Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff Ticket Arrangements

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
simnom said:
So whats the verdict on the parking at Withdean.

Can we park there when we get the tickets?

As far as I know the only restrictions placed on the Albion at Withdean are 'MatchDay Restrictions'.

It clearly is not a matchday tomorrow, but don't blame me if there are a few stewards blocking entry to the 'gated residences' of Withdean.

Last edited:

Confirmation now received from the Club that they will not be able to designate a Singing Area:-

"It simply is not possible to allocate specific areas. We are under instructions to sell the tickets in sequence - the rule is - if you want to sing together, queue together".

Shankly Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
A little bit of info for you on attending games at Cardiff because I've been fortunate to see Liverpool there...

First time I was up in U3 (not sure if they're opening top tier this time?).View was brilliant, steep banking for those who get vertigo though!. Great singing section behind the goal stretching well round the sides into the side stands.

Second time was The Worthless against the Manc scum. Sat down in L31. I was fortunate to be in the front row next to the concrete pitchside wall. Although the players were close the lack of depth (you are right below pitch level) meant you lost perspective. The winners podiums will also be set up to face the tunnel and BT stand, so you would be behind the awards podium.
For that match it was a mixed area of support (had to enter through gate 7 in the midst of the scum in colours) which was hairy). Sounds like the area this time will be solid Albion though.

Travelled there both times by car, seperate motorway exits for cars/coaches by club make entry to Cardiff a doddle. Use the park & rides that cost £5. The shuttle buses run very frequently dropping you right in the centre and run back out till about 9pm.

Pubs are designated by supporter group which means we are segregated from Bristol by different sides of the ground. You have to show match tickets to get in all the big ones.

If you are going by train take a book. After the match the station is always overwhelmed by supporters looking to travel back out. Police will cordon off the road to prevent overcrowding which requires a lot of patience.

Best to head to a pub and be prepared to travel and hour or two later.

My Cardiff record reads seen two, won two - and I'm looking forward to making it the treble next weekend.

Come on the Seagulls!

:clap:

South Stand Zealot

Jul 8, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just for FG, who curiously seems to be getting excited about the Club he loves to slag off, could someone arrange for him to have a place in the dug-out.

Sorry, I meant dug-in ! Well dug in ! About 6 feet under with a steel reinforced concrete capping.

That should shut the moron up and give us all some well deserved peace !

:smokin:

:bhasign: :falmer: :bhasign: :falmer: :bhasign: :falmer: :bhasign: :falmer: :bhasign:

:shit:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
why does the official site say postal applications must apply in the usual way? (which is how) as i have never applied for a postal ticket before, and would need to for this game. im confused please help.

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
dont bother trying to time your ticket buying excercise to get them for a certain point i.e. leave it late to get behind goal as they f***ed it up as usual and are selling all sorts already and the info from the club on selling from half way line first was rubbish

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Graz, this is how I have applied for all my tickets to Withdean. I write on headed paper, easy enough with Word, include my Visa Card number in the text and enclose a stamped self addressed envelope. This is how I will be applying for tickets this time, I only hope that the scare prediction of all our tickets selling out today are wide of the mark as my application might not get there till about tuesday...

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
finbar said:
dont bother trying to time your ticket buying excercise to get them for a certain point i.e. leave it late to get behind goal as they f***ed it up as usual and are selling all sorts already and the info from the club on selling from half way line first was rubbish

my understanding was that they would sell "best" seats first, which doesn't necessarily imply simply moving around from middle to behind goal - to me it implies selling the best seats from various areas

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
cheers for the info gully. but i have now found somebody that will be in brighton on tuesday. hope they still have tickets left. if i posted now it wouldnt get there till then anyway.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I remain optimistic that the majority of people who would be buying tickets in person will have done so yesterday or today and as long as they don't sell out by this afternoon there will be some left for those of us who can't make it there in person and have to rely on the good old postal service. As with anything you get an initial rush and then demand falls away, I just hope my optimism isn't misplaced as having followed the Albion through thick and thin for over 25 years I would hate to miss this one.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Me too, I had to wait for confirmation that i would be able to make the game which i couldn't do until yesterday evening. Friend of mine is supposed to be able to get tickets tomorrow, otherwise I'll have to apply through post. Very nervous that i won't get a ticket al a Swindon away through similar circumstances.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I was lucky that I managed to get a ticket for the Swindon game, many thanks Glostergull to whom I still owe payment, but remain nervous about the final.

I posted my application late yesterday, there was a collection today from the post box, I hope the letter arrives in Brighton sometime tomorrow or I fear my effort will be in vain. Hopefully see you there KLH, we will probably by in the section right up against the Bristol City fans, or should I say hope we will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here