. Think I might have been slightly more miffed had I been a veggie freak and I'd ordered a grass and tadpole pie and got steak.

Is it just me or were the pies better last season?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I dare say much of the language surrounding football on an everyday basis, such as "this is a do or die game for Spurs" is no different. It's just an expression designed to add a bit of descriptive colour to the conversation :thumbsup:

I have an irrational fear of vegetarians :thumbsup: they make me nervous.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I think I get the pie I ask for about 90% of the time. I've only ever asked for chicken pie or a balti pie and I've tried every flavour, even one that looked remarkably like a cheeseburger. ???
If Piglets only made 150 chilli pies for Saturday then they seriously underestimate the volume of pies Albion fans can consume.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Is it just me or were the pies better last season?

As I said earlier in thread I went on a "tour" of Piglets last week and was there 3 hours. Jo and her team did a brilliant job showing us how it all worked. Left me in no doubt whatsoever that their production is highly consistent and that any change in the quality of what is dished up at the till is most definitely down to what happens to it on the day. The reheating process and timing isn't difficult but the end result depends on it being done properly and I've no doubt Azure just bung 'em out any old how

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think I get the pie I ask for about 90% of the time. I've only ever asked for chicken pie or a balti pie and I've tried every flavour, even one that looked remarkably like a cheeseburger. ???
If Piglets only made 150 chilli pies for Saturday then they seriously underestimate the volume of pies Albion fans can consume.

They made and delivered 390 which was all that Azure would order, nothing to do with Piglets not wanting to make more - fact

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here