Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Cash or card ?

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
As more & more places become card only do you still have cash in your pocket & if so roughly how much ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Always carry cash with me - there are still lots of places that don't take cards.

As mentioned above, taxi drivers don't tend to take them. Our local chippy will take them - but only if you spend £15. Some pubs are still cash only. The Chinese restaurant we use sometimes is cash only.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
always carry some cash, £10-20, though rarely use it now. twice experienced network failures that put cards out of use.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Usually about £5-10. Our local chippie still only takes cash and my little one have a couple of clubs that need cash. It's not my preference to be honest, but it is what it is

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I carry an emergency big note but this is all.....use my phone all the time now.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Very rarely have cash these days. Maybe a fiver in my wallet for months "just in case", or a few euros in case I want to go to the coffee place around the corner who doesn't take card.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Always have a bit of cash, but increasingly go out with a card as well. I prefer cash but the tide is turning.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Still carry a bit, as if phone/card doesn't work then dont want to be left short - Also dont like the idea that insurance co's etc could potentially see much i spend in boozers a year on card/account..

Always thought it was the case that most tradesmen would happily take cash for jobs and spend it at the footie.. must be 100's of us now who less inclined just because Amex gone cashless..!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Neither. Phone.

This. Rarely carry cards, unless it’s a proper day out and I want a back up - but 2 Amex’s, 1 Visa & 1 Mastercard all on my phone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here