[Albion] Chicago Seagulls

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Think I'd stay round the Loop. Wrigley is GANGLAND area isn't it ?

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Don't know much about Chicago, but the game will be on NBC/NBC sports and will be widely available. There is a good chance you'll be able to see it in your hotel room. Otherwise you'll have to find a bar with a TV that is open at 8am on Sunday - not too much of a stretch methinks: start ringing around when you get there.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I didnt know if like many visitors he was going to hire a car as we did and then paid $100 a day to park at the hotel car park. I must point out we didnt hire the car in Chicago but in Vegas and brother drove to Grand Canyon, Gracelands, Nashville Kentucky and to Ali Museum finishing up in Chicago for flight home, Great 4 weeks. Brother loves driving in USA as it is so easy and relaxing.

Jahanbaksh has a museum? In America? No wonder we never see him at the Amex.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Off to the Windy City tomorrow, going to see the Bears Sunday, is there any where within a 10 minute cab ride from Soldier Field that will be showing the United game?

Not sure if you are on Twitter but there is a Chicago Seagulls supporters group and it says they watch the games from A.J. Hudson's Public House - 3801 N Ashland Ave, Chicago, IL 60613

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Enjoy Wrigley Field - so different to so many modern stadiums - especially as some of the seats are outside the stadium, on top of houses on the other side of the road.

I've described it poorly - you'll understand when you're there!

I think you described it perfectly - it's just a bonkers stadium! I've never seen terraces built on the roof of houses over the road before! And that's on two sides of the ground. Bizarre. And ****ing freezing in the wind!

I just looked this up, it’s mad. Are they owned/operated by the club? Or are they owned/operated by the owners of the houses?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I just looked this up, it’s mad. Are they owned/operated by the club? Or are they owned/operated by the owners of the houses?

Wow this is interesting they were independant owners but the club had a stand off with them (putting screens up) and they have to pay 17% of thier gross earnings to the Cubs. But seems the Cubs want to renovate the stadium and have been buying out the rooftops owners.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Did you say Chicago?

3801 N. Ashland Ave. is in the Wrigleyville neighborhood (within walking distance of Wrigley Field)
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.950...4!1se1agkMNVROC6jJvxc4I5Zg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

This shows the relationship between Public House and Wrigley Field
https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...e649028bdf8e58!8m2!3d41.9507697!4d-87.6687249

A.J. Hudson's next to Public House.
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.950...4!1shBhBnH8WCOlul3HWPHAqlw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Soldier Field is near the lake in the area where the Shedd Aquarium is located close to the "downtown." This map shows the relationship between Public House (3801 N. Ashland near the intersection of Grace and N. Ashland) and Soldier Field.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...e649028bdf8e58!8m2!3d41.9507697!4d-87.6687249

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The easiest way to get from Soldier Field to Public House and A.J. Hudson's is to take the BLUE LINE, CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) train. In the Loop the Blue Line is underground. You walk west out of Soldier Field to the Blue Line stop at Dearborn Street & Washington.(At State go north
to Washington & then turn west
1 block to Dearborn). You will see subway stairs in the four corners of this intersection that take you down into the underground. Take the Blue Line in the direction of O'Hare. Get off at Division and then take the CTA bus #9 north from the intersection of Milwaukee & Ashland (1/2 block north of Division train stop). Get off the bus at Grace & Ashland. A.J. Hudsons will be on the corner.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sol...249!2d41.9507697!2m3!6e4!7e2!8j1573380000!3e3

I've taken this route about 10 times over the last few years when going to Wrigleyville.​

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016