Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carole for Fraser

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is not as good as the player who was here previously before going to Leeds. He can kill a ball instantly better than any other player in our team and is ok going at players but now he never goes past a man outside to the byeline to get in a cross or tracks back to help out defensivly. Dont get me wrong I like to watch him in case he does something brilliant, which he often does, but I wonder if he is a bit of a luxury in our position.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Carole put about TWO telling crosses into the box last night.

Birchall contributed more in the ten minutes he was on.

Carole is obviously talented but someone needs to tell him he does not need to beat a player three times. Get a bit of space and get a cross in.

Birchall didn't beat his man once but still managed to put some dangerous balls into the box.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Slade has a huge job to make this team competitive. We have no idea what to do with the ball when we win it (other than a big hoof upfield or a continual succession of short passes around the defenders). What's been obvious all season is that we have little or no movement around the park. There's nobody looking to make space - either for themselves or for their teammates. What's more, our delivery is woeful - most times we just hit the first defender or it's too close to their keeper. So, after winning the ball, we generally give it straight back to them. But what do you expect from a team that has hardly kept the same side for more than one game at a time. All this needs a settled side that know each others styles and how they fit in. Even if you picked the worst eleven players at the club, but played them consistently, you would get better results than we're getting now.

After last night I hope that Slade has formed an opinion of those that have played in the last 2 games and has his best team in his mind. After that it's just a matter of getting them to play in the way he wants. It's not that difficult!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
We are in a RELEGATION battle and we need players that are going to get stuck in and do the 'nitty-gritty' job, not players that can do 20 step overs!

Also, we need players that care about the club not players that are going to be at another club next season!

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
The most annoying thing about El-Abd is that he always backs off players too far when they are running at him, especially on the counter. Fair enough you cant just lunge in but he never puts a tackle in and we concede so many goals 'cos he backs off to far. If you look at Southend for example when our forwards get the ball they just stand up to them dont let them turn, dont let them run at them and (perhaps) that is why we conceded like 10 goals in the last 3 or 4 games and why we can't score.

Jul 7, 2003
What? Sebastian was flair tonight. A great performance for the team.

Stop moaning:angry:

What game were you watching? He didn't conribute much last night and is showing why Darlo let him go.

Carole's contribution since his return comes down to one knock back in his first game and taking a corner for Elphick's goal against Northampton. He was a desperate signing by Adams to appease those fans who were on his back and too many people remember what Carole did first time rather than actually looking at what he is doing at the moment.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The time probably will come for El Abd and Frazer to move on - but only when they can be replaced by players who are substantially better than they are. Our trouble is that, time after time, we beg, buy or borrow players who are no better than what we've got.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
How people can call El-Abd, and other players shit when they are PROFESSIONAL footballers, and you aren't beats me. Surely you can only take the piss and call people shit if you are better than them, AND can actually play the game.

Ridiculous arguement. Compared to his colleagues and the rest of the league he is shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here