[Albion] Champions League final group fixtures

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
I'll have a go then ...

Group A: 3. Man Utd (FCK will win and FC Bayern will play the bench and loose)
Group B: 3. Sevilla (Surely Sevilla will get the away win needed?)
Group C: 3. Braga (This one is a bit tricky...)
Group D: 3. RB Salzburg (Avoid defeat and they will be third)
Group E: 3. Feyenoord (Already through to EL)
Group F: 3. PSG (A Toon win and a draw at Iduna will kick down PSG to third I reckon?)
Group G: 3. Young Boys (Already through to EL)
Group H: 3. Shakhtar (A draw will be enough for Porto against Shakhtar)

That's it!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If we finish 2nd, is it 100% guaranteed that we'll be home for the play off 2nd leg?

No the opposite I think. Away 2nd leg. Which in some ways may suit us if you look at our Euro away results/performances so far.
If we finish 2nd we will be home in the second leg of the play off round.

If we win that game we’d be home in the first leg of the last 16 game.

If we win the group we will be away second leg of the last 16 game.

Doug-ees-evil

Nov 18, 2011
If we finish 2nd we will be home in the second leg of the play off round.

If we win that game we’d be home in the first leg of the last 16 game.

If we win the group we will be away second leg of the last 16 game.
Ah... my apologies. Cheers for clearing that up. So winning the group is still by far the best outcome on Thursday. Huge game.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
As someone working in education I've got my eye on second place and an away trip during Feb half term. I can't be the only one...

Am off to the Olympiastadion tonight to watch Union Berlin v Real Madrid.

After coming close to getting a draw in the reverse fixture and coming off a first win since August at the weekend vs Mochengladbach, the hope is Madrid put out a weakened side with 1st place sewn up, we sneak a win, Napoli do the business v Braga and Union scrape 3rd place to get into the Europa play-offs.

It's a long shot, but stranger things have happened! Also would imagine in that scenario, they'd play any Europa knockout games back at their own home of Alte Försterei rather than at Hertha's ground.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Copenhagen. Hamburg. Berlin. My head is struggling to deal with the prospect of heading back to some of my favourite places on the planet. To watch us playing there.

Ahem. Must calm down, not count chickens etc. But…bloody hell.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It's a long shot, but stranger things have happened! Also would imagine in that scenario, they'd play any Europa knockout games back at their own home of Alte Försterei rather than at Hertha's ground.
Union Berlin played last seasons Europa League fixtures at their own ground so I can't see any reason it wouldn't happen if they got through. Although interestingly they could have played the CL games at Alte Forsterei this season, however they chose to move the games to maximise ticket sales.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
8 changes for Arsenal... resting all their players for the "big one" at the weekend.
Mind you, we'll probably make 8 changes as well!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports