Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catch the train

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I left on 83 mins, because getting home is a nightmare. I will continue to leave early until the transport arrangments are improved.

Funny you should say that because I left on the final whistle to a half empty queue and was on the first train that pulled in.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Joke ... I've been supporting this team for 30 years am a STH and go to as many away games as I can afford to. I left on 83 minutes as I was pisssed off and had better things to do than watch that garbage. I'll be going to Ipswich along with 6 or 700 other "plastics" hoping that things improve.

Well said buddy

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I left on 83 mins, because getting home is a nightmare. I will continue to leave early until the transport arrangments are improved.

What transport improvements would you recommend ?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
the people who leave early and then moan that its because otherwise they'd have to wait in a queue to get home seem a little naive... its a football match with nearly 30,000 people attending. the club are not going to provide you with a private taxi waiting outside the ground to take you home, so of course you're going to have to wait for a train or bus. Yes there are slight improvements to the travel plans which the club are working on... but i am a STH who always waits til the final whistle before leaving, and have never had to wait more than 15 minutes in the queue for a train or bus... 15 minutes isn't exactly a lifetime.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I left after 85 mins, couldn't watch that shit any more.
Mass exodus says as much as booing the team off......hopefully Gus got the message.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
I have to leave on 85 min for a night game cause I have to travel back by train to Norfolk, connections are so tight I could miss the last train out of London. It pisses me of nosey f**kers who don't mind their own business and realise some people have no option. I buy my season ticket knowing i will have to miss part of some games, this does not make me any less of a fan!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I have to leave on 85 min for a night game cause I have to travel back by train to Norfolk, connections are so tight I could miss the last train out of London. It pisses me of nosey f**kers who don't mind their own business and realise some people have no option. I buy my season ticket knowing i will have to miss part of some games, this does not make me any less of a fan!

I have absolutely no problem with people leaving early, they pay their money, they can do whatever they like. Out of interest, would you have stayed if we were 7-0 up, or drawing ?

D

Deleted member 2719

I wished some of those rowdy Northstanders would come and join us up top because as hard as they try there doesn't appear to enough of them to create a constant noise.

Come on lads and lasses WSU b and c blocks (South end) need yer and perhaps a few of our library lads can take your places in the North.

genre b. good

Oct 22, 2012
I don't really mind people leaving early, either cause the game is shit or for transport issues (although I think most people seem to massively overstate the problems, I've never had to wait for particularly long, 15 mins maybe?). It happens at every ground in the country except if it is set for a tense finale anyway.

I think it is a bit embarrassing that people literally sprint for the train, weaving in and out of other fans, to get to the front of the queue or whatever and 99+% of the time get on the same train as the people they push past anyway. Probably the same sort of people who push onto the train first to get a seat and then think it makes sense for them to get off before the people who have stood in the aisle for the whole journey. No-one else seems to bat an eyelid at that though, so probably I'm alone on that issue.

D

Deleted member 2719

Stayed to the end just to clap Bridcutt off the lad deserved it,i feel for him at the moment, at one point he shouted so loud in frustration ( i think it was at our defence) we could hear it in the WSU.

I love passion and skill and that lad has both.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
I have absolutely no problem with people leaving early, they pay their money, they can do whatever they like. Out of interest, would you have stayed if we were 7-0 up, or drawing ?

If its not a night game I stay to the final whistle, it's the 7.45pm games where I have no option, plus I have an hours drive from the train station, My point is You don't know why people have to leave,mind you I missed the winner against Peterborough and 2 fans on the train said they were pissed off then got off at London Rd, so there are a few who live local also

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I don't really mind people leaving early, either cause the game is shit or for transport issues (although I think most people seem to massively overstate the problems, I've never had to wait for particularly long, 15 mins maybe?). It happens at every ground in the country except if it is set for a tense finale anyway.

I think it is a bit embarrassing that people literally sprint for the train, weaving in and out of other fans, to get to the front of the queue or whatever and 99+% of the time get on the same train as the people they push past anyway. Probably the same sort of people who push onto the train first to get a seat and then think it makes sense for them to get off before the people who have stood in the aisle for the whole journey. No-one else seems to bat an eyelid at that though, so probably I'm alone on that issue.

Good post, that also pisses me off !!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see a lot of piss poor excuses on this thread. Is it any wonder our players gave up when they look up and see our "fans" bailing out with more than 10 minutes of football still to play - again?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Left after final whistle, back at West Worthing just after 8.30. Didn't seem to bad to me ? Maybe all the early leavers had gone

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
I see a lot of piss poor excuses on this thread. Is it any wonder our players gave up when they look up and see our "fans" bailing out with more than 10 minutes of football still to play - again?

Eh? I left on 80 mins as I was totally hacked off at the performance and had a 180 mile drive home and leaving at the whistle usually means I have to wait 45 mins for a bus....as one of the other posters has said, we all have our reasons and by leaving early doesn't make us any less of a worthy supporter than the wholier than thou cretins that stay until the end then bitch about people like me. My money is as good as anyone else's, and my support is as good as anyone else's if you really haven't got anything better to worry about (like the piss poor performance, crap tactics and lack of passion shown by some players) other than if some people have just had enough, then maybe you need to get a life

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Our players seemed to give up after Watford scored their 2nd at about the 65th minute......

No sign of change meant people left - simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here