Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Don't care, they're always at the bottom anyway

Votes: 12 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Is anyone else out there starting to find themselves looking more and more for the Carlisle result every Saturday. With only 5 points on the board after their first 20 games they were odds on certainties to drop into the Conference. But look at them now, only 7 points from safety after a great run of results. But will they be able to do an Albion and survive or have they left it too late.
What do you think?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Think they've left a bit late this time. Shame as they were shafted by a crap chaorman, same as somebody else I can think of. They have tremendous support. Around 500 made the near 800 miles round trip to Torquay last weekend. Very nice about signing Falmer letters.

Sad but that's life.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
not this time. but imagine if their goalkeeper scores winner on last day to keep them up again.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Cerial Killer said:
didnt even know that they only had 5 points so no!
If you mean that they have only got 5 points now, that's wrong. They have now got 30 points from 35 games. After 20 matches they only had 5 points.That's why it would be such a great escape if they make it.
:)

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
25 points from 15 games, nearly 2 points per game thats some going. promotion form in fact. beating oxford and huddersfield in last 2 games are great results also.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
I have to work with a Carlisle fan and explained what happened when we escaped (largely built on home wins etc) and it seems this is the route that Carlisle are taking. Winning the home games and rarely losing the away ones (not winning them but draws will do.

For the record he reckons they will finish second bottom with Macca finishing bottom.

So in that respect yes they will do the same as us, unfortunately its not enough too keep them up.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Ive been watching and think this will be the greatest ever escape if they do it.They seem to have the momentum and could do it.Rochadale just sold their best player,so it could be them for the drop i think.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
BRIGHT ON Q said:
Ive been watching and think this will be the greatest ever escape if they do it.They seem to have the momentum and could do it.Rochadale just sold their best player,so it could be them for the drop i think.
That's a good point. Teams above them are faultering and on current form I think Carlisle are about 4th in the division. Games are running out and the teams above them will now be nervously looking over their shoulders. I'd love to see them do it.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i hope they do,

carlisle are one of those clubs you can't help but feel sorry/quite like

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Pethick's Haircut said:
Sorry, but I don't look at the end of the football league. :p

I bet you did once.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Beat the Town last week and Oxford on saturday.

Town in auto promotion spot now!

Last edited:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
They are making a fight of it this year ,but I think their luck might have run out, and to be honest I wouldn't be too upset if they dropped into the Conference.It might work in their favour-several teams have dropped down ,regrouped ,and come back stronger

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
A few years ago carlisle said that if they fell out the league then they may join the scottish league instead, dunno if this still applies now.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Given that Berwick (an English club)already play in Scottish League it might be the best option for Carlisle.It would certainly cut their travelling expenses.Would they have to start in Div 3 though?Dont know how many fans would turn out for a game against Peterhead or Elgin though.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here