Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff move in for Noone

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
don't agree with that overall assessment Kev, he blows hot and cold for sure, but he is unplayable sometimes and anonymous others.... not in the best of form currently, but still think he has massive potential.

Remembering we bought him from League 1 bottom club for a bargain 300k, after a season at top end of league 1 and championship I do think he is worth a bit more than 700k and if he rediscovered his early season form he would be worth 1 mill +.

Add in that both KLL and Buckley are sicknotes I don't understand the logic, we need to improve on our best players and clear out the dross, we lost 2 of our best players pre season and now we potentially lose another one of our proven better players??

I understand where you are coming from, but cast your mind back to last season. Noone was mostly used as sub then. I think that because of the sicknotes and his early season form people think he is a lot better than he actually is. Yes on his day he can play very well but I think he is far to inconsistent for a top six team first team regular(one assumes that is what Gus is trying to build) and if you can almost treble your outlay in a year, I think that is a sound bit of business.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
"Hi is that Malkay, It's Gustavo, about that Noone deal............... well eees complicated, another one of our winger sicknotes called Kazenga is again out of action, so er how can I put this........ you kiss my hairy arse"

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just had a text from a mate who said it is a done deal - Noone will go for 700k. He said it was a VERY reliable source !!!! I f***ing hope not

Thats got to be shite,if by any slim chance it is true it will be up there with our worst transfers ever.Just the fact the other 2 can't stay on the pitch for more than a couple of games in a row as today again showed should be enough to scupper this transfer.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
I would bite their hands off for £1m, yes he's great at beating his man but then what does he do afterwards?... Usually lose the ball or have a cross that doesn't beat the first man... If, and it's a BIG if, LuaLua and Buckley stay fit he'd be no more than a bench player anyway.

Dont now what you have been watching,he has been our most creative player this season without a doubt.His all-round game is better than Buckley and Lua Lua.Gus has really brought him on and is still a work in progress,never gives up and is a great pro.Prem player in the future and with us

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
We are fortunate to have three top quality wingers at the club, I would be gutted if we sell any of them. Personally I rate noone higher than lua lua - havent seen Buckley enough to assess properly but when he has played his been fantastic.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
700k is doing the rounds.

Would be a shame, especially as kll got himself injured today. I thought it showed us up when Buckley went off ( why?) that we are so reliant on a winger in this style that gus plays. Our midfield , although looking very pretty, didn't open up their defence late on.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Dont now what you have been watching,he has been our most creative player this season without a doubt.His all-round game is better than Buckley and Lua Lua.Gus has really brought him on and is still a work in progress,never gives up and is a great pro.Prem player in the future and with us

The Cardiff manager knows all about Buckley from there time together at Watford,surely if he was better than Noone then he would probably want him in preferance.Also as it turns out Mr Pardew is turning out to be not a bad judge of a player(even though he is still a major prick),if Lua Lua is as good as some deluded fans think he is, then he probably would have only loaned him out again.Lua Lua was quality in div 1 but still unproven at championship level like a lot of our current squad.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I can't personally see it happening but stranger things have happened. I don't think Gus wouldn't sell him if he didn't have some one in mind, he KNEW he can get, that is better for the money.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We are fortunate to have three top quality wingers at the club, I would be gutted if we sell any of them. Personally I rate noone higher than lua lua - havent seen Buckley enough to assess properly but when he has played his been fantastic.

You are joking right???....9 times out of 10 Lualua either wins a corner/free kick/gets a shot off or whips it across the box.....9 times out of 10 Noone either tries to take on one to many, misses the simple ball or the cross is poor...Still it's a game of opinions.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
You are joking right???....9 times out of 10 Lualua either wins a corner/free kick/gets a shot off or whips it across the box.....9 times out of 10 Noone either tries to take on one to many, misses the simple ball or the cross is poor...Still it's a game of opinions.

I know it's not his primary job but lua lua is a bit of a liability defensively. He still too often runs down cul-de-sacs and makes the wrong decision. Still a great prospect but noone is the better player. He has more guile and craft and beats players far easier than lua lua who if he can't outpace a fullback struggles. Noone can twist and turn and has better feet.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'd be surprised and somewhat disappointed if Noone went.

Firstly, anything less than 1 million, IMO is bad business.
Secondly, should not sell to a club that is in our division.
Thirdly, for Noone it is a sideways move and I am sure he'll get better offers.

That is all.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I know it's not his primary job but lua lua is a bit of a liability defensively. He still too often runs down cul-de-sacs and makes the wrong decision. Still a great prospect but noone is the better player. He has more guile and craft and beats players far easier than lua lua who if he can't outpace a fullback struggles. Noone can twist and turn and has better feet.

Not for me, but there we go...I think if Gus can get £700k for Noone then he will take it. Time will tell and if he does take it, it would suggest that I'm not the only one who doesn't agree with you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here