Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carole for Fraser

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Elphick for Adam "I'm actually shit but i came up through the youth ranks so no one can say that" El Abd when he's fit would be good to

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
El Abject and Fraser.

Just the sort of midfield combination who could be bloody brilliant.............at Crowborough

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
:( El-Abd bashing. Alright, he's not very good, and I would rather he didn't play again, with Hinshelwood, Elphick, Virgo and Heath all at the club aswell. But if he does, I won't be too concerned, he's a 100% player and we need his type, even if he isn't good enough, his effort makes up for it. His 25 yard bullet would have taken the net out had it got through, then he would look so different!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
The thing that gets is he's captain, CAPTAIN!!! He shouldn't be cleaning the boots let alone leading the bloody team out of the tunnel. When you look at our squad he is no where near one of our strongest 11 players and yet he is persistanly put in and makes errors time and time again. Leeds he backed off and they scored, Crewe same situation, Leyton Orient he wastes a free kick when Carole is in miles of space and they break score. Now like Fraser I do not question his commiment or passion, he looks and plays like he really does care about the club and fair play to him for that but quite simply he is prone to at least one major error a game and you can't afford that in a centre back. There is no one to sweep behind him when he does, his passing is always backwards and too negative for midfield and he is too short for a centre half, I will admit in the past he has had some terrific games but all too often he puts the defence and keeper under pressure through consist mistakes and it's costing us

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Todd, you know what, you're right about both. Neither are up to league 1 standard, but we need people like El-Abd at the club because he'll play left back, right back, centre back. But he's not up to it, which I find sad to admit because I like El-Abd and Fraser, but if we're honest, they're not up to it. Not to worry at the moment though, we've more pressing matters to worry about.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
How people can call El-Abd, and other players shit when they are PROFESSIONAL footballers, and you aren't beats me. Surely you can only take the piss and call people shit if you are better than them, AND can actually play the game.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'm not a ski jumper, but I know Eddie the Eagle wasn't very good.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
But the way people say it on here is as if they could do a better job. When they clearly can't

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
How people can call El-Abd, and other players shit when they are PROFESSIONAL footballers, and you aren't beats me. Surely you can only take the piss and call people shit if you are better than them, AND can actually play the game.

Not to sound egotistical, but only my eye sight holds me back. :jester:

But I agree people are wrong in the severity of some of what they say. There is little respect shown to players at times, and I don't like that. They're good honest professionals, afterall.

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
If we all went by these rules then noone would have an opinion on anything. Does that mean I cant say that Gordon Brown and Labour have
f*cked up the country because Ive never been a Prime Minister???

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
But the way people say it on here is as if they could do a better job. When they clearly can't

If only people who are professinal footballers can have an opinion we might as well close this site down. It's an opinion, as i said, i don't question his passion and work rate but he is not good enough for league one football...... In my opinion :kiss:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Fair point. El Abd is not shit. But he ain't Pele either. Personally though I would rather he played than YET ANOTHER f***ing LOAN PLAYER who is no better than what we have. Our season has been riddled by those!

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
Adam Virgo... Im sorry but I have no idea how he stays on the pitch and gets shuffled to a new position whenever a substitution is made. Its like he has a clause in his contract saying he cant be subbed. I have been totally underwhelmed at what he has done this year. I think the only man who's succeeded in getting him off the pitch is the ref!!Never in a million years should he be in midfield, he's off the pace big time in there. Same goes for full back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here