Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Charlton Athletic vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
We have been really pathetic. It's a recurring theme with our brilliant club imo. We seem to get ideas above our station at times and get too casual or 'earning the right' as the dinosaur pundits may say. We've been loving having so many players at the WC and Ali MAc and we haven't been focused and absolutely pathetic in front and in and around goal.

Then the penalties. I don't want PAscal to take a penatlty for us ever again. I said the same after his palace 'effort'. Why a short stuttered run up? It's shit and doesn't work. f*** off with that Pascal.

Trossard casual little two step run up. Pathetic. Run up and hit it true.

Ferguson. At least he hit it hard. If keeper goes the right way though its a save.

Dunk. Another silly little run up and lucky for it to go in.

And then we have Solly March. What the hell is wrong with him in front of goal? People used to say it was bad luck. It's not. He's cowardly and lacks basic technique/ability at shooting from a player who is technically good at other areas. Leaning back for penalty number 5 with the chance to go through and smashing it miles over the bar. Woeful is kind.

(Didn't see Moises penalty)

Real shame. RDZ needs to absolutely lay into them
Doesn’t RDZ need to be accountable?

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Agree with this. I love Solly but his shooting is awful. I wouldn’t feel confident in him scoring even if they moved the spot forward 6 yards for him.
This is how I feel. He’s a good player but he can’t score. Never should have been put in a position where he had to score…

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Solly is playing as a forward and doesn’t score. This is a problem. I wish Trossard was always “at it” as the winter version is awful.

Gilmour and Undav had a huge chance. Didn’t take it.

I wonder what happens with our front line on Boxing Day. I assume mitoma will start but otherwise it is anyone’s guess.

Poor solly. That made Kane look close.

I hope lamptey gets a chance in the league.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Cowardly?

He just can’t score, in the heat of the moment it’s just not in his locker.
Yeah it's a strong word. Appreciate that. But I think the way he shoots at goal is just that. Kick it hard. He plays like 'it's not in his locker' and has shown no improvements with his shooting in his whole career. It's the opposite of brave. How did RDZ have him taking the 5th one?!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
He’s a massive confidence player solly and that will hurt him.

Lol

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
It pisses me off , i said to my wife Solly would sky it , because i said as much on an earlier thread about his shooting . :facepalm:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeah it's a strong word. Appreciate that. But I think the way he shoots at goal is just that. Kick it hard. He plays like 'it's not in his locker' and has shown no improvements with his shooting in his whole career. It's the opposite of brave. How did RDZ have him taking the 5th one?!
By being brave, perhaps? - and March being brave enough to step up and take it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You can defend Solly for as long as you like but can you name any other player that is worse in front of goal. How can anybody even miss the target from there let alone a pro footballer.
I'm not defending anyone. I'm suggesting that singling one person out when four missed penalties is a bit of a shit take.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
With hindsight, it probably wasn't a great idea asking Mitoma to share Japan's penalty taking secrets with the Albion boys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here