Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea Launch complaint

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
***BREAKING NEWS***

BBC SPORT
FA is set to sack Mark Clattenburg after video evidence confirms him calling Fernando Torres a 'striker'.

more to follow...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He was in terrible pain from the shear brutality of the tackle...

View attachment 35645

Indeed. The poor fella is in agong!

990292-fernando-torres.jpg

Hang on, moments later, the pain has gone completely, it's as if he's forgotten about the brutality and agony.

Fernando-Torres-red-card-Chelsea-v-Manchester_2852441.jpg

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'd hate to have a job where all of my clients, colleagues and suppliers were cheating all the time but when I make the slightest mistake they feel they have the right to scream abuse in my face. Might find another job - oh wait a minute - refs are leaving in their droves! Can't imagine why.

Clubs need to get a grip and this would be solved within weeks - but they don't want to get involved in case they upset the prima donnas they employ. I liked the idea on TalkSport this am where a caller suggested making the refs mic available on the Red Button. They'd soon stop their foul-mouthed attacks if they knew sponsors would hear.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think players would stop abusing refs if refs didn't let them. If they started cautioning and/or sending players off for abusing them and swearing at them players would learn. However, if they started doing that the experts and fans would talk about sanitising the game and taking it away from working class roots and football being soft, etc.

Dandyman

In London village.

Dandyman

In London village.
Did you deliberately miss this part of the article you've quoted ?

" Peter Herbert, the lawyer behind the potential black players' breakaway union, earlier revealed he made a written complaint to the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS). "

No, I did not miss it but the BBC claimed that the Met's action was in response to a complaint from Chelsea.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The 10-yard rule needs to be brought back in. if a player other than the captain protests over reacts to any ref decision just move the ball forward 10yards. used to Ref myself for 20yrs and the abuse was constant, just told the offenders to zip it or they were booked.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I think players would stop abusing refs if refs didn't let them. If they started cautioning and/or sending players off for abusing them and swearing at them players would learn.
Swear at a hockey ump and straight card/sinbin. Accuse them of cheating or bias and it's a straight red. Something they should bring into football.

After the game is when complaints should be made and dealt with as appropriate by the ruling authorities.

However, if they started doing that the experts and fans would talk about sanitising the game and taking it away from working class roots and football being soft, etc.
thus perpetuating the problem. Also, is being foul mouthed something that is particular to he working class or don't they have higher standards than that? It's about respect, plain and simple.

At te end of the day, you can have as much abuse of refs as the FA/authorities/refs want to allow.

Dandyman

In London village.
The BBC report says that 'Neither Chelsea or The FA made the Police complaint'

Apologies, I mis-read this "A Football Association investigation, launched after a complaint by Chelsea, will continue."

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The 10-yard rule needs to be brought back in. if a player other than the captain protests over reacts to any ref decision just move the ball forward 10yards. used to Ref myself for 20yrs and the abuse was constant, just told the offenders to zip it or they were booked.

I would agree with that but also add that if the 10 yds take the ball into the penalty area then the kick becomes a penalty. That would stop dissent but wasn't it FIFA who made us drop the idea after 1 season.

Camicus

These antics are sucking the life out of football and the FA needs to send a clear message to all 72 clubs from next weekend abuse a ref its a straight red use foul language its a straight red. Accuse a ref of misconduct and the ref is innocent 10 points deducted. I wont watch premiership football because of all the bollocks

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
These antics are sucking the life out of football and the FA needs to send a clear message to all 72 clubs from next weekend abuse a ref its a straight red use foul language its a straight red. Accuse a ref of misconduct and the ref is innocent 10 points deducted. I wont watch premiership football because of all the bollocks

Fully agree with this post, particularly the part that I have highlighted. If the claim is found to be untrue Chelsea should be deducted points and the players involved banned for several games...how about four or eight games?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The BBC report says that 'Neither Chelsea or The FA made the Police complaint'

I heard that a third party made the complaint. The is disconcerting as the Police cannot examine the witness. It ought not to be allowed. The third party was not even a witness.

Normally, the Police would just ignore a spurious complaint like this. I mean they ignore serious first person complaints, so why should they even be obliged to investigate a third person agency.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Chelsea have now lodged a 'formal complaint' with the FA that racist terms were used towards Mikel, but the alledged use of a racist term towards Mata is not part of the complaint. Seems a bit strange that they are pursuing one, but not the other ???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is going to come back to bite Chelsea in the bum BIGTIME. The referee has the full backing of his union, and rightly so. Certainly nobody in the media seems to give much credence to Chelsea's version of events. Why would they? :shrug:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Fully agree with this post, particularly the part that I have highlighted. If the claim is found to be untrue Chelsea should be deducted points and the players involved banned for several games...how about four or eight games?

How about life?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I remember when we were at the Goldstone sat in the South Stand hearing Colin Pates swearing and abusing a linesman and the ref over a decision over giving a corner against him. At the time I was a member of Surrey FA and had the same language been used in a local game the player would have been instantly sent off and a suspension to follow.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is going to come back to bite Chelsea in the bum BIGTIME. The referee has the full backing of his union, and rightly so. Certainly nobody in the media seems to give much credence to Chelsea's version of events. Why would they? :shrug:

He's mic'd up to 3 other officials, each with ear pieces in, each hearing his every word, and alternatively it sounds like the evidence against will be 2 Brazilians hearing a Geordie say a specific word in that cauldron of noise, that no one else really heard. The fact Mata didn't even hear the supposed 'Spanish tw*t' insult, which has now been dropped shows how hastily all this was thrown together.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Yeah, why did they bin that?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here