Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton fans appeal for help

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
About 900 sold so far. I reckon maybe 1,200 tops by Saturday. A lot of people just not bothering with Charlton until the Chairman goes, eg none of my Addicks mates are coming down on Sat but half of them will be down next week for Lewes v Dulwich. A sizeable chunk of our support just don't have the passion for watching Charlton in its current state :(

I am not a Man U liker but why not do a green and black style protest, get all the Dulwich and Hamlet fans down for a weekend of it, and get a block in the away end just chanting their chants like 'we are the swaggering dandys' and being their crazy non league racket, all pink and purple and noisy. All it then needs is a clear banner then like 'Football Clubs are not Franchises' or 'Roland give us back our club', stick your six clubs just give our one club back. Hopefully he goes to home and away games....

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I have been reading a few charlton messageboards and I still cant quite see why Charlton are wanting the owners out.

It seems to me that they arent happy as the club are trying to balance the books much like we were last seaon.

Add to the fact that they have a fairly average squad this season, however currently they dont look like they are any real danager of getting relegated but another season of Mid-table.

And they are looking to invest money into new training facilities.

Now don't get me wrong I fully appreciate everything that fans and other clubs did to help us during dark times, which gave me a football club to support growing up, however I then supported a club with less ambition, wealth and future than Charlton currently do, I honestly need a little help to understand what exactly the Charlton Board are doing so wrong they need to be removed from the club?

No doubt it must be frustrating when you have had a few odd managerial appointments but overall from the outside it looks like the chairman is trying to run the club at a profit (Why such a bad thing) They have an average

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Have they actually appealed for help from us then? What is it they want us to do?

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
And for that reason IM OUT.

I wish you luck in your campaign but thats it.

But that was the club - not the fans - that set up the poster initiative. Yes, it was a "scummy thing to do". Charlton fans acknowledge that. But as we know, fans have little or no say about the way their football club is run.

You can't blame the fans for the actions taken by the club and its Board. We've been there and I remember the great support we had from Charlton fans during our difficult times. Just because we're all nice and cosy now doesn't mean we should ignore the plight of fans of other clubs who aren't as lucky as us.

CAFC fans. You can count me in.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Have to say I've always found Charlton a friendly bunch, they deserve our support.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Big fan of Charlton and their fans. Got a few friends there. Not only did many of their fans help us, they have had their own struggles. Besides they hate the Nigel's too.
Sing up for Charlton!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Someone mentioned wearing your underpants on your head.

I wasn't really paying attention though.

Ok, that's diffo but I'm in.

The washing machine's broken since October but heigh ho, needs must.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Another NO from me.

I am however MORE than happy to chip in for a poster OUTSIDE the Valley advertising Prem League football by the seaside when it happens.

Hell I will even drive one of the free coaches that the club may want to provide.

Afterall THEY ****ING DID IT TO US WHEN WE WERE AT GILLINGHAM.

Never forget. Why do we bum lick Charlton I will never ever know.

Even Palace never stooped so low.

This would have been the brainchild of the titwank owner at the time , not their fans.

Have a day off yeah.............

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Decent club Charlton and decent fans, I will applaud any protest they care to bring to the Amex, offer any support I can, and wish them the best o' luck...

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Charlton fans are alright by me. :clap2:

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
Hopefully someone from ITTV forum will make clear what they are planning before the game, then any fans who want to applaud/join in, can do so.

Its nice to show support for a good set of fans, but obviously and understandably getting behind our own team and winning by more than one goal is our first priority!

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Just reading one of their websites about their memories of the Goldstone:-

"Brighton 5, Hartlepool 0, February 8th 1997. One of the best away days, EVER. The first 'Fans United' day of action, whereby fans from all over the UK, Europe, and beyond, came to offer support for the ailing B&HA FC, whose chairman, Bill Archer, had engineered the sale of the Goldstone, without sorting out another venue. Without a game that day, LOTS of Addicks were there to show solidarity. The gates got opened, loads of us got in without paying and everyone donated to the B&HA Independent Supporters' Club, who were going around with buckets. Attila the Stockbroker was PA / DJ. Sussex cops info-gatherers were intent on filming the large and up-for-it 'home' support - i.e.us - and we sang and sang all game. Brighton were good value for their win that day. The atmosphere was terrific. We loved it. The cops didn't. A great day. There was another Fans United some while later, when Brighton were ground-sharing at Gillingham. That was a good day, too."

Anyone team with fans like that deserve some credit (and thanks). I will never forget that day, and they were a BIG part of it.

Just reading one of their websites about their memories of the Goldstone:-

"Brighton 5, Hartlepool 0, February 8th 1997. One of the best away days, EVER. The first 'Fans United' day of action, whereby fans from all over the UK, Europe, and beyond, came to offer support for the ailing B&HA FC, whose chairman, Bill Archer, had engineered the sale of the Goldstone, without sorting out another venue. Without a game that day, LOTS of Addicks were there to show solidarity. The gates got opened, loads of us got in without paying and everyone donated to the B&HA Independent Supporters' Club, who were going around with buckets. Attila the Stockbroker was PA / DJ. Sussex cops info-gatherers were intent on filming the large and up-for-it 'home' support - i.e.us - and we sang and sang all game. Brighton were good value for their win that day. The atmosphere was terrific. We loved it. The cops didn't. A great day. There was another Fans United some while later, when Brighton were ground-sharing at Gillingham. That was a good day, too."

Anyone team with fans like that deserve some credit (and thanks). I will never forget that day, and they were a BIG part of it.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Yes, Charlton fans were big in support of us during 'the troubles' and they had to endure their own groundshare so I'll back 'em.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here