• Burn

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • White

Votes: 28 31.8%

• Total voters

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I imagine Ben White is very upset at having to come back, he had a nailed on starting place at Dirty Leeds.

In time he’ll accept that increased competition is inevitable when comparing life at an established premier league side, with a has-been club with a big mouth.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Thank you. These compilations make players look like world beaters, don’t they. I’m still reserving judgement until I’ve seen him play.

I agree but dont the opposition look static compared to The Premier league?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

That is also my reservation. Clearly he can only play what is in front of him but the step up in quality to the PL is immense. We have all seen some of our players who ripped the Championship apart struggle a little after promotion (Knockaert springs to mind). I’m not being negative about our exciting young prospect and hope he gets himself into the team pretty quickly.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
In time he’ll accept that increased competition is inevitable when comparing life at an established premier league side, with a has-been club with a big mouth.

Hmmm call Leeds a has been club at your peril, I've a feeling that under Bielsa they could do quite well next season. As for calling us established, we have managed three seasons in the top flight now, and each one has been a struggle. Far from convinced that next season will be any different.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Hmmm call Leeds a has been club at your peril, I've a feeling that under Bielsa they could do quite well next season. As for calling us established, we have managed three seasons in the top flight now, and each one has been a struggle. Far from convinced that next season will be any different.

I might have been using a little bit of poetic licence with that post.
But we are a club on the up. Our training facilities are attracting quality young players. Ben White will be one of a number of success stories for the academy. I’m more optimistic for next season because some of our key signings From the past couple of years have now bedded in.
This was always a transitional season. Staying up was paramount and will be a sliding doors moment for the club.
The attitude of Leeds fans is a joke. Not disputing their history, but they’ve been out of the premier league for ages. Their squad is.....okay. They could do a Sheffield United (doubt it)...or perhaps a Villa. I doubt they will finish above us unless they spend £60m.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne

Yep. Just watched the video and was thinking that for many of those he'd never have got away with this or that in the PL. The gulf in class is huge. Look at Naarch... they tore the Championship a new arse last season, then they're the PL whipping boys the next.

Player/Case in point is AK. Player of the season in the Championship - he was electric and put the fear of god into his opponents running at them.. Next season he was made to look bang average on many occasions by PL defenders.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I might have been using a little bit of poetic licence with that post.
But we are a club on the up. Our training facilities are attracting quality young players. Ben White will be one of a number of success stories for the academy. I’m more optimistic for next season because some of our key signings From the past couple of years have now bedded in.
This was always a transitional season. Staying up was paramount and will be a sliding doors moment for the club.
The attitude of Leeds fans is a joke. Not disputing their history, but they’ve been out of the premier league for ages. Their squad is.....okay. They could do a Sheffield United (doubt it)...or perhaps a Villa. I doubt they will finish above us unless they spend £60m.

Unfortunately, far too many fans live in the past in this regard. Leeds, Aston ‘we’re too big to go down’ Villa are prime examples of this. Some people are obsessed with the notion of being a ‘big’ club and act as if they have a right to be in the top league after spending the best part of two decades outside it - it is arrogance in the extreme. Thankfully, maybe because of our own history, our fans don’t seem to be as deluded. We are where we are on merit not because we think we have a god given right to be.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
White and Webster. Have it as a back 3 though

It took the first response to get to the correct answer.
Three cracking English CBs playing together, all great on the ball, two rapid, and the other has been one of the top defenders in the PL for three seasons now.
And then factor in Lamptey down one side, Bernardo or AN other down the other. A back three would free up Bissouma and Alzate to do their stuff. And then further ahead, one or two quality signings, Maupay, Trossard and Mac Allister, with Connolly in reserve. Propper, Mooy, Gross, Stephens also staking their case for a place.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
So possible best 11 next season could be:-
...............................................Ryan............................................
..................Webster............... White................. Dunk ................
Lamptey............................................................................March
..........................Alzate....................Bissouma............................
........Trossard...................Maupay............................Mac...........

Subs: Walton, Burn, Bernardo, Propper, Mooy, Murray, Connolly

Thats with no new signings and I would think we would surely be after another forward, a left sided defender and maybe another central midfielder.

Yup. My thoughts exactly.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
If we're going 4-4-2, then Webster is in pole position. I wondered if he was up to it earlier in the season, with his bad errors against Chelsea and Leicester leading to penalties, but he has improved steadily, and has probably been our most impressive player since the restart. The good thing, though, is that if White isn't sold and comes in as a defensive central midfielder (though he has done fairly well since the restart, I think we do need an upgrade on Stephens), and we go 5-3-2, he could easily slot into the back line. However, that probably means we need a new left back. Burn is okay there in a 4-4-2, but I'm not sure he would work as a wing back.

Saying that, though, given the number of yellow cards Dunk gets, it's very likely that Webster and White would end up playing together in a back four.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here