Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chelsea lose again! when will they be after gus?

Falmer Forever

Jan 5, 2011
On argus it says that it will take something out of this world to tempt Poyet away from the Albion
So this wont be happening

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He is still being paid by West Ham though, and if he gets a new club he'll stop being paid by West Ham. The question is, does he want another job? Or is he happy being paid for doing nothing?

Yes he does. He has said when he manages next it will be in the prem and he was interviewed TWICE for the Villa job but for some reason they went for Houllier.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
On argus it says that it will take something out of this world to tempt Poyet away from the Albion
So this wont be happening

But I would say Poyet would view Chelsea as out of this world. Don't mean its going to happen any time soon though

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Does anyone seriously think that, Chelsea, who would want one of the top 6 managers in the world (and they've had most of them), would consider dropping to Div 3 for someone who's in their first post and has done that for one year. Seriously deluded, some people.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I have no idea about the incumbent (although presumably after the WC he's on a good footing if its the same guy), but I'd suspect at the moment the only real job that could realistically come out of the blue and tempt Gus away might be the Uruguay national one...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
By Andy Naylor »

Gus Poyet says it will take something "out of this world" to tempt him away from Albion at the moment.

Several top flight jobs jobs could be up for grabs soon.

Carlo Ancelotti (Chelsea), Roy Hodgson (Liverpool), Avram Grant (West Ham) and Gerard Houllier (Aston Villa) are all under pressure in their Premier League posts.

Poyet admitted: "That is where I want to get to. I've said that all the time.

"There are two options. We get there all together, which is the easiest way and the nicest, because you have stayed in one place and made the football club better and better.

"Or, if we are not very good a player will leave and go to a bigger club or maybe the manager.

"That is the situation but I think right now it would have to be something out of this world to tempt me away from Brighton."

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Does anyone seriously think that, Chelsea, who would want one of the top 6 managers in the world (and they've had most of them), would consider dropping to Div 3 for someone who's in their first post and has done that for one year. Seriously deluded, some people.

IF, Being the key word in my post. IF

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There is absolutely zero chance of him going to Chelsea! Utterly ridiculous. There is no way on God's earth that a club like Chelsea would choose an unproven manager from League One!!! We should be more worried about smaller ailing Premiership clubs than Chelsea.

john baldock

Feb 18, 2009
gloucester
This comes up at least once a week,in the 40 years i have watched the albion we have seen good players and Managers come and go and as sad as it is we will always be a feeder club to the marquee clubs and as much as i want to say f--k of and leave us alone it wont happen because money talks so if Gus goes lets be grown up and wish him well in meantime lets enjoy the moment because they dont come round very often,had my say.Lets put pomepy to the sword saturday !!!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
IF, Being the key word in my post. IF

Yuh - I wasn't disagreeing with you, just the premise of the thread. I have no doubt that given the right offer from anyone who can suitabll further his career that he'd be off - but presently, that would be either top half C'ship or lower half prem I think.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Chelsea have a real problem with the UEFA Qualifying rules due to be implemented hence the lack of investment and reducing the wage bill. Trouble is it is really beginning to tell those huge investments in players of which Man City will have the same problem.

I read an article or column by martin samuel some months back that explained it might actually be good for Man City to be spending big now, because it will help them when the restrictions come in. I can't remember the exact logic, but it made some sense at the time. It might have been something like buying to sell, if they spend on signing 30 players now, then when the restrictions come in, sell 12 of them and that counts as income, thus giving them a higher budget to spend on wages, or perhaps it was more tied to bringing in merchandise sales or something.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I read an article or column by martin samuel some months back that explained it might actually be good for Man City to be spending big now, because it will help them when the restrictions come in. I can't remember the exact logic, but it made some sense at the time. It might have been something like buying to sell, if they spend on signing 30 players now, then when the restrictions come in, sell 12 of them and that counts as income, thus giving them a higher budget to spend on wages, or perhaps it was more tied to bringing in merchandise sales or something.

So what you are saying is you dont really know ;)

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
For Gus to get a top Premiership job he will need experience of european football. It seems unlikely he will get that with us in the immediate future, so I would expect his next job to be abroard, probably for language reasons in Spain. I would be more worried about a Spanish club showing an interest than a Premiership club tempting him away.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For Gus to get a top Premiership job he will need experience of european football. It seems unlikely he will get that with us in the immediate future, so I would expect his next job to be abroard, probably for language reasons in Spain. I would be more worried about a Spanish club showing an interest than a Premiership club tempting him away.

Maybe he could take over a bolton or wigan, a middling lower team who have the potential for a europa league spot (if fa cup wins etc. push the qualification places down), the europa league could give him the experience for a tottenham or struggling liverpool (it was enough for hodgson).

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Maybe he could take over a bolton or wigan, a middling lower team who have the potential for a europa league spot (if fa cup wins etc. push the qualification places down), the europa league could give him the experience for a tottenham or struggling liverpool (it was enough for hodgson).

A good point but Roy Hodgson has considerable experience of working in Europe.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
What manager in their right mind would go to Liverpool at the moment - they are a club in free fall and until they hit rock bottom you'd hav eto be seriously nuts to take that job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here