Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chance of Gus being sacked before the end of today

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Maybe he hasnt been racist but he is saying it is okay to be racist as it happens all over the world and we should just accept it like Sepp Blatter.

And that single comment just about sums up everything that's been written on the subject over the last day. I can see exactly how we've come from Gus saying something in defence of his friend to claims that he said we should all accept racism. That's how it works when a bandwagon starts rolling and nobody can find the brakes. I expect next he'll get a letter from the Klan asking him to setup a UK chapter.

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
Much as I admire Poyet as a coach, and much as I think the current hysteria over alleged racist (more specifically colour prejudice) comments is overblown PC bullshi t I think Poyet might struggle to explain away this particular comment as reported on BBC.

"You are not racist when you go against one, but you are if you go against the whole world of different colour and nationalities. That is being racist, not saying one word in one moment," he added.

I think he was trying to say, if you call a white guy a name, it might go down as harmless banter, whereas if you called a black guy the same name, it might go down as racism. About the 'whole world of different colour' bit, I think he meant if you called every black person on the planet said name, that would be racism

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
I think he was trying to say, if you call a white guy a name, it might go down as harmless banter, whereas if you called a black guy the same name, it might go down as racism. About the 'whole world of different colour' bit, I think he meant if you called every black person on the planet said name, that would be racism

Well thats a reasonable interpretation, personally I hope there is no witch hunt against him, as others have said he is trying to stand up in defence of a friend and im not sure tact has ever been one of Gus's strong points :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In response to the OP, there is more chance of me appearing on IACGMOOH tonight to do as I please with Jessicas breasts.

Will that be on the ITV2 thing afterwards ?

I, for one, would pay a hefty subscription to view that.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Will that be on the ITV2 thing afterwards ?

I, for one, would pay a hefty subscription to view that.

Yeah, it's a special challenge, whereby I have to start my finding Ant and Dec who are hiding in her cleavage, and once I've led them to safety, I get 5 minutes to do as I please.

:love:

When I heard what he said I nearly drove off the road. I agree that Gus needs to be careful as in this country there is a massive hang up over racism, sexism, homophobia, ageism and so on. I could not believe it when he said certain people should stop crying like babies. it might be the done thing in Uruguay to call people with big noses "Big nose", fat people "Fattie" or black people "Negro", but in this green and pleasant land we call home, Gus might be in for a big shock. On the other hand, well done Gus for having the guts to stand up and say what the majority of people in this country feel.

When I heard what he said I nearly drove off the road. I agree that Gus needs to be careful as in this country there is a massive hang up over racism, sexism, homophobia, ageism and so on. I could not believe it when he said certain people should stop crying like babies. it might be the done thing in Uruguay to call people with big noses "Big nose", fat people "Fattie" or black people "Negro", but in this green and pleasant land we call home, Gus might be in for a big shock.
That is the point that Gus was making.

Gus isn't in for a big shock, though. He understands English culture. He was saying that Suarez doesn't. Yet.

The problem that a lot of people have, particularly those who want to condemn Gus, is that they don't have a clue about how the nuances of a language are tied in with the culture of the society that surrounds everyone who speaks it. Gus understands this. He's lived in "foreign" countries and paid attention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here