Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton Card - We need your help for our Fans United day

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
With you all the way, just let us win 10-0 and save your energy for the final day against Burnley

Webbo

Apr 16, 2016
Charlton confuse me , they have probably two of the best attacking players in the championship in Ventokele and Lookman yet will be playing league 1 footy next season , i wish the protesters well enough and will no doubt wave my white primark undercrackers in defiance but we seriously need to back our own team for this one i will be most happy to come away with 3 points however we get them .

They confuse me too. Igor Vetokele for example. Signed for 3 million and a four year contract, but has a clause that if we're relegated he can leave on a free transfer.
Oops.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
And the same ones in marketing that advertised at Brighton station Premier League football and free coaches on the billboard outside Btn station when we were playing at Gillingham.

And no doubt whoever was in charge of transfers (when we really WERE in the shit) bidding £50k for John Robinson when Lloyd valued him at £250k. They had just sold Rob Lee for £700k to the Toon. This was when tribunals favoured the buying team. End result £75k. Thank god a few months later Howard Wilkinson paid over the odds for Mark Beeney so we avoided the winding up order.

I wish them luck but sadly they wont get any support from me. Im OUT.

Amazing how many so called Albion fans forget this and they would have easily have seen us go under so like JACKALS they could have picked at the flesh on our BONES to try and nick a few supporters.

Thank GOD we had Dick Knight to SAVE us and now Charlton are finding KARMA is a bitch

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Playing the game requires focus and concentration, not just the ability to manipulate a football. On Saturday, our players will need to focus absolutely for forty-five minutes, then relax for fifteen minutes, then focus for another forty-five minutes. If the game is continually disrupted, and the players have to keep leaving the field, the ability of our players to win the game will be compromised.

I will support the protests of Charlton fans before and after the game, but they will forfeit my support the moment they seek to disrupt the match itself.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Perhaps the biggest and most significant protest Albion fans were involved with in the campaign to save the club was against York City, then on the brink of promotion. That was the day of the pitch invasion and the breaking of the goalposts forcing the game to be called off, attracting huge publicity and tipping the struggle against Archer in our favour. The York City fans were totally supportive on that occasion, applauding the pitch invasion and some even joined in. Let's hope the new and older generations of Albion fans can be as supportive to Charlton's plight on Saturday. (I think the rearranged York match was on a Thursday morning??? And York were promoted.)

I am not against getting behind Charlton's protests but I still remember talking to a couple of York lads who said most of their fans applauded the Brighton fans because they were f....cing terrified. I did tell him that that would never have been the case.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Does the latter suggestion not exclude our female supporters ?

I was suggesting it specifically to him.

That said, I've no idea of the state of his bollocks.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I am not against getting behind Charlton's protests but I still remember talking to a couple of York lads who said most of their fans applauded the Brighton fans because they were f....cing terrified. I did tell him that that would never have been the case.

I don't know about that, I don't think York fans had any choice but to be supportive that afternoon. If they had been otherwise there were enough lunatics on the pitch for their safety to be at risk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Are you putting on coaches for fans from other clubs to go like you did to us when we were struggling ?

And the same ones in marketing that advertised at Brighton station Premier League football and free coaches on the billboard outside Btn station when we were playing at Gillingham.

And no doubt whoever was in charge of transfers (when we really WERE in the shit) bidding £50k for John Robinson when Lloyd valued him at £250k. They had just sold Rob Lee for £700k to the Toon. This was when tribunals favoured the buying team. End result £75k. Thank god a few months later Howard Wilkinson paid over the odds for Mark Beeney so we avoided the winding up order.

I wish them luck but sadly they wont get any support from me. Im OUT.

Both of these are historical complaints about the actions of Charlton Athletic's board. Although the membership has changed, if you are still upset, you have an opportunity to join the Charlton fans in protesting against their board on Saturday.

Not appreciating the difference between fans and owners is what led to Falmer for All campaigners being asked the willfully ignorant question "Why should you be allowed a new ground when you had one and sold it?"

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Hello

We are Charlton Card the group who have been running the protests over the past few months at Charlton. The moderators have very kindly allowed us to use the board here to let you know a bit about our plans for this weekend and also request your help.

I'd bloody well love to help but your club have restricted the number of away fans unnecessarily in my view.
You could have sold 2 or 3 times what we were given. I guess large swathes of the home sections will be empty.
It's a great shame your club were unable to show the forward thinking of MK Dons.

Anyway, good luck with the protest.

PM me if you've got a spare ticket - I'll bring my own balloons.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I get where people like Ernest are coming from.

I mean, if a GERMAN needed my help I would REFUSE because of the WAR.

Sure, it was ages ago and a different set of people involved....but STILL.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I don't understand why you didn't give us 10k tickets and make it a big day for both...surely this would have been a great idea from your chairman ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here