[Albion] Chicago Seagulls

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I didn't want to start my own 'ooh look at me I'm in paradise but want to watch football' thread, but looking online it appears the game isn't televised.

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 11.46.25.png

Or is that just not on TV where I will be?

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I would definitely try Chicago Seagulls.
I watched the Norwich game in Legends, New York with NYCgulls on Saturday and had a great time.

I’m in Boston on Sunday so trying to do the same. Though it’s a 0900 ko time over here.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I would definitely try Chicago Seagulls.
I watched the Norwich game in Legends, New York with NYCgulls on Saturday and had a great time.

I’m in Boston on Sunday so trying to do the same. Though it’s a 0900 ko time over here.

FYI, the 14:00 ko time in Manchester is 8:00 ko time in Chicago on a Sunday morning. Other than EPL fans the only ones who will be awake will be the church people and they can be some scary people on a Sunday morning. :smile:

Awesome-Photos-From-Russia-With-Love-church-terror1.jpg

ChicagoSeagulls

Jul 18, 2018
Chicago, USA
Hey Lenny! Late to this thread, but see there has been some ideas thrown about already. AJ Hudson's is the usual spot we meet, but that is a bit up north. Unfortunately the game is on Sunday, same as Bears (I'll be there as well). The game should end 2hrs before the Bears, which may sound like a lot, but it's such a pain to get to and into Soldier Field. So I don't think I'll be going to AJ's this Sunday.

Where are you staying? River North/Loop area? There should be bars open at 8am, but Sunday is NFL day, so most that are open will be playing pregame shows. This will be true for most if not all of the bars near Soldier. Fado Irish Pub (https://fadoirishpub.com/chicago/) is in River North/not too far from Soldier, and is a Man U bar. It's in the tourist part of the city, so not too many locals, but it will be showing the game for sure.

I was thinking about watching at home before going to the Bears, but if you plan on watching somewhere downtown I could possibly meet. Either way, have a great weekend in Chicago!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Hey Lenny! Late to this thread, but see there has been some ideas thrown about already. AJ Hudson's is the usual spot we meet, but that is a bit up north. Unfortunately the game is on Sunday, same as Bears (I'll be there as well). The game should end 2hrs before the Bears, which may sound like a lot, but it's such a pain to get to and into Soldier Field. So I don't think I'll be going to AJ's this Sunday.

Where are you staying? River North/Loop area? There should be bars open at 8am, but Sunday is NFL day, so most that are open will be playing pregame shows. This will be true for most if not all of the bars near Soldier. Fado Irish Pub (https://fadoirishpub.com/chicago/) is in River North/not too far from Soldier, and is a Man U bar. It's in the tourist part of the city, so not too many locals, but it will be showing the game for sure.

I was thinking about watching at home before going to the Bears, but if you plan on watching somewhere downtown I could possibly meet. Either way, have a great weekend in Chicago!

I can’t seem to be able to send you a PM.

We are staying at the Hilton, on the Magnificent Mile, is there somewhere you would recommend that we could meet you on Sunday at 8am to watch the game, have some food and then go to the Bears afterwards?

Thanks

Harty

ChicagoSeagulls

Jul 18, 2018
Chicago, USA
Me neither... I don't even see an option to PM.

I could do Fado, not sure what other places would be open and showing the game. It's not too far from your hotel, just a little west - 100 W Grand Ave. Let me know!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I can’t seem to be able to send you a PM.

We are staying at the Hilton, on the Magnificent Mile, is there somewhere you would recommend that we could meet you on Sunday at 8am to watch the game, have some food and then go to the Bears afterwards?

Thanks

Harty

Me neither... I don't even see an option to PM.

I could do Fado, not sure what other places would be open and showing the game. It's not too far from your hotel, just a little west - 100 W Grand Ave. Let me know!

Sorry - new users receive restricted site functionality until they pass a threshold. This is to try and protect people from rogue users who join just to PM links to Russian brides, penile extension treatments and the like.
[MENTION=37143]ChicagoSeagulls[/MENTION] - I've promoted you to full user status, although I appreciate it may be a little bit late now for what you were trying to arrange. I've also sent Harty a text with your suggestion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports