• White

Votes: 28 31.8%

• Total voters

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
3 x CB. Poll doesn't work.
Who would you pick in a two man system though?
Webster has been picked mostly this season, the question is would you consider Burn, Duffy or White above him in the pecking order? Its mainly to show has Webster done enough this season to make him 1st choice alongside Dunk, I believe he has and White would have to bide his time to replace him. What do we know anyway Potter will be thinking on a tangent from a back 3 let alone a back 2..:lolol:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Agreed but I would NOT rule out Dan Burn continuing to be the left back.

I just feel that with 3 at the back we'll need someone with more pace who's a greater attacking threat down the left, same as Lamptey is on the right. I like Burn and Bernardo, but think we will get someone in who's a step up. I think Burn will be a great player to have in the squad as he'll be able to cover several players, and perhaps line up against certain teams. I'm surprised Bernardo hasn't got more game time and shown what he can do under Potter. He hasn't had much of a chance I suppose and looks a little rusty when he has been given opportunities.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9425432 said:
It's almost certainly gonna be a back 5 next season:

................... Webster .... White .... Dunk .................
Lamptey ..................................................... New LB

But mainly it been

RB Webster Dunk Burn.

I dont think that will change that much with Tariq cementing his place. White as back up or possibly 3 CBs for the occasional game.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Webster and Dunk at the back with White in the centre to move into the midfield when attacking and dropping back to make a back 3/ 5 when defending. We could seamlessly switch between 4-3-3 to 5-2-3 very nicely with a player of White’s versatility.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Both Webster and White play on the right as does Duffy so that bodes well for Dunk playing on the left of 3.

But I'd be troubled by White or Webster playing in the middle as that really ought to be where Dunk is, for starters at least.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9425462 said:
I just feel that with 3 at the back we'll need someone with more pace who's a greater attacking threat down the left, same as Lamptey is on the right. I like Burn and Bernardo, but think we will get someone in who's a step up. I think Burn will be a great player to have in the squad as he'll be able to cover several players, and perhaps line up against certain teams. I'm surprised Bernardo hasn't got more game time and shown what he can do under Potter. He hasn't had much of a chance I suppose and looks a little rusty when he has been given opportunities.

I agree a new left back would be nice. Not sure how I feel about Bernardo, not particularly impressed with him even if you can see he got potential. Love Dan Burn, he is not that useful in attack though which would be more of a requirement when playing 3 cbs. That said, there's not a whole lot of tasty left backs on the market, plenty of teams struggle to find a good one.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Webster. The adjustment in quality between the championship and this league, particularly for defenders is really tough, as Webster himself found out after being the best defender in the championship la at year. White has had a fantastic season, but don’t get carried away on hype, he’s young and unproven.

That being said I like it when we play 3 at the back and press as we did against Southampton, but fitness meant we couldn’t sustain it.

Adam Webster has had an ok season, but fantastiic? I think not.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
So possible best 11 next season could be:-
...............................................Ryan............................................
..................Webster............... White................. Dunk ................
Lamptey............................................................................March
..........................Alzate....................Bissouma............................
........Trossard...................Maupay............................Mac...........

Subs: Walton, Burn, Bernardo, Propper, Mooy, Murray, Connolly

Thats with no new signings and I would think we would surely be after another forward, a left sided defender and maybe another central midfielder.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I agree a new left back would be nice. Not sure how I feel about Bernardo, not particularly impressed with him even if you can see he got potential. Love Dan Burn, he is not that useful in attack though which would be more of a requirement when playing 3 cbs. That said, there's not a whole lot of tasty left backs on the market, plenty of teams struggle to find a good one.

Indeed, we haven't really had a good left back since Wayne Bridge, and Stephen Ward, anf they were only on loan.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd agree not fantastic all season, but steadily and constantly improving from the first game to the point now where he is really looking good.

You'd think that would be enough...

... and yet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone who voted White in front of Webster has not been paying attention this season imo

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Indeed, we haven't really had a good left back since Wayne Bridge, and Stephen Ward, anf they were only on loan.

Cant think of anyone particular (among the realistic choices) that I would like to see in Brighton atm, while I could mention a few tasty names in other positions. Old Potter adept Ken Sema have been doing fairly well in that position in Udinese though and don't think Watford wants to keep him. Wouldnt mind him if the price was right.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Anyone who voted White in front of Webster has not been paying attention this season imo

Well if White can do what Webster did this season and go from being one of the best defenders in the championship, ignore the stupid comments that will come the moment he makes a mistake in his first few games in the Premier League, and grow and learn over the course of his first season in the Premier like Webster has.

We could have an incredibly good back 3 :thumbsup:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Adam Webster has had an ok season, but fantastiic? I think not.

Absolutely this. Webster has been at fault for a lot of goals despite people thinking otherwise.Fantastic he hasn't been, that's just nonsense . He divides opinion and for me the jury is still out on him. I would certainly start him ahead of White though for the time being. It's his debut season so that should certainly be taken into account.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well if White can do what Webster did this season and go from being one of the best defenders in the championship, ignore the stupid comments that will come the moment he makes a mistake in his first few games in the Premier League, and grow and learn over the course of his first season in the Premier like Webster did.

We could have an incredibly good back 3 :thumbsup:

Exactly but he will need to be eased in and not chucked in the deep end. He may well be better than Webster long term, but let’s see how it pans out

One of the reasons he’d be better off at the Albion imo, at Leeds he’d be straight in the deep end

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Firstly, we can't rule out that we'll get bids for Dunk. I very much hope he stays, but if he gets a shot at a dream move, I think we rinse the buyer for a transfer fee and wish him well. He would deserve it.

Secondly I agree with those saying that White has to earn his place. Webby has had an up and down first season, but he's done enough to start next season as the man in possession. White v Webster for one defensive berth is the sort of ferocious competition for places we need to get up the table.

I also agree there are permutations. We look like a wing back type team. Lamptey and Solly on either side. Alzate looked good at LWB. I don't see the Bernardo is done necessarily either. We could of course also experiment with White in Stephens position.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'd agree not fantastic all season, but steadily and constantly improving from the first game to the point now where he is really looking good.

He was good against Southampton. Don't remember him being particularly impressive in any other game since the restart and he's made a fair few errors

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here