Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea Recruiting in W Sussex

Horsham by the Sea

Apr 29, 2011
Stirling , Scotland
:nono: Has anyone else been concerned by the recent Chelsea visits to West Sussex l Schools ??

my kids came home end of last term with a Chelsea training flyer having had a youth team member at assembly ?? this was in Horsham but they also hold sessions in Worthing and even as close as Southwick !! I trust BHAFC will respond soon ??

surely we can stop this trend now we have Bloom and the Amex ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Arsenal have been doing it for a while as well

Horsham by the Sea

Apr 29, 2011
Stirling , Scotland
Binned yes... my two girls have there Albion lunch boxes and know what to shout next time they step foot in the school :) your right that the heads should stop this but surely the club have got to expand the network... West & North Sussex should be the blue and white of Albion not Chelsea ! (although Creepy will never be BHA and to be honest the club would'nt want them) after all we are gonna need the missing generation to fill the 30,000 seater Amex in a few years !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
last year if you drove along the A27 there was a Chelsea banner advertising coaching displayed on the side of the road by the sports ground opposite Boundstone School in Lancing.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
No way they will poach the hotbed of future BHA talent at Henfield and Lower Beeding Junior FC's. mark my word

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Also charlton. This is another reason why we are trying to build up the Mid Sussex independent surporters club to help build the Albion franchise and the Albion in the communitty now we have got a ground to be proud of.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
You're asking this small (relatively) club and it's community scheme to compete with clubs with far deeper pockets than Tony Bloom's and much more appeal to young kids. It's not easy at all.

Chelski are running scared now.

Now BHA are now moving to the Amex, they are trying to keep their meagre support from God's county intact.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The should be banned from being able to do that.

Each team should be assigned zones by which they can promote in, they should be made to stick to London zones.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Also charlton. This is another reason why we are trying to build up the Mid Sussex independent surporters club to help build the Albion franchise and the Albion in the communitty now we have got a ground to be proud of.

Oh ffs, we have summer schools for recruiting kid footballers all over Spain, in the Ivory Coast, up North, etc etc etc. So does every club worth its salt (including, I am sure, Albion). Get over yourselves. Do you really not understand how football works these days? Post a question in Ask The Club asking where Albion have kid training/recreuitment days, I think you'll be surprised. Welcome to the 21st Century. There is electricity now.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Oh ffs, we have summer schools for recruiting kid footballers all over Spain, in the Ivory Coast, up North, etc etc etc. So does every club worth its salt (including, I am sure, Albion). Get over yourselves. Do you really not understand how football works these days? Post a question in Ask The Club asking where Albion have kid training/recreuitment days, I think you'll be surprised. Welcome to the 21st Century. There is electricity now.

And there in lies the problem.

The smaller clubs are being f***ed over left right and centre by the bigger clubs any chance they get.

A few years back those smaller clubs could at least have potentially found decent young players locally that they might get a few years out of before they have to sell them on.

Now that scenario is far less likely because the likes of the EPL teams move into these areas that they have no local connection to and use their resources to snatch those kids away.

The EPL(especially those at the top) is a cancer on English football, pure and simple.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
And there in lies the problem.

The smaller clubs are being f***ed over left, right and centre by the bigger clubs any chance they get.

A few years back those smaller clubs could at least have potentially found decent young players locally that they might get a few years out of before they have to sell them on.

Now that scenario is far less likely because the likes of the EPL teams move into these areas that they have no local connection to and use their resources to snatch those kids away.

The EPL (especially those at the top) is a cancer on English football, pure and simple.

Yes, but that's how it's always been. The big clubs/companies f*** over the small ones, that's how capitalism works.

Incidentally, it was West Ham poaching Jermaine Defoe from Charlton that caused the law to be changed (they offered his step-mum a free house, we took it court, ended up with £1.8m and the law was changed to mean clubs who steal under-23 year olds from other clubs have to pay compo).

We have a really good academy, but the big clubs happily waltz in and steal our kids whenever they like, but at least we now get compo - in the past year, Sean McGinty to Manure (500k, age 16), Jonjo Shelvey to Liverpool (£2.75m, age 19), Carl Jenkinson to Arsenal (TBA, age 19).

So get a good academy going, you'll stil have your kids poached by the big clubs, but at least the compo will pay for the academy. The rich (big clubs) get richer, the poor (small clubs) get poorer. Only a revolution will change that. Sad but true.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Yes, but that's how it's always been. The big clubs/companies f*** over the small ones, that's how capitalism works.

Incidentally, it was West Ham poaching Jermaine Defoe from Charlton that caused the law to be changed (they offered his step-mum a free house, we took it court, ended up with £1.8m and the law was changed to mean clubs who steal under-23 year olds from other clubs have to pay compo).

We have a really good academy, but the big clubs happily waltz in and steal our kids whenever they like, but at least we now get compo - in the past year, Sean McGinty to Manure (500k, age 16), Jonjo Shelvey to Liverpool (£2.75m, age 19), Carl Jenkinson to Arsenal (TBA, age 19).

So get a good academy going, you'll stil have your kids poached by the big clubs, but at least the compo will pay for the academy. The rich (big clubs) get richer, the poor (small clubs) get poorer. Only a revolution will change that. Sad but true.

All of that is the very reason clubs need to be assigned recruitment zones.

If a small club is too poor to have an academy they should be protected by a zonal law that means if a kid is taken by any other club in their zone some compensation comes their way.

As it is Chelsea can just got through whole area and sign up the best 10 year olds in the district meaning no other local clubs stand a chance as they wont have the resources to be able to be dealing with that age bracket.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
It does piss me off when these premiership clubs do this.
I have finally managed to convert my relative to becoming a Brighton supporter and Junior Seagull. The reason I did this was because I saw him in a Chelsea shirts last season. He had never been a proper football match but after seeing brighton he has changed.

So far he has been to two matches, and now met the players twice and got himself autographs witn the Junior Seagulls.

I would like to know how many of the kids down here who belong to Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal clubs have actually been to any matches and secondly have they actually been able to meet the stars up close. I think the answer is zero unless anyone can tell me different?

I hate it when these premiership clubs come down here and try to pinch our support. Its disgusting and it winds me up. Look here Man Utd are running a summer school for the bargain price of £69.95 bunch of C's. F*(k O*( and stay away.

Manchester United Soccer Schools : Soccer Camps Football Courses

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Albion do the Schools,both my boys are in the Albion scheme BUT Chelsea also do it at the same school for different age groups.I am not sure whether they had to come to a compromise.I was not happy when i saw the Chelsea flyer come home one year.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
At Eastbrook Primary in south wick, they've had Calderon and sandaza coming in for a few hours each month helping the kids so Albion are doing their bit in the community

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here