Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Austin - Any truth in this?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well we do have a record of signing crocked players who would be excellent if they were fit. Problem is that we really struggle to get them fit. Look at how many games Lua Lua has missed over the last few seasons. Vicente? Hoskins? Baldock?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
He will stay till the summer when he is a free agent with a host of clubs lined up for him. I reckon West Ham or Spurs

The local press up here in the North East has reported this week that Newcastle will be making a move for him in this window. Whether he ends up there or at another PL club in the summer is beside the point, which is that he won't be joining us!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
He will stay till the summer when he is a free agent with a host of clubs lined up for him. I reckon West Ham or Spurs

Unless QPR decide to cash in first and get a few million now as they are unlikely to go up (unless they think they will make the play-offs with him there still) rather than lose him for nothing in the summer. If he goes this transfer window, it will only be to a Premier League club

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
No chance, unless Bobby has had a little word in his ear.

You reckon ? He will run his contract down and get a big fat signing on fee ( not to you btw ).

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
He wont want to move anywhere (even if now QPR want rid). Stick it out a few more months at QPR and he's due a huge personal windfall as he's out of contract.

This is my view entirely. For the sake of 4 months is Charlie Boy going to let himself get sold when there's only thousands in it for him. Wait for the summer and his agent will be hawking him around for a few million as a signing on fee.
Feckin Bosman to blame for all this crepe!

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
The local press up here in the North East has reported this week that Newcastle will be making a move for him in this window. Whether he ends up there or at another PL club in the summer is beside the point, which is that he won't be joining us!

I doubt he'll sign for Newcastle, as he won't want to move that far away from his son who lives in Bournemouth.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
All this talk about him running down his contract, it is possible that any clubs interested will be aware of this and perhaps willing to pay him his signing on fee now.
It would probably be reflected in the fee QPR would receive, but £5 million or so now is a hell of as lot better than zilch in the summer

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
The dilemna for us is do we try and cash in now or do we think we need his goals to keep us up? Our form at the moment is so poor I'm tempted to have a wager on us getting involved in a relegation battle. Without Austin's goals we're in trouble!

The Premier League money next season is so much it's probably worth one of those in trouble moving for him and having a relegation release clause that gives them their money back if they go down. Been reported we've said nothing less than £7m.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If he runs down his contract and gets a nasty injury, that's it - no more footballer wages for Charlie.

So a move may be attractive for him.

But not to us. This is fantasy. Will not happen.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I can see him moving in this window.

A big team will struggle for goals and panic.

A lot of players won't be available because of the champions league, QPR will know the likelihood of another season of Championship football and will take something rather than nothing.

I don't for one minute think he'll come to us, but I do see him going to Arsenal, Liverpool possibly even Chelsea.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well we do have a record of signing crocked players who would be excellent if they were fit. Problem is that we really struggle to get them fit. Look at how many games Lua Lua has missed over the last few seasons. Vicente? Hoskins? Baldock?

Doesn't every club has a record of signing players who develop injury problems. That was a lot of the reason we nabbed Vicente in the first place. Not sure we're any worse.
Kayal has been an ever present for the last 12 months yet has had a track record of injuries pre-Albion.

PS: This transfer/Austin twitter account is obviously a load of guff.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
image.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here