A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So is breast cancer going to be called chest cancer in future?
Incidentally men can get breast cancer too, although it is rare. If you see any changes in your nipples at all, please see your doctor as soon as you possibly can. It will save your life.

TBH if it meant men being more likely to come forward if they were worried about "chest cancer" as opposed to "breast cancer" maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing to rename it

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Breast is best and should be mandatory.
Popping your breast out in the open air while your little one suckle constantly is just natural, right?

Is there even one benefit for bottle fed kids and the parents doing it???

One benefit is that father and child get time to bond while Mum gets a well deserved break.

Mandatory? Your comments are outdated and disrespectful to the millions of Women that wish they could breast feed but simply cannot.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
First up congratulations new dad! Handy hint if you go down the formula milk route and YOU have to experience the joys of making up feed at 3 in the morning: make up big jug, as it were, of formula milk and keep it sealed in the fridge. You don't want to be faffing around with powder and measuring spoons and heating pans of water in the wee small hours. Just pour from jug to bottle, stick in microwave for a very short number of seconds, TEST TEMPERATURE FIRST then feed. Job done!

Oh and excellent use of the phrase 'peak-tongue' by the way :lol:

They have machines that do all this now Tom. My grandson has been with us through this period and I was gobsmacked by it all.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Midwives have been told to say “chestfeeding” instead of “breastfeeding” and to replace the term “mother” with “mother or birthing parent” as part of moves to be more trans-friendly and inclusive.

I ****ing hate this world at times, I really do.

When are adults going to start saying no to these lunatics?

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Lets not let biological facts that have literally enabled humanity to exist get in the way of offending anybody or not being inclusive.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
So is breast cancer going to be called chest cancer in future?
Incidentally men can get breast cancer too, although it is rare. If you see any changes in your nipples at all, please see your doctor as soon as you possibly can. It will save your life.
It's pretty worrying that an entire hospital department doesn't know that breast is a word that applies to men as well as to women. Taking "inclusive gender" to a nonsensical degree doesn't do all that much harm; lacking a basic knowledge of anatomy, in a hospital, is deadly serious.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
In some areas of Britain the rate of breast-feeding is still shamefully low (even by the metric of having tried just once).
So it's an odd one because while I understand the motivation to increase breast-feeding rates there is an unfortunate over reach which is distressing to those who really wish to breastfeed but can't.
My missus ended up expressing milk for about three months which was a massive chore for her until I finally convinced her it was ok to quit.
For anyone possibly in that situation worth knowing that while there are major benefits for antibodies immune systems etc there is a rapidly diminishing return on the benefit so if you can hack it well worth doing for even a couple of weeks but definitely not something to be a martyr to.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's pretty worrying that an entire hospital department doesn't know that breast is a word that applies to men as well as to women. Taking "inclusive gender" to a nonsensical degree doesn't do all that much harm; lacking a basic knowledge of anatomy, in a hospital, is deadly serious.

I agree with that. Breast cancer in men has always been called breast cancer.
I'm not sure how many transgender people would be giving birth, to be honest, as many of them are on hormone treatment.
:shrug:

D

Deleted member 2719

One benefit is that father and child get time to bond while Mum gets a well deserved break.

Mandatory? Your comments are outdated and disrespectful to the millions of Women that wish they could breast feed but simply cannot.

Apologies mandatory was not the word I was looking for.

I feel every effort has to be made unless 'signed off' by an expert breast/chest technician and then the formula can be dispensed and paid for through the NHS. I reckon the saving the NHS down the line would be astronomical.

This I realise will be far too out there for some to want to take onboard. But I am sure all the science backs it up.

The health benefits and immunity is critical IMO, and don't we all know about immunity now!

I was fortunate to get plenty of bonding with my two, I used to give the breast milk via bottle the last thing at night before I went to bed, mum was well asleep getting some rest.

Breast/chest pumps are marvellous scenes.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Chest feeding?

Is the word 'breast' now sexist and not allowed?

My 2 daughters were BREAST fed, youngest had to be supplemented with a bottle as she was hungry more than my Mrs BREASTS produced.

There we go. Said it 3x.

Hehehe...you said breast...:)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
When Mrs DFP was expecting our little boy we were told by some close friends to not succumb to the ‘breast feeding nazis’ who insist it’s the only way. When our boy was born Mrs DFP really tried with the boob but it just wasn’t happening, so from day 2 or 3 he was on formula, he’s coming up for 3 now, he’s a big strong boy, has lots of energy, every day he eats 2 breakfasts, mid morning snack, packed lunch, afternoon snack and a big dinner and pudding before having 11hrs sleep. By all means try breast feeding, but if it doesn’t work get on formula, there’s absolutely no shame in it and shame on anyone who tries to mock people for using it.

It’s also worth mentioning that he’s had a cold once, that’s the most poorly he’s been in nearly 3 years. Also, with formula it means dad can help share the load and do night feeds so mum can get some rest.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Apologies mandatory was not the word I was looking for.

I feel every effort has to be made unless 'signed off' by an expert breast/chest technician and then the formula can be dispensed and paid for through the NHS. I reckon the saving the NHS down the line would be astronomical.

This I realise will be far too out there for some to want to take onboard. But I am sure all the science backs it up.

The health benefits and immunity is critical IMO, and don't we all know about immunity now!

I was fortunate to get plenty of bonding with my two, I used to give the breast milk via bottle the last thing at night before I went to bed, mum was well asleep getting some rest.

Breast/chest pumps are marvellous scenes.

That sounds as close to to a mandate as it can possibly be.

Im guessing you are a man? I am also a man. The difference between you and me is that I can take into consideration how emotional and tiring being pregnant for 9 months can be, how exhausting labour is and after all that women are expected to take to breast feeding like a duck to water. Often it is male experts who push women to persist. Persist with something that they want to do but either they physically can't or the baby physically can't. On top of that there is the emotional desire to do so but the continuous rollercoaster of hormones on top of the joy and fear of being a mother. The sleep deprivation, the money worries etc etc.

Oh and when breast feeding isn't working properly because the baby isn't latching on correctly it apparently hurts like hell. But you're right and a top bloke lets only tell mums to stop when officially "signed off".

Better ways to save the NHS money by focusing on cigarettes, obesity and alcohol.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I hope this is a joke thread.

Women have BREASTS ffs !!! and it is Breast feeding....................worlds gone nuts with the PC brigade jumping down everyones throats the moment something that is said that might offend others.....sorry pathetic !!:ffsparr: Man up ffs....there said it !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would hazard a guess that Crodo selected his words very carefully when casting into the NSC pond to name this thread....

I hope this is a joke thread.

Women have BREASTS ffs !!! and it is Breast feeding....................worlds gone nuts with the PC brigade jumping down everyones throats the moment something that is said that might offend others.....sorry pathetic !!:ffsparr: Man up ffs....there said it !

No, this is the article and the exact words are in it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-56007728

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here