Chilli pies

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Did anyone manage to try a chilli pie on Saturday?

There was so much marketing around them, i went to the North til in upper East pretty much every 5 mins from about 1.30 and was told they weren't ready.
Got to about 2.30 and i asked the South till and was told they'd been and gone.

Apparently only 6 chilli pies got to the upper east.

I funky manned to get the last one in the north stand at the til by the West exit at about 6pm.

It was very nice, i don't eat the chicken or balti unless they're out of steak.
I'd gladly eat the chilli pie instead of my usual steak.

However, I would also love a gluten, free option.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I had one. It was okay but lacked the oomph I'd want from a chilli pie.

6/10

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
At least a chilli pie is always hot one way or another.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I ordered a chicken and ham, got a steak one in the pie roulette. Was hotter than the sun and had to wait a good 15 minutes for it to cool down. Very nice though :)

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
I ordered & paid for a chilli pie, just for them to come back and tell me they'd sold out :-(

So i asked them for a balti pie instead, just to end up with Chicken & Ham :( (in all fairness Chicken pie was quite nice if somewhat too salty)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
14:40, no pies left at all in the ESU (North tills). But what's worse than that, is the idiots behind the till telling people there wouldn't be any before half time, when some of us had already been told they'd be ready in 10 minutes. What is wrong with these people?

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
So far, the staff at the upper west North tills have been by far the most useless.
One guy couldn't work the til, but cos he'd done the float they couldn't take him off the till.

Kept running out of larger and beer and milk too.
One or just this agency can't get enough worthy staff for a venue this size, they're failing, it should not be acceptable.

I used to work racecourses and there were loads of agencies each with their own bars & restaurants plus venue managers working directly for the racecourse.

We either need to dilute the recruitment or make the staff train people better, ie: before they open and not during half time!

Maybe Bha fc staff should closer supervise it?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I am sure I read on Twitter that they only made 150 ???

If that's true piglets need to fire the idiot who does the marketing/advertising or make it clear it would be like their really crap golden pie box (or whatever it was called) competition where you had a 1 in 20 odd thousand chance of winning a free pie.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I ordered a chicken and ham, got a steak one in the pie roulette. Was hotter than the sun and had to wait a good 15 minutes for it to cool down. Very nice though :)

I ordered steak and ale and got a chicken and ham! We should have swapped....

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
doesn't matter WHAT pie you order.....always end up with a random anyway.
pie lottery

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Was looking forward to the chilli.
Was a no show in the WSU.
There was one left in the NS post match, but I wasn't hungry then.
Whatever happened to the lamb hotpot, BTW?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Oh!!! Shared a calzone in Dicks after.
Don't know how long it had been in oven, but the ends were like concrete.
Nice filling, though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I might push the boat out at the Leeds game and have a pie

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Seeing on the screens that the club were offering a 15% discount on pies after the game, I thought I'd save myself the hassle of cooking dinner and ordered a pie & pint in the North Stand bar following the final whistle. I paid using my smart card without paying too much attention to the price, only for the Large One to point out to me that I'd been charged £7.30 for them. Which struck me as slightly odd, seeing as the normal pie & pint price was £7.00, and these pies were supposed to be 15% off.

I queried this with the cashier, who responded with "that's because the discount has been applied".

"But I've paid more than I normally would for a pie and pint"

"Yes, that's because there's 15% off the price of the pie"

"How does that work: I normally pay seven quid for both, and you've just charged me £7.30 for them".

"Yes, that's because the pie has been reduced by 15%"

"You're not getting this, are you?"

"There's a discount on the pie price"

"Yes, so how come you've charged me MORE than you normally do?"

"I don't know"

"Well in that case don't bother with the 'discount' and give me the pie & pint for the normal price please".

"I can't do that, because it's 15% off".

At which point I gave up. Later on, two ladies from the kiosk came walking around the bar area, telling us brightly that there was "15% off pies". "Can you explain how I've just paid more for a discounted pie than I would normally then?" I asked them. "Oh, that's not right" said the one dressed in the chef's whites. "We'll go and find out what's gone on". They then disappeared back behind the bar, never to be seen again.

Tremendous work all round, I feel :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports