Chelsea Launch complaint

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He's mic'd up to 3 other officials, each with ear pieces in, each hearing his every word, and alternatively it sounds like the evidence against will be 2 Brazilians hearing a Geordie say a specific word in that cauldron of noise, that no one else really heard. The fact Mata didn't even hear the supposed 'Spanish tw*t' insult, which has now been dropped shows how hastily all this was thrown together.

Yup, sounded like bullshit the minute it hit the fan. Designed by some half-bright PR twat to deflect the lingering racism stench away from from Chelsea. When in fact its made things ten times worse. If the referees back Clattenburg, as they surely must, then it'll ultimately end up with the Premier League being suspended due to a referees strike, or Chelsea being chucked out of the division (or, bearing in mind the financial realities of the thing, huge money changing hands and a trivial ponts deduction). These are the stakes, folks.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Apparently what Clattenburg said was "I don't give a monkeys" to Mikel who was complaining he had got the ball when Clattenburg had given a freekick against him for a foul...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If it is proven that that clattenburg said something racist, he should and would be sacked. With criminal proceedings to follow.

If it is proven that Mikel/ Chelsea have falsely accused him of making a racist comment then Mikel must be sacked, and Chelsea deducted points.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There was talk that any proven cases of racism within football should be treated as gross misconduct and thereby a sacking offence. I'm pretty sure that would work with stewards ball boys etc. but no club would ever sack a player such as Suarez and lose £M's.....ridiculous .

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If it is proven that Mikel/ Chelsea have falsely accused him of making a racist comment then Mikel must be sacked, and Chelsea deducted points.

It could be more serious than that. As I understand it, Mikel has made a sworn statement. I imagine that if the complaint were proved false, Mikel could find himself doing a bit of a stretch down the road at the Scrubs after he faced charges of perjuryand perverting the course of justice. And if not, he could certainly find himself at the wrong end of a defamation suit. Chelsea have really opened up a can of worms here

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It could be more serious than that. As I understand it, Mikel has made a sworn statement. I imagine that if the complaint were proved false, Mikel could find himself doing a bit of a stretch down the road at the Scrubs after he faced charges of perjuryand perverting the course of justice. And if not, he could certainly find himself at the wrong end of a defamation suit. Chelsea have really opened up a can of worms here

So if what you say is true, someone, either Clattenburg or Mikel could well be going to prison.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports