Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Category A prices for Arsenal FA Cup 4th round...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
But a comparable league game at that price IS taking the piss TOO. Football is over priced and that is because of greedy players. Fine for those that wish to pay it, it's their choice but professional football matches in this country ARE over priced and yet Spain and Germany can keep the prices down.

Just out of interest, at what price point do you think it would be taking the piss to charge for ninety or so minutes of watching overpaid footballers kick a ball around ?
Give it a rest mate. We all know football in this country is expensive. Everyone knew it was going to be FULL priced yet you still whinge about it for the sake of it. It hardly came as a shock did it? I will bite the bullet and pay top dollar for it because it's a one off game against a top side. These fixtures don't round often. It's your choice if you go or not but stop crying about prices. It was expected.

Last edited:

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Quick question.
If arsenal were to by a stellar signing this January, would they allowed to play or would they be cup tied ?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Like it or not, this is the going rate these days for a (very rare) match against one of the biggest football clubs in Europe. We don't get the chance to see the Albion against this calibre of opposition very often, so of course its going to be Cat A pricing. If your wider view is that football in general has become too expensive for the average punter then I don't think many would argue. But the club have kept to their pre-defined category pricing (when usually the biggest Cat A game we'd see is junk like Leeds), so as far as I'm concerned its a case of take it or leave it. Shit the bed, I paid £36 for Ipswich away last season. I paid £30 for Fulham last week, and it was probably the best £30 I spent in 2014 - PLUS I was paying train fares and £5 a pint in Putney. So £36 for my WSU seat (+1.50 or whatever) when it includes travel, to see us play Arsenal...absolute no brainer.

These are the special games that come along, the memorable ones. Have a grizzle about it all you like, but I certainly wouldn't swap my place in the WSU, for your place whinging into your pint about ticket prices whilst sat on a barstool in front of BT Sport, probably blowing the thick end of £20 on some fizzy yellow piss for the pleasure.

I completely agree, yes football is too expensive but of course this would be Cat A. However, why Reading on Boxing day was Cat A is beyond me. Crazy! I paid £42 for my brother in law to come with me. only 1200 Reading fans turned up, if the police decide the category, then why the police get to set the price is also beyond me. Category should be determined on attendances not on who is geographically closest to Brighton.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Like it or not, this is the going rate these days for a (very rare) match against one of the biggest football clubs in Europe. We don't get the chance to see the Albion against this calibre of opposition very often, so of course its going to be Cat A pricing. If your wider view is that football in general has become too expensive for the average punter then I don't think many would argue. But the club have kept to their pre-defined category pricing (when usually the biggest Cat A game we'd see is junk like Leeds), so as far as I'm concerned its a case of take it or leave it. Shit the bed, I paid £36 for Ipswich away last season. I paid £30 for Fulham last week, and it was probably the best £30 I spent in 2014 - PLUS I was paying train fares and £5 a pint in Putney. So £36 for my WSU seat (+1.50 or whatever) when it includes travel, to see us play Arsenal...absolute no brainer.

These are the special games that come along, the memorable ones. Have a grizzle about it all you like, but I certainly wouldn't swap my place in the WSU, for your place whinging into your pint about ticket prices whilst sat on a barstool in front of BT Sport, probably blowing the thick end of £20 on some fizzy yellow piss for the pleasure.
You are on top form since the new year fella. I want to see this printed off and distributed to everyone who is on Albion's database and Barber can happy sign it off as his own work. Great stuff

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Only if that player had played in the FA Cup for another team this season.

Good , good, so when they buy someone from real madrid or baca , a sanchez type calabra, we will get to se bruno put him on his arse and say welcome to english football you pampered galactio :drink:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
As someone who works Saturdays, it isn't the lure of Arsenal that means I badly want to go - it's the fact it's a Sunday. I'd have happily taken my daughter to see Rotherham for a day at the Albion together, we just haven't had any Sundays of late or any looming in the league. So it's into the mad scramble for two tickets and top dollar, but as a one-off it would be well worth it.

But I'm another one who thinks those prices for a Championship matchday are absolutely ludicrous, and more unforgiveable than for this tie.

Yet you admitted to betting a £100 on Brighton to beat Brentford recently and yet you think prices are ludicrous?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Good , good, so when they buy someone from real madrid or baca , a sanchez type calabra, we will get to se bruno put him on his arse and say welcome to english football you pampered galactio :drink:

That's if you believe they will be buying a player from Real Madrid in January, more likely to end up buying a bunch of french 16 year olds.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I completely agree, yes football is too expensive but of course this would be Cat A. However, why Reading on Boxing day was Cat A is beyond me. Crazy! I paid £42 for my brother in law to come with me. only 1200 Reading fans turned up, if the police decide the category, then why the police get to set the price is also beyond me. Category should be determined on attendances not on who is geographically closest to Brighton.

Well, I'm a STH so I don't pay much attention to the categories, I didn't know Reading was a Cat A. I fear its probably nothing to do with the opposition or the meagre number of travelling fans. Probably more to do with the club having to pay top whack for staffing and policing because of it being a Boxing Day game.

You are on top form since the new year fella. I want to see this printed off and distributed to everyone who is on Albion's database and Barber can happy sign it off as his own work. Great stuff

:lolol:
Cheers chap. I think I'd need about another 8 paragraphs for it to be a proper BARBERISM though

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Well, I'm a STH so I don't pay much attention to the categories, I didn't know Reading was a Cat A. I fear its probably nothing to do with the opposition or the meagre number of travelling fans. Probably more to do with the club having to pay top whack for staffing and policing because of it being a Boxing Day game.

:lolol:
Cheers chap. I think I'd need about another 8 paragraphs for it to be a proper BARBERISM though

So Huddersfield on Boxing day would have been Cat A too? I doubt it.
I heard the police decide the Categories and I find that daft.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Anyone moaning about our pricing needs to grow a pair and man up or SAVE up.

I have no issue with the club milking the golden teat for this one. We are spoiled rotten with season ticket prices including travel etc.

The vast majority complaining need to get a grip. Go and watch Ipswich and pay £45. Then you can moan.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Anyone moaning about our pricing needs to grow a pair and man up or SAVE up.

I have no issue with the club milking the golden teat for this one. We are spoiled rotten with season ticket prices including travel etc.

The vast majority complaining need to get a grip. Go and watch Ipswich and pay £45. Then you can moan.

No, the point is we play Arsenal or the equivalent once in a blue moon, the point is the clubs match by match prices are too high. £42 to watch us V Reading on Boxing day, is that worthy of a moan?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
No, the point is we play Arsenal or the equivalent once in a blue moon, the point is the clubs match by match prices are too high. £42 to watch us V Reading on Boxing day, is that worthy of a moan?

Except people dont have to pay £42, tickets are available at £32......which nonetheless is still expensive - but it isnt £42.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Im happy to pay that... If iv got the money that is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here