Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton Game - Ridiculous "OFF !!" Rumour

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Just been announced on BBC that tomorrow night's game is postponed
Is this true - can't see anything about it on the club site ?
Had a quick look on here but can't see anything
I'd be very surprised if it was as it's getting warmer and Charlton's only just up the road for travel so i would have thought if there was any doubt a pitch inspection could have been done tomorrow afternoon

Srixon

Sep 26, 2010
What the feck. Jesus. It's great weather outside, hundred times better than it was against Notts Co and the ref nearly gave the go ahead. If this is right then truly shocking.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The game was originally scheduled for Tuesday 28th December, it was postponed, to Wednesday (tomorrow) evening.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Can we please remove this thread or change the title.
People get worked up over NOTHING.

The official website would have news first before the fixtures list of the BBC.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
My mate , a fellow Brighton STH , lives in Bromley and his local news station has just said game is off . I am hoping this is just the media getting 2 + 2 wrong as I need a fix badly !!!!!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bother! Driving along Tongdean Lane, I couldn't see anything further than the Sportsman. I could only see as far as the halfway line round the bend and that is because they had those halogen lamps on the pitch.

So if you can see from tongdean lane to the half way line, with, say floodlights, it will be clear enough for the linesmen to see across the pitch, and the ref and players to see significant distant, and the fans to see far enough?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
So if you can see from tongdean lane to the half way line, with, say floodlights, it will be clear enough for the linesmen to see across the pitch, and the ref and players to see significant distant, and the fans to see far enough?

This was an hour ago and I would expect it to have worsened since my fleeting visit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here