Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carole.......was he injured?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Theatre of Trees said:
Reid was left on because he can go forward and defend, I think that is the reason Carole is playing up front at the moment because it enables us to accomodate him and Frutos without having our central midfield overrun because our two wingers get caught out up the pitch.

CKR can have an impact as sub but he didn't tonight because quite simply Burnley stifled the game and we couldn't break them down. By the end it was better to keep the point rather than lose it.

You've hit the nail on the head there, but i'm sure there must have been a way to accomodate Reid, CKR and Carole

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Silent Bob said:
Do you ever disagree with anything?

There is a difference between whinging about any managers decision and trying to work out why he was doing it. Point is if no substitution had been made then I bet this messageboard would be flooded with whinging idiots bemoaning the fact.

Basically he tried to spice things up by making a change. It didn't work because CKR was not at the races, we know that now because of hindsight. At the time if CKR was going to come on it's a question of who he replaces:

1. HART - This won't happen because it leaves a very lightweight forward line.
2. REID - This would not happen because Carole and Frutos are not the best defensively minded players we have. If an opponent is playing a 4-5-1 system you need to keep a tight reign on the wide players because they are usually instructed to push up in support of the lone target man.
3. FRUTOS - This could have been a possibility but he was having a decent game being very direct and putting crosses in which none of our forward line could read.
4. CAROLE - Yes he was our only player capable of conjuring something out of nothing and was playing reasonably well.

The substitution was an attempt at a change which did not work, end of. Carole came off because it was deemed a straight swap and the manager was trying to put something fresh up front. CKR has scored wonder goals as a sub before it could have worked again tonight but it didn't because he played poorly.

Perhaps if you take away hindsight from the equation you too could perhaps work these things out but then I suppose its far easier to jump on the anti-MM bandwagon and not think about anything.

Last edited:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I think Seb, who was meant to be a forward last night was playing too deep and drifting out to wide positions. I think the plan was to push CKR on and give us more depth, however CKR wasnt at the races last night.

A point isn't a bad result against a side that is tenth. Just a shame Leceister managed to grab a win.

Cant see us getting much at Coventry, they are on a run now.
But i'll have a few beers and signing my heart out all the same.

:)

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
I think it was a bit negative for a game we were looking to win (and Burnley were obviously happy with the draw). I just hope we can look back on this game at the end of the season as a good point rather than another lost opportunity to pick up points..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here