Votes: 12 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Shame as they were shafted by a crap chaorman

Major difference though is their chairman was simply your local neighbourhood nutter whereas Archer and Stanley were corrupt cnuts deliberately out to destroy our football club.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I hope they survive just for the fact that it will be a great come back.

I would like to add however that I went there when we last played them. We collected 200 odd pounds on the train for the foot and mouth farmers and presented it to them half time. They thanked us by throwing coins at us as we walked out.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd love to see them do it but I think they started their run a bit too late. I think they'll be a point or two from safety.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Funnily enough, I was gonna a thread on this subject on Monday morning, but you beat me to it! I reckon they'll fall a point or two short. They're seven points from safety which is a big gap. That said, I seem to remember we had to find 5 points from only our last 3 games after that draw at Cambridge so who knows?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hope they stay up, have some great memories of Carlisle, such as the 3-0 win on the first day of the season in 1984/5, and Warren Aspinall's winner a few years ago

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Bwian said:
Major difference though is their chairman was simply your local neighbourhood nutter whereas Archer and Stanley were corrupt cnuts deliberately out to destroy our football club.

Well, he had greater ambitions that Archsole and Bellend. Knighton at one time tried to buy Man Utd. Shame he didn't really, he would have f***ed them up the same way as he did Carlisle.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Hope they stay up, but think there's a little too much to catch up, plus teams above them like Darlington are on similar good runs. Think they will go down in 23rd place, above Macclesfield

I, too, have a soft spot for Carlisle, if only because for several seasons they were, for those of us north of the border, our 'home' game!

They do have a great set of fans, and they have been absolutely shafted. And I also want the English League to be spread the length and breadth of the country - Carlisle have to survive if only for this.

Not sure if they will make it though. Macclesfield are surely going down, so that leaves just one other relegation spot. Boston are wobbling, but every now and then pull off a good result. As someone has pointed out, Rochdale may start to struggle now that Paul Connor has left.

btw, they have no chance of joining the Scottish league, unless someone drops out. And even then it is unlikely: there are non-league teams with a greater shout after a few seasons of beating league teams in the cup. And Berwick is different - it may be in England now (and Carlisle, obviously, has been in Scotland on occasion), but Berwick is a Scottish town. After all, the county of Berwickshire is still in Scotland!

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Would love to see them stay up at the expense of Southend.

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
Hope they stay up, they showed great humour and support to our cause at NFD in Torquay. Plus I've had a few good nights out in Carlisle when we have been up there.
wcnige

It could be worse for Carlisle - they may have only had 5pts after 20 games, but East Stirlingshire currently have 5 points after 27 games! Their defeat on Saturday was the 9th time this season they have conceded 5 or more goals in a game; they have conceded something like 104 goals in total, & have a goal difference of -67; and they have only won 3 times in their last 74 games. :eek:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ordinarily I'd want them to stay up, but memories still linger for me of the last game of the season about 4 or 5 years back.

They had to come to Withdean and get a result, and hope that other games went for them. THeir performance was embarrassing, they had no ambition, drive, desire, and looked as though they just did not give a shit. I can remember them getting a corner late on (when we were winning) and strolling forward, not in great numbers, and in no hurry at all. Towards the end, the were just wasting time, rather than trying to get the goal back.

Their fans had travelled hundreds of miles down here, to try and cheer them to safety, and the players responded with a performance they should have been ashamed of. They were lucky that day as other teams screwed up and results went their way, but I couldn't believe how lazy they were. I'd be gutted if I travelled to the other end of the country to watch the Albion and the team barely bothered to show up.

So if they do go this year, I won't shed any tears for them. Granted, the fans deserve better, but someone has to go. Southend and Orient would be nice....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports