Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carole.......was he injured?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
or did mcghee just decided to use the 'draw a players name from the hat' system to take someone off

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Scotty M said:
or did mcghee just decided to use the 'draw a players name from the hat' system to take someone off

Looked like the draw a player system! He should have put carole to right wing and taken chippy/hammond off and moved reid to centre midfield imho.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Perhaps he was knackered playing up front.

And as it was a like for like substitution it was the right move.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
carole might have been able to unlock hull though, and apart from frutos and ckr we have no-one else who can do so

surely one of the central midfielders, who were wank tonight, could of gone off, move reid inside and put carole back in a wide position

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Re: Re: Carole.......was he injured?

sir danny cullip said:
Looked like the draw a player system! He should have put carole to right wing and taken chippy/hammond off and moved reid to centre midfield imho.

And then with our completely untried midfield combination we could have given Jon Harley the freedom of the left wing, got over-run in the centre and chucked away the point that we did get.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Can't understand why he was taken off, surely dropping him to the wing and taking Reid or El-abd off made far more sense?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
youd think so. el abd off would have meant we would have reid and carole down the right, both of whom would of been quite happy to push on. and with burnely only have one up-front that would not have been a problem

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Scotty M said:
youd think so. el abd off would have meant we would have reid and carole down the right, both of whom would of been quite happy to push on. and with burnely only have one up-front that would not have been a problem

Don't you think Burnley might have seen that as their chance to exploit the gaps we'd be leaving down that wing and nick a win? They're allowed to change tactics too.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Reid was left on because he can go forward and defend, I think that is the reason Carole is playing up front at the moment because it enables us to accomodate him and Frutos without having our central midfield overrun because our two wingers get caught out up the pitch.

CKR can have an impact as sub but he didn't tonight because quite simply Burnley stifled the game and we couldn't break them down. By the end it was better to keep the point rather than lose it.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Scotty M said:

But in a 4-5-1 combination you usually rely on your wide players to get forward quickly to support the lone striker, so by weakening our defence we give them the chance to get back into the game.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Im lost for reasons why he keeps making bizzare subs

Last edited:

fatboy said:
Perhaps he was knackered playing up front.

And as it was a like for like substitution it was the right move.
I agree, I think the idea was to ensure we weren't overwhelmed in midfield by the Burnley 5, Frutos and Carole as a pairing are very progressive but they are not cut out for a trench warfare battle in midfield, Reid is in good form and it would have been as hard a call to sacrifice him as Carole.

After the switch, I felt we had the edge in the second half and we created the best chance, alas, we didn't take it, as we did with OGH against Leeds.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Theatre of Trees said:
Reid was left on because he can go forward and defend, I think that is the reason Carole is playing up front at the moment because it enables us to accomodate him and Frutos without having our central midfield overrun because our two wingers get caught out up the pitch.

CKR can have an impact as sub but he didn't tonight because quite simply Burnley stifled the game and we couldn't break them down. By the end it was better to keep the point rather than lose it.
Do you ever disagree with anything?

edit

....at this point, I made my feelings known about floating such bizarre theories about racism, but I am now editing them as WW has admitted he went over the top. I hope he now removes them from this board totally.

Last edited:

Theatre of Trees said:

Sorry, I didn't see your post before I wrote mine, I agree 100%.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
London Irish said:
You are a f***ing idiot who if I had my way would be banned for f***ing idiotic shit like that.

Post edited, bit over the top

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here