Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea Parking On Sale

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Is it really that odd ? 130 isn't many at all, and the on-sale date was published before today so easy to imagine there were more than that logged on and waiting at 9am given the known limits on parking availability. We've had instances of several hundred away tickets selling out in minutes when a new tier opens.

I think it's just out of keeping with previous parking sales which I think normally took several hours to sell out. Maybe suddenly everyone was more on the ball than normal and, as you say, if you happened to look yesterday then they did at least put that they would be on sale today which is more than they can normally be bothered to do.
So annoying if you were one of those who missed out but I'd be willing to bet more will appear at some point but it's the same old case of logging on and checking every now again and hope you're lucky. But they don't half make it hard work to be a fan at the moment!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
0858 they were not on sale 0859 they were I don’t think one minute early is lack of professionalism and of course 0859 is the time on my phone not their systems

Yep - I just went on on the off chance around 8:40 and saw the button was greyed out. Refreshed a few times and it came live at 9:00 and I got a space. No idea how this can be called a lack of professionalism.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Yep - I just went on on the off chance around 8:40 and saw the button was greyed out. Refreshed a few times and it came live at 9:00 and I got a space. No idea how this can be called a lack of professionalism.

Because I logged on at 9.06 and 130 spaces had gone. Really?

As others have said on here, that is completely out of keeping with what has happened previously.

There is absolutely no way 130 spaces sold in 5 minutes.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Is it really that odd ? 130 isn't many at all, and the on-sale date was published before today so easy to imagine there were more than that logged on and waiting at 9am given the known limits on parking availability. We've had instances of several hundred away tickets selling out in minutes when a new tier opens.

Yes - from past experience it is very odd.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Because I logged on at 9.06 and 130 spaces had gone. Really?

As others have said on here, that is completely out of keeping with what has happened previously.

There is absolutely no way 130 spaces sold in 5 minutes.

Given that this is a recently announced date rather than a previously scheduled fixture, you know this for a fact, how?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Its not me calling it a lack of professionalism I got a ticket so more than happy....

Plus I dont know if tickets can be block bought as an earlier poster suggested I know there is a button for how many tickets you want but now you need to put the Reg Number in and to make it fair should it not be one parking space per fan number?

After the Brentford game there were several Brentford fans parked there so how did they get in without a fan number?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Its not me calling it a lack of professionalism I got a ticket so more than happy....

Plus I dont know if tickets can be block bought as an earlier poster suggested I know there is a button for how many tickets you want but now you need to put the Reg Number in and to make it fair should it not be one parking space per fan number?

After the Brentford game there were several Brentford fans parked there so how did they get in without a fan number?

Bought by friends I guess. All I know it is isn't an ordinary game - it is a hastily arranged late kick off so people like me are looking for something they don't normally look for. Comparing it with a long planned game offering spaces well ahead of time seems wrong to me.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I think the difference this time was that the club announced yesterday that they would be going on sale today.
Therefore I would assume that there were enough people (130?) logged on at 9.00am to click on the "BUY" button and put a ticket in their basket.
I set a reminder on my phone for 8.55, and was successful. Without any prior notice from the club I wouldn't have looked at that time.

Previously they've taken longer to sell out (2 or 3 hrs?) because no one had a clue when they would become available.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I think the difference this time was that the club announced yesterday that they would be going on sale today.
Therefore I would assume that there were enough people (130?) logged on at 9.00am to click on the "BUY" button and put a ticket in their basket.
I set a reminder on my phone for 8.55, and was successful. Without any prior notice from the club I wouldn't have looked at that time.

Previously they've taken longer to sell out (2 or 3 hrs?) because no one had a clue when they would become available.

I would be happy to pay for a parking season ticket.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Yes they did.

They always went on sale at the same time as general tickets.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Where did they say parking would go on sale at 9am today please?

Good question. All I could find was 7th January. I even tried very early this morning, again at 8am and then at 9.02am when I excitedly clicked on Buy and it greyed and changed to sold out.

I’ve been lucky in the past so put this down to “not this time”

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Where did they say parking would go on sale at 9am today please?

They didn't.

What they said was that tickets for the game would go on general sale. This is when parking is released - this is information which the club assumes everyone knows, but its obvious reading on here that they don't. I only found out after phoning them when I missed a couple of car parks earlier in the season.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I logged on at 08.59 and the button was still greyed out, refreshed and the buy button became active at 09.00 for me, there were 24 spaces available at that time. When I had completed my purchase I refreshed in the vain hope that some of the parking for other matches had come available - it hadn't but I also realised that Chelsea was now showing as sold out and that was at 9.02.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I logged on at 08.59 and the button was still greyed out, refreshed and the buy button became active at 09.00 for me, there were 24 spaces available at that time. When I had completed my purchase I refreshed in the vain hope that some of the parking for other matches had come available - it hadn't but I also realised that Chelsea was now showing as sold out and that was at 9.02.

That's weird. I refreshed at 9.00 as 8.59 was not showing any one sale yet, and immediately it showed 130 available tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here