Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Steve Cotterill is a ****ing idiot.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Frustrating that Newcastle and Hudds win but Leeds and Reading dropping points cuts them back a bit, it would be good to the point when we are trimming back those that can catch us game by game.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The fact that Huddersfield won away is a slight concern. They are great at home and we don't want them to win away too much.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Championship form table tells all about Newcastle’s recent ‘disastrous’ run…

Screenshot_20170211-195302.png

http://www.themag.co.uk/2017/02/cha...lbion-leeds-united-reading-huddersfield-town/

With all the doom and gloom you might be just a little surprised to see where Newcastle stand in the Championship form table...

If you asked any Newcastle fans how the club have done recently, I’m guessing the vast majority wouldn’t place NUFC very highly in the Championship form table.

The table above shows all 24 clubs’ form going back to the end of December.

In that time period we have seen the defeat at lowly Blackburn, throwing away two points against QPR and away from the on the pitch action, we also had the ‘bonus’ of being the only promotion chasing club not to bring in a single signing in the entire January transfer window.

No wonder so many Toon fans are so depressed…

However, sometimes a little perspective is needed.

If you look above, you will see the Championship form table showing Brighton in 7th, Reading in 5th, Leeds 4th, Huddersfield 3rd and Newcastle…top!

Yes, Newcastle have done better than all 23 other Championship clubs, including their four serious promotion rivals.

In these last half a dozen matches, Jonjo Shelvey missed the first three of them, whilst Dwight Gayle missed the last three and only played 28 minutes of the Brentford one before injury forced him off.

Newcastle’s last six results listed with the latest result first;

Newcastle 1 Derby o

Newcastle 2 QPR 2

Newcastle 4 Rotherham 0

Brentford 1 Newcastle 2

Blackburn 0 Newcastle 0

Newcastle 3 Forest 1

Championship form table tells all about Newcastle’s recent ‘disastrous’ run…
With all the doom and gloom you might be just a little surprised to see where Newcastle stand in the Championship form table...

If you asked any Newcastle fans how the club have done recently, I’m guessing the vast majority wouldn’t place NUFC very highly in the Championship form table.

The table above shows all 24 clubs’ form going back to the end of December.

In that time period we have seen the defeat at lowly Blackburn, throwing away two points against QPR and away from the on the pitch action, we also had the ‘bonus’ of being the only promotion chasing club not to bring in a single signing in the entire January transfer window.

No wonder so many Toon fans are so depressed…

However, sometimes a little perspective is needed.

If you look below, you will see the Championship form table showing Brighton in 7th, Reading in 5th, Leeds 4th, Huddersfield 3rd and Newcastle…top!

Yes, Newcastle have done better than all 23 other Championship clubs, including their four serious promotion rivals.

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The fact that Huddersfield won away is a slight concern. They are great at home and we don't want them to win away too much.
I'm goner right off Leeds and reading because Leeds have 10 points to claw back and we have a game in hand.Reading have many tough games coming up although if we lose to them it will become twitchy but don't think they will.

Huddersfield by far the biggest threat and could go down to the wire this 3 way battle....I know things change but don't see reading or Leeds winning 10 or so games from the last 15:thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wagner:

"We have to be honest; we were not at our best and I think we were lucky today.
QPR were very good. They were very aggressive, created on the wings and our keeper Danny Ward was by miles the best player on the pitch, which I think says everything.
We got three lucky points"

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Wagner:

QPR were very good. They were very aggressive, created on the wings and our keeper Danny Ward was by miles the best player on the pitch, which I think says everything.
I'm sure we've done that a few times this season :)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm goner right off Leeds and reading because Leeds have 10 points to claw back and we have a game in hand.Reading have many tough games coming up although if we lose to them it will become twitchy but don't think they will.

Huddersfield by far the biggest threat and could go down to the wire this 3 way battle....I know things change but don't see reading or Leeds winning 10 or so games from the last 15:thumbsup:

This, and the most worrying factor is Huddersfield have the far easier run in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This, and the most worrying factor is Huddersfield have the far easier run in.
Like us they have Reading and Newcastle on the horizon.

If they Albion can better their aggregate results over those 2 games everything will look very different.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wagner:

Did he really say "miles"? I would have expected him to say "kilometres"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here