Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea in Paris

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Hmm, resorting to shouting & repeating your flawed argument now then. No surprise.

Rational & reasoned debate about indisputable human rights wins again against hollow ill founded views.

Treat people as you'd like to be treated. Racism is indefensible.
there was a thread on here a couple of years ago about public enemy at the dome , a poster on the thread recounted how he was "lucky to get out alive" from a previous public enemy concert at Brixton academy , how he was punched in the face and how he was questioned 'what are you doing here white boy' etc, not one of the Middle class white boys on that thread expressed the slightest bit of the horror and outrage that's been expressed here, but then again that wouldn't have made them feel quite as smug and self righteous.
The crowd was 95% black of which 50% seemed to take strong objection against the white faces being there. Lots of pushing and shoving "what are you doing here white boy" comments. My mate got punched in the face and we were saved from a kicking when some guy saw us surrounded and stepped in. This went on all night, very intimidating.

It was like Rorke's drift.

Were Public Enemy any good that night? I wouldn't have a clue.

Of course it happens and I was subject to such treatment many years ago, but it's not about black and White, it's about bigoted bellends ruining peoples enjoyment of life whatever colour. Now please kindly take your political views off this thread which originally was meant to be about a legendary hip hop group and a cracking night out.

Dont be ridiculous , I dont believe a word , this sort of thing just doesnt go on , assaults and bullying on racial grounds are the exclusive preserve of "knuckle dragging white trash neanderthals" who have failed to embrace diversity and all the benefits it has brought, you only need to ask [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] who has spent time living in camden and hillingdon, or [MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION] , or [MENTION=256]DTES[/MENTION] to find out that stories like these are pure fantasy.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Waiting for the next train in six minutes and trains leaving when not absolutely crammed full (still uncomfortable full). A choice I make every Albion match.

I go for not getting crammed in and waiting. It has caused more much fractious arguments at Brighton station when passengers are not allowed on the West Coastway service going home. And punch ups on the train (but we lost).

Too many people (queuing) in the way to get a decent video though.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
The star of the clip is undoubtedly the black guy, the main bully the big bald guy and the rest pretty embarrassing to different degrees.

I am not sure how much racism is in it though, I am guessing that if any frenchman tried to enter the carriage then he would of been given similar treatment (accepting that has an element of prejudice ), there didnt seem to be an reference to his colour when he was pushed out, if there was then it would be a different matter entirely.

Now of course the most damning part of all of this clip is the singing, I wonder though if this was triggered by the current fashion of football chanting based on a sarcastic reference to things that are seen, you know Puncheon going for a sh*t, and then a chant of 'he sh*ts when he wants' and so on, perhaps they saw this link no matter how accurate.

Personally if I was there on that carriage and there was no violent attack then I might feel uncomfortable but would stay on the carriage, if however their was a racist abuse then I would leave the carriage and perhaps remonstrate but cannot be sure, but I wouldnt stay within such an environment.

I think this is spot on. The guy was pushed off the train because he wasn't a Chelsea fan. Had he been a black Chelsea fan ,they would have let him on. I have seen this behaviour before with both Albion fans and England fans. Very childish , maybe a bit aggressive , but not racist. The chanting afterwards showed them up to purile little boys.

Jan 30, 2008
Hmm, resorting to shouting & repeating your flawed argument now then. No surprise.

Rational & reasoned debate about indisputable human rights wins again against hollow ill founded views.

Treat people as you'd like to be treated. Racism is indefensible.
no one's defending anything , people see it how they want to, you're entitled to your views and so am i ???
regards
DR

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think this is spot on. The guy was pushed off the train because he wasn't a Chelsea fan. Had he been a black Chelsea fan ,they would have let him on. I have seen this behaviour before with both Albion fans and England fans. Very childish , maybe a bit aggressive , but not racist. The chanting afterwards showed them up to purile little boys.

But it happens with Chelsea fans more often than others. They are more childish.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I hope you're not a defence lawyer.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...oy-in-chelsea-fans-racism-storm-10056043.html

chel.jpg

Not only does the one in the White t shirt and black jacket have one of 'those' faces, he does some cringey swagger in the video but also is clearly seen singing the song...

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Unless he was caught singing you can't pin it on him. If they're his friends though it's probably time to find less moronic imbecilesto hang around with before he is caught. Then again it looks like he votes UKIP so he's probably a wrongun.

