Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Oatway

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Yorkie said:
Nicolas couldn't replace Charlie in any way shape or form.

Absolutely disagree Yorkie, sometimes I wonder if you have considered things before you say them. Nicolas may not be the leader that Oatway is but he is a player of far superior quality. His touch passing and pace are better, and his tackling is different but as good as Charlie's.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Les Biehn said:
Absolutely disagree Yorkie, sometimes I wonder if you have considered things before you say them. Nicolas may not be the leader that Oatway is but he is a player of far superior quality. His touch passing and pace are better, and his tackling is different but as good as Charlie's.

Thoroughly seconded. Nicolas is a different player, but certainly not in any way an inferior one.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Les Biehn said:

I wonder just how much you have seen Nicolas play. I would imagine I have seen far more of him than you have because I've seen the reserve matches that he has played in. If you were there too then I apologise. I don't rate Nicolas as a brilliant midfielder. I would put Reid ahead of him.
Just my opinion like.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Repugnant Toad said:
Thoroughly seconded. Nicolas is a different player, but certainly not in any way an inferior one.

Charlie puts in bone crunchers whereas Nicolas is more stealth like with his tackling, nicking balls and making well timed tackles.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Yorkie said:
I wonder just how much you have seen Nicolas play. I would imagine I have seen far more of him than you have because I've seen the reserve matches that he has played in. If you were there too then I apologise. I don't rate Nicolas as a brilliant midfielder. I would put Reid ahead of him.
Just my opinion like.

I never said he was brilliant, and despite not seeing him for the reserves I did see him a few times at Chelsea (and for the seagulls) and can say we certainly have a player of quality there. Do you think his performances in the reserves may have something to do with his disillusionment at the fact that no matter how well he plays MM won't pick him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here