Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Channel 4 NOW

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
If you have the nerve and want a ticket badly enough be prepared to queue outside the venue on the night of a gig until literally performance time. It's a gamble but last week I was at the O2 seeing a film with a friend and saw that Snow Patrol were playing that evening. We came out of the cinema and asked a tout how much tickets were going for only to be told £60 each. We went and had a coffee and at 8.50pm (10 mins before they were due on stage) we bought 2 tickets for £10 each from the same tout. He needed to shift what looked like 20 or 30 he had and at the last minute was practically giving them away.

I did this for the Foo Fighters gig last year at Milton Keynes and bought a ticket for £15 at the last minute. The last few gigs in Brighton I have been to see have not cost me anymore than £15 as the touts don't want to be left at the last minute with unsold tickets. Yes you miss the support and the chance to buy a pint at the bar for £4 but if you are in town and are willing to take a chance it can work.

Nice if you can hold off certainly - In 2008, we tried to buy tix for a big (play off?) game watching Vancouver Canucks, and even 20 mins into the game, the skelpers still wanted $200 for a pair of tickets :(

Amahwrang

I usually am
Feb 2, 2011
Glasgow
More generally I'm a free market kind of guy. If you've got property you should be allowed to sell it for any price the market can bear.
Except of course if you came about the property by illegal or underhanded means.......as long as everyone has a fair chance to obtain the "property" in the first place then yes by all means sell it for what the market will bear. But this is nothing short of insider dealing and that of course is illegal!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Anyone who was appalled by the practices exposed on last night's programme, should support Sharon Hodgson's Private Members Bill - Sharon Hodgson MP | | Ticket Touting Private Members' Bill | IWC2

From the link...

"The Bill aims to tackle the problem of ticket touting for popular live entertainment events, such as gigs and sports games, by allowing event organisers to prevent their tickets being resold by unauthorised retailers for a price greater than 10% above the ticket's face value.

just an observation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here