Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Charlton Athletic vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Webbo

Apr 16, 2016
Hello guys.
I think it is absolutely splendid that Brighton basically won the World Cup.
If my lot had that kind of claim I would glow forever.
If you are worried about this evening being a banana skin then barring a miracle you have no cause for concern.
The only hope for my Charlton is to block the last third and try to get to penalties.
Against a fine Brighton team we would need a couple of Brighton sending offs to achieve that, you simply need to get on the ball and relax.
It pains me to write this defeatist stuff about my team, however Brighton are a club and fans I personally hold in high regard, so at least this evening you can make our beloved Valley noisy and colourful and remind us of what could be, and I hope you enjoy coming to our home.
I wish we were competing in better circumstances because over the years we have had some excellent games, mostly when under lights funnily enough.
Safe journey guys, hope you get the ticket situation sorted.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Super excited for this one but being 10,000 miles away will be hoping for the streams to be true! Hoping Sarmiento plays as only got a few mins from the bench (plus a full second half) at the WC. Sadly think he'll be bench for us too since wasn't with the lads over the break.

Webbo

Apr 16, 2016
Sarmiento spent nine years at our academy before being snaffled away by Benfica.
We have quite a few go through that experience including your Charlton fan young goalkeeper James Beadle.
Our development system is about all that remains that we can be proud of in a footballing sense here in South East London.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Super excited for this one but being 10,000 miles away will be hoping for the streams to be true! Hoping Sarmiento plays as only got a few mins from the bench (plus a full second half) at the WC. Sadly think he'll be bench for us too since wasn't with the lads over the break.
It's showing on the Supersport (South Africa equivalent to Sky Sports) official TV guide, so it's definitely going to be available to stream: https://timeline.supersport.com/

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hello guys.
I think it is absolutely splendid that Brighton basically won the World Cup.
If my lot had that kind of claim I would glow forever.
If you are worried about this evening being a banana skin then barring a miracle you have no cause for concern.
The only hope for my Charlton is to block the last third and try to get to penalties.
Against a fine Brighton team we would need a couple of Brighton sending offs to achieve that, you simply need to get on the ball and relax.
It pains me to write this defeatist stuff about my team, however Brighton are a club and fans I personally hold in high regard, so at least this evening you can make our beloved Valley noisy and colourful and remind us of what could be, and I hope you enjoy coming to our home.
I wish we were competing in better circumstances because over the years we have had some excellent games, mostly when under lights funnily enough.
Safe journey guys, hope you get the ticket situation sorted.
Stop playing mind games, trying to make us think we've only got to turn up and stroll through 90 minutes to win! :wink:

Hopefully the team we put out won't think that. Didn't know Sarmiento was one of your youth products.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’d guess

Sanchez
Veltman
Dunk
Turns
Estupinan
March
Groß
Caicedo
Sarmiento
Gilmour
Undav

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
No Webster or Welbeck confirmed. Moises and Undav to start (all confirmed by RDZ).

Expecting minutes for Enciso, Sarmiento and Turns.
He didn't quite say that. He said that Caicedo was the most likely to play of the players who had been at the World Cup.

I expect the team will be something like:

Steele

Veltman Dunk Colwill

Gross Gilmour Moran March

Enciso Lallana

Undav

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He didn't quite say that. He said that Caicedo was the most likely to play of the players who had been at the World Cup.

I expect the team will be something like:

Steele

Veltman Dunk Colwill

Gross Gilmour Moran March

Enciso Lallana

Undav
I agree, Caicedo will definitely start

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
it is the kind of game where the team might think all they had to do was turn up and win.
Lord knows how many times we have been there, fingers crossed.
Turing in now.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
it is the kind of game where the team might think all they had to do was turn up and win.
Lord knows how many times we have been there, fingers crossed.
Turing in now.
Could do a job.

_61091323_61091322.jpg

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I'm really looking forward to tonight. RDZ has said he will be looking at Undav (underrated IMO), Sarmiento, Enciso, Colwill and Gilmour.

Without wishing to jinx it, they should all have a chance to shine against a bottom half League One side.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I notice Southampton put out a strong side last night, I heard they were very rusty. We need to do the same, this isn't your usual cup game where we rest lots of players

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I notice Southampton put out a strong side last night, I heard they were very rusty. We need to do the same, this isn't your usual cup game where we rest lots of players
I watched the game via the stream and thought they looked poor for most of the game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here