Haha. My God there are some strange sorts who follow Brighton. They always seem to be attracted to this sort of thread too. Strange.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not only does the one in the White t shirt and black jacket have one of 'those' faces, he does some cringey swagger in the video but also is clearly seen singing the song...

It's not going to be too difficult to identify them and give them banning orders.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's not going to be too difficult to identify them and give them banning orders.
[MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] is correct about that kiddy who's pic was on here and in the paper - there's no evidence he was singing or pushed the man. Could easily be wrong place wrong time - who knows?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The way those supporters were acting, not to mention the way they look, I'm glad football is becoming sanitised.

No one who complains about football being sanitised is after a return to monkey chants on the terraces, bananas being lobbed at John Barnes and the NF openly handing out literature outside grounds. But frankly the fact they were off to the football is the only thing that football has to do with this. It's just a bunch of racist goons pushing a black man off a tube. It could have happened after The March for England or a Skrewdriver concert.

You're really glad about the terrible atmosphere at games as football tourists dilute the very thing that attracted them in the first place? You're glad about bubble games? About working men being charged half a weeks wages to watch multi millionairre bang average players with the IQ of an amoeba get booked for regulation challenges? That TV has dictated that the Bradford v Reading cup game kicks off BEFORE the Villa v West Brom one? That fans these days are far more likely to pick out their fellow supporters then back them up (a good example the other day was on FB where we were discussing Peter Shilton's 1000th game against us for Orient where the stewards were picking out anyone and different groups stood up for each other). Modern football stinks as much as organised racism.

Last edited:

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Im more concerned about what happened at Birmingham airport when them two islamic nutters came of the flight and over 100 of their nutty f'ing followers started chanting in the airport ...nothing in the press there is youtube footage which i havnt the foggiest how to post . I would be more concerned about those nutters than posh chelsea boys trying to look the real deal. We as a nation need to toughen up and stop being told every thing is about political correctness we need to stand up against these things as the nutters seem.to be on the increase .

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

"Not racist" you are joking right?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Im more concerned about what happened at Birmingham airport when them two islamic nutters came of the flight and over 100 of their nutty f'ing followers started chanting in the airport ...nothing in the press there is youtube footage which i havnt the foggiest how to post . I would be more concerned about those nutters than posh chelsea boys trying to look the real deal. We as a nation need to toughen up and stop being told every thing is about political correctness we need to stand up against these things as the nutters seem.to be on the increase .

And yet my British Muslim colleague who I regularly go on business trips with checks in half an hour earlier than me and meets me in the lounge because it's guaranteed his laptop will get doused and he'll have to choose between a patting down and Mr Marigold.

Don't get me wrong. the returnees and their mates are as scummy and racist as you like but if this happened (and presumably someone can post the evidence) it's a serious security breach rather than social commentary.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
GOOGLE
Islamic new arrivals Birmingham international airport
@ Guinness Boy

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014

I'm guessing you mean this video. Search on twitter and it pops up on a lot of far right Islamophobic websites. Thing is, not one identifies who the person is or translates what the crowd is chanting. Without those facts you're just being a bigot imo

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
GOOGLE
Islamic new arrivals Birmingham international airport
@ Guinness Boy

Next time run the video, right click and select Get URL at current time. Then copy that link. Then on here click the Insert Video link second from the end in "quick reply" to the thread and paste in the link. I've done it for you here though.

it actually needs watching. To me this is every bit as unacceptable as the OP. An interesting moral question on where we draw the line on free speech awaits to which I have no answers.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

I'm guessing you mean this video. Search on twitter and it pops up on a lot of far right Islamophobic websites. Thing is, not one identifies who the person is or translates what the crowd is chanting. Without those facts you're just being a bigot imo

F***ing hell. I started off on this thread confident I knew what side I was on. but, honestly, that is as big a pile of nonsense as the "nothing to see here" reaction to the OP. Is this normal? Really? Only I fly about twenty four times a year for work and once had so many air miles I bought a holiday to St Lucia. I have flown in some of the most unsafe aircraft in the world. I have flown through or in to several major shitholes. And I've never seen that for a couple of normal Joes returning from their holidays. The crowds at Indian airports are generally five to ten people deep yet they are all silent unless Sachin Tendulkar himself happens to be flying in.

Pick your battles. You do anti-racism a massive disservice with this nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here