Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cherries could be top club on south coast

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I would love to see us establish ourselves as the top South Coast club...Which should not be that difficult considering there are only 4 of us!!!

Well, I can think of six off the top of my head: Bournemouth, Brighton, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Southampton and Torquay. Exeter's not far off the coast either. We're not too off the top of them though - but it might be hard to compete with Southampton's money

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
This is where I'm so glad we have a chairman like TB, who doesn't shoot his mouth off or start making frankly RIDICULOUS claims about who we're going to be overtaking soon.

Eddie Mitchell just comes across as a delusional mug, and I'd be embarrassed by his comments.

I believe Eddie Mitchell is a property developer, which might explain away him making ridiculous and delusional comments

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
He sounds a bit like that clown at Darlington, maybe he wants to build them a 25,000 seater stadium as well.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Well, I can think of six off the top of my head: Bournemouth, Brighton, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Southampton and Torquay. Exeter's not far off the coast either. We're not too off the top of them though - but it might be hard to compete with Southampton's money

I would stick Plymouth, Torquay & Exeter down with the West Country/South-West...When people talk of South Coast clubs they usually are referring to the usual 4!!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I believe Eddie Mitchell is a property developer, which might explain away him making ridiculous and delusional comments

Yes, that would explain it.

I think its worth pointing out that, to the best of my knowledge, NO team that has a fruit-based nickname has EVER had any degree of sustained success in the game.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I would love to see us establish ourselves as the top South Coast club...Which should not be that difficult considering there are only 4 of us!!!

Five :thumbsup:
Plymouth-badge.gif

Quick edit, maybe even six, I forgot Torquay :dunce:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We've always had a decent rivalry with Bournemouth (well I say decent, they hate us and we're a bit 'meh' towards them) so bring it on I say.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's the Echo.:facepalm:
Like the Arsegas only worse, they are not allowed to print the word Brighton in that paper so they ignore anything that happens to the east of Havant.
They appear to have their heads so far up the Solent that nothing happens or is worth mentioning outside of the BBC Radio Solent broadcasting range. :hilton:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here