Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cherries could be top club on south coast

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Despite Saints' new found wealth I which does not guarantee anything I would love to see us establish ourselves as the top South Coast club...Which should not be that difficult considering there are only 4 of us!!!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Brighton
Southampton
Portsmouth
Bornemouth
Plymouth
Exeter
Eastbourne Boro

are all technically South Coast Clubs ( unless you regard Brighton and eastbourne as South East clubs and Plymouth and Exeter as South west)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not sure Eastbourne should be on that list Dave.
You might as well include Dover if we're going down that route.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well techincally I suppose the conference is division 5

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Brighton
Southampton
Portsmouth
Bornemouth
Plymouth
Exeter
Eastbourne Boro

are all technically South Coast Clubs ( unless you regard Brighton and eastbourne as South East clubs and Plymouth and Exeter as South west)
Torquay.

Clearly these clubs are south coast. Being on the south coast as they are.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes, that would explain it.

I think its worth pointing out that, to the best of my knowledge, NO team that has a fruit-based nickname has EVER had any degree of sustained success in the game.

Quince Park Rangers were good in the 60s and 70s...

Nothing wrong with a bit of ambition.

I remember Crystal Palace being referred to a few years ago as "one of the top three teams in Croydon".

I reckon they're probably now in the top two.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Nothing wrong with a bit of ambition.

I remember Crystal Palace being referred to a few years ago as "one of the top three teams in Croydon".

I reckon they're probably now in the top two.

Yes but only because one of the others went into Administration.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
chairman shooting his mouth off,whatever next,but what they acheived last year was a unbeleivable acheivement,and in eddie howe they have one of the best young coaches/managers.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Brighton
Southampton
Portsmouth
Bornemouth
Plymouth
Exeter
Eastbourne Boro

No and despite them being on the coast in a southernly part of England I would regard them as South-West/Westcountry...And Plymouth and Torquay fans I know, (I have not met any Exeter fans) consider themselves 'Westcountry' as opposed to 'South Coast'.

But you are about Eastbourne, which of course if they are included then you may as well lump in Bognor, Littlehampton, Worthing, Southwick, etc...But I assumed we are talking Football League here.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
My favourite bit of the article is when he claims that the only reason Southampton have more money is because they have a bigger stadium. Yeah, that and the billionaire chairman.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
No and despite them being on the coast in a southernly part of England I would regard them as South-West/Westcountry...And Plymouth and Torquay fans I know, (I have not met any Exeter fans) consider themselves 'Westcountry' as opposed to 'South Coast'.
They're both.
If you're on the channel you're on south coast. :shrug:

Well, I can think of six off the top of my head: Bournemouth, Brighton, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Southampton and Torquay. Exeter's not far off the coast either. We're not too off the top of them though - but it might be hard to compete with Southampton's money

I don't regard Plymouth or Torquay as being on the South Coast, I have always thought of them as being in the South West.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Early days but this could make us look a bit silly next week, or even at the end of the season if Southampton & us slip up and Portsmouth go down :laugh:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
From today's Bournemouth Echo.

UNINTENTIONALLY hilarious chairman, Eddie Mitchell, is convinced the overperforming Cherries are finally ready to win the battle for south coast supremacy. In order to accomodate this ludicrous assetion he has had to redraw the Map of mainland Britain "but", laughs Eddie, "it was too long anyhow"

Speaking slowly, in an Eddie Grundy accent, Mitchell explained: "In my proposed map of England the wide bit, Scotland, is well big and then the entire Country sort of goes into a wedge shape...like cheese..with Dorset and Hampshire as the pointy bit at the bottom"

Pointing at a map he had prepared earlier in his office, during supervised creativity, using crayons and some toilet paper Mitchell went on "The benefits of this are self evident, You can still get boats and Hovercrafts in to Portsmouth and have loads of room for the coffin dodgers in Bournemouth and the criminal underclass in Southampton but without all that cider and that in the West or those Gaylords to the East...them can all f*ck off"

Mitchell admits that he probably spends too much time watching South Today in between mediocre football at the thingybob stadium in the town and writing letters to Caddy the weathergirl.

Edited for brevity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here