Carlisle Player Ratings

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
holding the defender off, then back-heading a flick on almost vertically in the air. Is this normal from him?
IMHO probably the worst player on the field on the day, but his contribution to the second goal sealed the game.

I refuse to believe he let the ball touch his head, and yes, he is useless

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I refuse to believe he let the ball touch his head, and yes, he is useless

Useless enough to have scored two cracking goals this season already. Maybe your comment was tongue in cheek but it is typical of lots of so called fans who are not prepared to let anyone settle at this club. If you don't produce the goods from day one you must be shit.

bluestripe

Jul 14, 2009
finchley to be fair you were not at the game yesterday,dickenson was decidedly average at best , and a lot of people have an opinion, i respect yours,
there was very many sighs and oh fucks, from the travelling fans , to confirm he had a mare, he needs to improve , hopefully he can.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Dickinson had a quiet game yesterday, but there were a few moments when he obviously looked class. He strikes me as the type of player who will do nothing for half the game but then pop up with a goal out of nowhere, or create a goal like he did yesterday. I'd rather have a player like that, than one who runs round like a headless chicken of the Alex Revell mould.

That's the stupid thing about Albion fans, I'm sure there's alot of people who would rather have a donkey who tries hard and runs around for 90 minutes, but hasn't got an ounce of skill in his body.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Personally I have seen enough of Dickinson this season to see that he is clearly a very good player who will only get better. I find some of the comments here amazing.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Personally I have seen enough of Dickinson this season to see that he is clearly a very good player who will only get better. I find some of the comments here amazing.

The problem is that he doesn't score a hat trick every game.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Useless enough to have scored two cracking goals this season already. Maybe your comment was tongue in cheek but it is typical of lots of so called fans who are not prepared to let anyone settle at this club. If you don't produce the goods from day one you must be shit.

I'm sorry mate, but his goal against Stockport was a HUGE deflection. Nothing cracking about it, although his goal apart Huddersfield was quality.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Well, I didn't see the Carlisle match first hand, but I have seen Dickinson 3 times this season and he has impressed me each time.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'd like to give a special mention to Dicker and Crofts. Whilst they are not spectacular, they did a brilliant job of protecting the back four. I can't see teams walking the ball through the middle of us like they did last season.

Davies looked dangerous on the wing, and looks like he could be a cracking player.

bluestripe

Jul 14, 2009
agree thought crofts and dicker broke up the oppostion play yesterday, crofts especially loves a tackle and kept the passing simple, davies and bennett also worked their nuts off chasing back and defending when needs be as did every player, to be fair, it wasnt spectacular but a great team performance and showed a massive team belief and spirit, and great the whole squad managers, and coaches came over to acknowledge the fans who outsung the carlisle throughout the game , bodes well for the future was a game i am glad i travelled for that feeling at the final whistle. there were many smiling faces both on and off the field, i was glad i can say i was there.

seagullkev

May 13, 2007
peacehaven
dickinson didn't play well yesterday and in the 3 times i've seen him he's been average at best but he has lots of skill and if RS can get him working harder i think we'll have a decent player

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
I'd like to give a special mention to Dicker and Crofts. Whilst they are not spectacular, they did a brilliant job of protecting the back four. I can't see teams walking the ball through the middle of us like they did last season.

Davies looked dangerous on the wing, and looks like he could be a cracking player.

Teams were walking the ball through the middle of us this season too until Dicker was recalled. I'm not suprised to hear that we've looked more solid since. (last game i was at was Millwall).

Havent seen Arron Davies yet but it sounds like he's had two great games. Looking forward to Saturday.

Indeed - some seem to wear blinkers and have no appreciation of what he actually does. Just his pass/cross for Forster's goal alone shows he has a brain as well as good feet and he is a very useful acquisition.

Still many will continue to moan but nothing new there.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think the reason so many people have come on here "slagging off" Dickinson is because he has received a lot of praise for what I've seen as a reasonable contribution. Not great, reasonable - whereas some people talk as if he's been the best performer so far this season.

He was poor against Stockport, first touch was absolutely woeful, non existent link up play (whacked it up in the air) but as with a lot of people I think he has shown sparks that he will come good.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There are also people who are so wrapped up in their love of Murray, they refuse to see the qualities that Dickinson provides, instead focusing on the aspects of his game that doesn't live up to Murray, and only accept overstating of qualities when it is applied to dear ol' glenn.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think the reason so many people have come on here "slagging off" Dickinson is because he has received a lot of praise for what I've seen as a reasonable contribution. Not great, reasonable - whereas some people talk as if he's been the best performer so far this season.

He was poor against Stockport, first touch was absolutely woeful, non existent link up play (whacked it up in the air) but as with a lot of people I think he has shown sparks that he will come good.

He has been the best player half of our matches!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There are also people who are so wrapped up in their love of Murray, they refuse to see the qualities that Dickinson provides, instead focusing on the aspects of his game that doesn't live up to Murray, and only accept overstating of qualities when it is applied to dear ol' glenn.

Listen again:

Dickinson WAS RUBBISH against Stockport. Not compared to Forster, or Murray, or any other striker we have had in the last 10 years.

He had a bad game full stop. His control was dreadful. He kept giving the ball away when attempting link up play. Simple as that.

I can completely see the qualities a Heskey-style player provides, and if you'd read closer you'd notice I said I think he'll come good, making your dig at me baseless.

Still, carry on regardless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports