Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Channel 5 to show FL highlights next season; Saturday nights at 9pm

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
This thread does the show a real disservice. It wasn't that bad, and better than the BBC offering. The non-linear approach, with features thrown in, made it much more interesting than the tired BBC offering. They didn't help themselves by involving Virgo and that orient manager much too heavily, both of whom were awful. Presumably they can cut down on that in future.

They don't have claridge, which is great. And Kelly is AMAZING. All in all, not a bad effort.

Really? Really?! Are you sure you're not really Viacom in disguise?!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This thread does the show a real disservice. It wasn't that bad, and better than the BBC offering. The non-linear approach, with features thrown in, made it much more interesting than the tired BBC offering. They didn't help themselves by involving Virgo and that orient manager much too heavily, both of whom were awful. Presumably they can cut down on that in future.

They don't have claridge, which is great. And Kelly is AMAZING. All in all, not a bad effort.

I think you are in a tiny, tiny minority. The non-linear approach was just a mess, blatantly contrived to keep fans of Championship clubs hanging around through all the ads until the bitter end to catch their teams goals. The studio chat over some of the goal highlights (as opposed to commentary) was without exception utter drivel. And features thrown in ? What features ? There was certainly nothing even close to Clem and his behind-the-scenes weekly feature on the FLS, which was (for me) one of the highlights of the show.

And what is "amazing" about Kelly ? Not the worst thing about it I suppose, but christ up a stick that's not saying much.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What drives me ****ing MAD now with live shows are their DESPERATION for "viewer involvement".

It's horrendous.

"dave supports Brighton who won today. He says 'brighton are great'.

"mike supports forest. He says 'forest need to improve".

Thanks for all your tweets using the hashtag #pointlessshitanalysis.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Wow :facepalm:

Just wow - can't think of anything else to say.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
About what I expected from Channel 5; utter sh1te. Switched it off before it was finished. A completely unnecessary studio audience (which I've always hated in football shows - they only work on something like Fantasy Football where it's supposed to be funny), and Virgs, bless him, about as wooden as on old-fashioned clothes peg.

Sky's hour-long round-up of all the goals this afternoon was much more like it. I'll stick to that from now on, and can only pity the non-Sky subscribers who are forced to watch that crap.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

What the **** were you watching!!? :facepalm::wozza:

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Oddly enough I've just watched the first half hour, nowhere nearly as bad as is made out on here and the Facebook page - if they sort out the order and bin off the crowd participation it should be fine

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I think you are in a tiny, tiny minority. The non-linear approach was just a mess, blatantly contrived to keep fans of Championship clubs hanging around through all the ads until the bitter end to catch their teams goals. The studio chat over some of the goal highlights (as opposed to commentary) was without exception utter drivel. And features thrown in ? What features ? There was certainly nothing even close to Clem and his behind-the-scenes weekly feature on the FLS, which was (for me) one of the highlights of the show.

And what is "amazing" about Kelly ? Not the worst thing about it I suppose, but christ up a stick that's not saying much.
Yeah, I'd forgotten about Clem's piece, which was always rather good.

'Features' might be a stretch, but doing things like grouping together promoted teams, or the ones managed by ex-England internationals.

Yes, studio chat was terrible, but I think they can learn from that.

Studio audience was welcome, al la Top Gear. Just need to work out how to use it.

I find Kelly a most alluring figure.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just watched this myself tonight - What an absolute shambles. Car crash TV if ever there was. 90 min programme 23mins of football highlights, 6 ad breaks, and more drivel spoken than I can manage after a few pints - and that takes some doing.

Stop talking during the highlights and put the divisions in sequence. It's surely not that difficult. If they don't make some early changes by next week then I just won't bother with it in future.

Have done a few internet searches tonight and there are literally thousands of other complaints of this nature all over the net. Surely Ch5 have got to listen?

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean

How much have you had to drink?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
image.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oddly enough I've just watched the first half hour, nowhere nearly as bad as is made out on here and the Facebook page - if they sort out the order and bin off the crowd participation it should be fine

.........and the set. Don't forget the awful set. Needs to be binned and re-designed straightaway.

Although to be fair (which does admittedly take a bit of doing) they did mention Brighton in a positive light more than the Football League Show managed in however many years it ran! Probably just a facile attempt to get good ratings on NSC though .........

Wrappo

Feb 2, 2012
Worthing
I watched it and was disappointed with the format and the comments. The filming is too distant and is not up to the standard of the BBC version. Timing is better but catching up on tv is not difficult.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Can't remember ever watching a more disappointing piece of television (don't watch much though). Settling down in armchair to catch up and after 15 secs thinking "what the **** is this ?" and pretty much conceding that i'm not gonna bother for rest of season. Awful.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
.........and the set. Don't forget the awful set. Needs to be binned and re-designed straightaway.

Although to be fair (which does admittedly take a bit of doing) they did mention Brighton in a positive light more than the Football League Show managed in however many years it ran! Probably just a facile attempt to get good ratings on NSC though .........

This. Top Gear gone wrong for me, too much moving about.

Wasted Virgo's undoubted analysis expertise with inane questions.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Can only assume you were drinking for 24 hours after the Forest win. It was absolutely abysmal. And one half-fit presenter doesn't make up for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here