Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ched Evans

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good to see his supporters getting behind him on Twitter with some reasoned debate.
[MENTION=18269]RICK[/MENTION]ieLambert07: “Jessica Ennis-Hill is a stupid c***. Saying she will remove her name if Ched Evens [sic] is signed. I hope he rapes her"

@CoreyOC21: “Hope Ched Evans gets you you little slut.”

Scumbags.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Good to see his supporters getting behind him on Twitter with some reasoned debate.

[MENTION=18269]RICK[/MENTION]ieLambert07: “Jessica Ennis-Hill is a stupid c***. Saying she will remove her name if Ched Evens [sic] is signed. I hope he rapes her"

South Yorkshire Police will be paying them a visit now.....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

As his supporters, do you think he might appreciate them not suggesting he is in fact a rapist? :shrug:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As his supporters, do you think he might appreciate them not suggesting he is in fact a rapist? :shrug:

You might be making the mistake of assuming they are his supporters rather than the normal anonymous keyboard trolls that spring up in these circumstances. Whatever they are, one hopes they get easily identified and prosecuted.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could he go to play in Scotland or does his ban on going abroad not include Scotland as although being another country with certain different laws and justice system, is still in the UK.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

According to the jury, they got that bit right.
It is when the difference between fans and customers becomes crucial.
Fans are the ones who can end your career ???

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Could he go to play in Scotland or does his ban on going abroad not include Scotland as although being another country with certain different laws and justice system, is still in the UK.

No. He'd get turned away at the border control on the M6.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Putting aside all of the is he innocent or guilty debate (acknowledge as things stand he is guilty in the eyes of the law) why has this particular case caused so much more controversy than the Luke McCormick case? McCormick killed two children when drunk behind the wheel of his car in 2008, upon release from prison he resumed his league career firstly at Oxford and then at Plymouth (who he was playing for when he was convicted), earlier on this year he was made captain of Plymouth. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall 49 page threads on here, online petitions attracting thousands of sigatures, patrons resigning and sponsors threatening to withdraw support. Why is it McComick was able to resume his career in (relative) peace and yet Evans it appears will be unable to? Ditto Marlon King who has a string of convictions including assault of two women who rejcted his advances in a club, yet he was able to resume his career and ironically enough in Sept 2013 joined Sheffield United!! No patrons resigned back then (as far as I know) kit sponsors didn't pull out (as far as I know) and I don't remember Jess Ennis having an issue with his signing.

It seems to me a man will attract far more condemnation who has a rape conviction than a man who has drunkenly killed 2 children. I find it puzzling.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Putting aside all of the is he innocent or guilty debate (acknowledge as things stand he is guilty in the eyes of the law) why has this particular case caused so much more controversy than the Luke McCormick case? McCormick killed two children when drunk behind the wheel of his car in 2008, upon release from prison he resumed his league career firstly at Oxford and then at Plymouth (who he was playing for when he was convicted), earlier on this year he was made captain of Plymouth. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall 49 page threads on here, online petitions attracting thousands of sigatures, patrons resigning and sponsors threatening to withdraw support. Why is it McComick was able to resume his career in (relative) peace and yet Evans it appears will be unable to? Ditto Marlon King who has a string of convictions including assault of two women who rejcted his advances in a club, yet he was able to resume his career and ironically enough in Sept 2013 joined Sheffield United!! No patrons resigned back then (as far as I know) kit sponsors didn't pull out (as far as I know) and I don't remember Jess Ennis having an issue with his signing.

It seems to me a man will attract far more condemnation who has a rape conviction than a man who has drunkenly killed 2 children. I find it puzzling.

One big difference is that McCormack has taken responsibility for his actions and shown remorse.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
One big difference is that McCormack has taken responsibility for his actions and shown remorse.

Thats fair enough but if Evans is appealling and genuinely feels he has been wrongly convicted his defence team will be advising him that coming out and showing remorse would be as good as admitting guilt for the offence, that would seriously undermine his appeal so contrary to the media spin it would be very good legal advice not to show any remorse until his appeal has run its course. Its a massive risk for him though as if his appeal fails he will be demonised with even more venom than he is currently.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

As HT states, the difference is that McCormick acknowledged that he had done wrong but the two 'crimes' cannot really be compared. It was not one word against another that McCormick was drunk and driving, that was fact that even if he wanted to, he couldn't deny. Evans continues to claim that he committed no crime and irrespective of what decisions a court of appeal may make, no one, other than the girl, can prove otherwise.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010

So that brings the children back to their mum does it? Must be of huge comfort to the family of the two children that he has shown remorse.

The reason why CE has not shown any remorse is because he has launched an appeal against his conviction. People who believe in their innocence don't show remorse as they believe they are innocent. In (in)famous miscarriages of justice such as the Guildford 4 / Brum 6 / Sion Jenkins none of them ever showed any remorse because they were protesting their innocence, I have never heard Jeremy Bamber express any remorse either.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
As HT states, the difference is that McCormick acknowledged that he had done wrong but the two 'crimes' cannot really be compared. It was not one word against another that McCormick was drunk and driving, that was fact that even if he wanted to, he couldn't deny. Evans continues to claim that he committed no crime and irrespective of what decisions a court of appeal may make, no one, other than the girl, can prove otherwise.

Even so regardless of whether McCormick was drunk he still took the lives of 2 children but has not attracted a quarter of the vitroil CE has. Killing 2 children is life shattering for the families involved and yet no witch hutch against McCormick but a massive one against Evans for a crime which is serious but certainly not life changing (particularly as the girl in question can't even remember what happened). What about Marlon King? Convicted of assault against 2 young girls (who remembered everything, so it must have been distressing for them) yet Sheff United signed him with no fuss at all. Why is this?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So that brings the children back to their mum does it? Must be of huge comfort to the family of the two children that he has shown remorse.

The reason why CE has not shown any remorse is because he has launched an appeal against his conviction. People who believe in their innocence don't show remorse as they believe they are innocent. In (in)famous miscarriages of justice such as the Guildford 4 / Brum 6 / Sion Jenkins none of them ever showed any remorse because they were protesting their innocence, I have never heard Jeremy Bamber express any remorse either.

No it doesn't. But if you want to even think about being accepted back in society and/or forgiven remorse and responsibility is probably a good place to start. Maybe Evan cannot do this at present due to his appeal. If this is the case then as others have pointed out he will have to keep a low profile until the case is finally concluded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here