VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Every time I see him he looks a great prospect. Far better than Battipiedi

Peterrhodes

Aug 18, 2009
London
Agreed battepeidi is and was complete pants. He's slow, panics on the ball, shows little control, passes badly and often seems unintrested.

The fact that his 16 year old replacement upped the level across midfield is as much down to the poor level of batty as his own very promising skills. Why is this guy on the bench let alone starting.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Caskey should definitely get a chance from the bench in the games up until the end of the season, but remember he is only young - don't want to push him too far too quickly, or hold too much expectation on him. It's the problem we have with most of our English youngsters these days, they have so much potential but people expect too much too soon and they burn out

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Caskey was class today, i thought Sandaza also looked good but was a totally different team in the 2nd half.
But great to see Caskey come in vs premiership team and shine, properly one of the best in the last 20 mins on the pitch.
Going to be a premiership player no doubt, hopefully with us.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Agreed he looked good. You can tell he is young though....play to the whistle!

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
He sounded great on the radio and should definitely be beginning to get a chance of the bench in a few games. But ease him in gently we don't want to much pressure on the kid.
On a side note I hadn't realised he was Nicky Forster's step son until today.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Great 30 mins today against one of the most physical teams in the country.

Deserves to be amongst the first team for the rest of the season, and looks like a brilliant prospect.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
One big reason I think is going to hold Caskey back from getting more starts this season, is we seem a bit lightweight in midfield in a physical sense. Noone, Bennett, Bridcutt, Dicker, Sparrow. With maybe the exception of Kish who is not playing at the moment, you could not say we have a real physical presents in midfield and not much height either. Plenty of flair and skill but you do need a bit of muscle as well.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Gus seems to think he did well too but doesn't sound like he'll be rushing him .....

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Poyets Praise for Forster-Caskey

Poyet's Praise for Forster-Caskey
Posted on: Sun 20 Feb 2011
By Paul Camillin

Gus Poyet says Jake Forster-Caskey's form for the reserves earned him his FA Cup debut against Premier League Stoke City - but also warned fans not to put pressure on the 16-year-old and expect too much too soon.

The Albion boss had no qualms about throwing Forster-Caskey in against a physical Stoke side, and was rewarded with an impressive cameo from the first-year scholar.

Poyet said, "He deserved his chance. It could have been easy for me to put Gary Hart or Adam El-Abd on the bench, but we needed to be professional and include a midfielder amongst the substitutes.

"The midfielder from the development squad who deserved to be promoted was Jake - at 3-0 it was a good opportunity for me to give him half an hour and I thought he was brilliant.

"He was brave against a tough team, and it was an excellent game for him, but we must not put Jake under too much pressure because he is still very young. When he has a chance he will get in. He is the future of the club."

Seagulls fans enjoyed their brief glimpse of England under-17 international Forster-Caskey - and having got another taste of first-team football, he is keen to push for more senior action with Albion.

He told seagulls.co.uk, "I have got to be patient, because I am still young. The first team are doing so well at the moment, so I can't complain about not being involved, but when I get a chance I want to impress.

"I want to put the gaffer under a little bit of pressure and hopefully I did that against Stoke. Personally I felt it went well, but from a team point of view, it was a little bit sloppy in the first half, but in the second half we improved and we played some good stuff."

Meanwhile Forster-Caskey has explained his recent addition of Forster to his name, and paid tribute to stepdad and former Albion striker Nicky Forster - now caretaker manager at Brentford.

"I did it out of respect for my stepdad - because he has been a great role model and parent to me. I have lived with him for the last ten years and he has been a huge influence on me.

"Things have changed a bit for him recently, and he tries to be the gaffer at home too," joked Forster-Caskey, "but he has helped me a lot with my career. He was a great pro and I have always looked up to him."

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The influence his stepdad has on him worries me. Lets face it Nicky cant have to much good to say about Poyet after there spat. Lets hope he has Jakes best interests at heart and realises he could not have a better man to learn off than Gus.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The influence his stepdad has on him worries me. Lets face it Nicky cant have to much good to say about Poyet after there spat. Lets hope he has Jakes best interests at heart and realises he could not have a better man to learn off than Gus.

Scaremongering to the max. He signed his scholarship (and in turn the pro deal when he turns 17) after Forster had fallen out with Poyet so obviously didn't have any effect. If he does leave it will be because he is offered a move to a top premiership team (which I don't think will happen) nothing to do with his stepdad.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton

The same Nicky Forster and Gus Poyet that sat chatting for the first half, while watching the Albion reserves v Brentford together at the Bees training ground a week ago. There never was a spat... both men are grown ups, and can appreciate that you can have differing opinions. And having interviewed Fozzy for the Withdean Years DVD there are no grudges. More importantly he knows his lad is in great hands at a good club.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Scaremongering to the max. He signed his scholarship (and in turn the pro deal when he turns 17) after Forster had fallen out with Poyet so obviously didn't have any effect. If he does leave it will be because he is offered a move to a top premiership team (which I don't think will happen) nothing to do with his stepdad.

I'm led to believe that Arsenal have been watching him for some time now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here