Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ched Evans

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
No it doesn't. But if you want to even think about being accepted back in society and/or forgiven remorse and responsibility is probably a good place to start. Maybe Evan cannot do this at present due to his appeal. If this is the case then as others have pointed out he will have to keep a low profile until the case is finally concluded.

Apart from the video he released he has kept a low profile since his release, its the press who kept publishing pictures of him going about his business. As for coming back into football why shouldn't he? Lee Hughes, Marlon King and Luke McCormick have (McCormick live on sky as I type) why shouldn't CE? It's his trade, whats the alternative, to be a drain on society and live on benefits?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's his trade, whats the alternative, to be a drain on society and live on benefits?

Find a new trade? People are wonderfully adaptable. He could earn a living in a supermarket, or as a street cleaner. He could go back to uni and learn a new skill, maybe learn business and get a nice job at a big firm. He could try and get an apprenticeship with a local building/plumbing/electrician company - I imagine he will have a lot of sympathetic people around Sheffield who would be happy to give him a chance. He might be able to get a nice business loan from his father in law, or if he has plenty of money from his football career might be able to afford himself to invest in a new start up company, or buy houses to fix and sell or rent out.

It's not Professional footballer or benefits scrounger.

Apart from the video he released he has kept a low profile since his release, its the press who kept publishing pictures of him going about his business. As for coming back into football why shouldn't he? Lee Hughes, Marlon King and Luke McCormick have (McCormick live on sky as I type) why shouldn't CE? It's his trade, whats the alternative, to be a drain on society and live on benefits?

The bottom line is families don't want to go and cheer on rapists. He'll have to find another job to do, plenty of careers in the world you can carry out out of the public eye. Sex offenders face many limits on the jobs they can go back to, should have thought of that before he changed this poor girl's life, really tired of this special pleading for Evans just cos he can kick a ball around

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Find a new trade? People are wonderfully adaptable. He could earn a living in a supermarket, or as a street cleaner. He could go back to uni and learn a new skill, maybe learn business and get a nice job at a big firm. He could try and get an apprenticeship with a local building/plumbing/electrician company - I imagine he will have a lot of sympathetic people around Sheffield who would be happy to give him a chance. He might be able to get a nice business loan from his father in law, or if he has plenty of money from his football career might be able to afford himself to invest in a new start up company, or buy houses to fix and sell or rent out.

It's not Professional footballer or benefits scrounger.

Fair point, however why should he when he is a professional footballer and can earn thousands of pounds a week. Hughes, McCormick and King all decided they wanted to resume a career in football why should Evans not? Hughes and McCormicks actions resulted in death and yet they have rejoined the 'football family.' King has got numerous convictions including assaulting young girls yet Sheff United signed him with no fuss at all. Why should Evans be any different? Please spare the 'he hasn't shown remorse' mantra, he is appealing his conviction so therefore won't.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
The bottom line is families don't want to go and cheer on rapists. He'll have to find another job to do, plenty of careers in the world you can carry out out of the public eye. Sex offenders face many limits on the jobs they can go back to, should have thought of that before he changed this poor girl's life, really tired of this special pleading for Evans just cos he can kick a ball around

Don't they? Was just watching Plymouth v Portsmouth and the crowd (no doubt including many families) were in raptures at the 3-0 victory for Plymouth, aided and abetted by Luke McCormick whose actions resulted in the death of 2 young children. If that can be forgiven then surely rape can?

Don't they?

That's right and trying to muddy the waters with comparisons to other crimes is utterly pointless as it won't whitewash the fact that Evans RAPED a defenceless girl and decent people won't go and cheer on a person like that.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I fully understand why he doesn't show remorse however, i don't believe he should kick a ball professionally until the CCRC have reviewed the case and, if sent back to the court of appeal, the case is heard there. McCormick, Hughes et al had completed their prison sentences and didn't have further appeals pending as they did not dispute the convictions hence they got on with their careers.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Maybe people think it's not fair to not get re- signed but it's not fair to get raped either. **** him, dirty rapist.

Serving your term doesn't actually erase your crime. He's a convicted rapist. Fact.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Maybe people think it's not fair to not get re- signed but it's not fair to get raped either. **** him, dirty rapist.

Serving your term doesn't actually erase your crime. He's a convicted rapist. Fact.
Unrepentant convicted rapist.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fair point, however why should he when he is a professional footballer and can earn thousands of pounds a week. Hughes, McCormick and King all decided they wanted to resume a career in football why should Evans not? Hughes and McCormicks actions resulted in death and yet they have rejoined the 'football family.' King has got numerous convictions including assaulting young girls yet Sheff United signed him with no fuss at all. Why should Evans be any different? Please spare the 'he hasn't shown remorse' mantra, he is appealing his conviction so therefore won't.

Every time I come on this thread I see you, and just you, defending this Evans guy from numerous other posters. Why do you have such a strong opinion, and endless energy, for this particular issue?

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
And to sign the sex offenders register, presumably.

Point remains, his sentence is not complete. He is still 'serving' the remaining part of it, but out (on license).

(Quite how he is eligible for release on license, having shown no contrition, is another argument entirely, and one for which I have no answer).
Because these days, if your sentence is under, I believe 7 years, you are automatically released at the half way point in your sentence. Not everyone has to sit in front of a parole board.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Every time I come on this thread I see you, and just you, defending this Evans guy from numerous other posters. Why do you have such a strong opinion, and endless energy, for this particular issue?

I don't have to justify myself and the subjects I post on to you or anyone.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't have to justify myself and the subjects I post on to you or anyone.

True. But it might go some way to help me understand your position and argument better?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
True. But it might go some way to help me understand your position and argument better?

Read my posts and you will see my position and arguements very clearly. Bottom line is I believe he is innocent. No hidden agenda's or conspiracies with another poster (as was insinuated earlier this week). I do also post on less controversial threads as well for example I did yesterday on the 'when did the fences go up at the goldstone' thread. I don't come on her just to stoke controversy or to wind people up (although given some of the abuse I have taken on here I certainly have wound some posters up on here) I'm not complaining about that as I believe in if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Anyone defending this rapist may think they mean well but they are seriously misguided with a broken moral compass.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Read my posts and you will see my position and arguements very clearly. Bottom line is I believe he is innocent. No hidden agenda's or conspiracies with another poster (as was insinuated earlier this week). I do also post on less controversial threads as well for example I did yesterday on the 'when did the fences go up at the goldstone' thread. I don't come on her just to stoke controversy or to wind people up (although given some of the abuse I have taken on here I certainly have wound some posters up on here) I'm not complaining about that as I believe in if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

On what grounds do you believe him to be innocent?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here