Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff first game not to sell out?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
They sent back 900 end last week as had only sold 450 but kept 550 of final 1000. The 900 sold out am but looks like even more have come back v late...Short notice, whatever, not an issue

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I didn't have a ticket but I wasn't prepared to spend £26 on a seat in the South stand and I would assume I'm not the only one. Thankfully I've now got one for WSL ( thanks Normandy Seagull ! ).

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Our ticket sales at the close of business today stood at around the 730 mark I believe.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I'll be surprised if it's not over 21,000 because like you said it's a big game

i would be very surprised given that no league game this season has been over 21000.

i think about 19800 given that the 900 extra tickets didnt go on sale until the weekend.making travel arrangements difficult plus knowing the tickets will be along side cardiff fans who are not the friendliest bunch

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
fair to say that it will be the lowest away attendance at the amex by a distance.although they will still match what we took to cardiff so can't complain.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
fair to say that it will be the lowest away attendance at the amex by a distance.although they will still match what we took to cardiff so can't complain.

Barnsley took 814. I think they'll be close to that. Very impressive for a midweek so soon after an expensive Wembley day out.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Yay, a shit attendance figures thread, I love these, school night, Cardiff reputation, worried about fireballs in the sky, not shaking hands with anyone, bad trains, all the ingredients we need for a low turnout, and there is still a whole day to go :down:

Pompous twat

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I reckon we will have about 18k, lots will be put off by Cardiff reputation, combined with school night so to speak

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

What reputation have Cardiff got to put me off a match in Brighton?????

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
i was just wondering why do we never get to the 22,500 capacity

Beacusee a certain amount of seats always have to be available for emergencies, are complimentaries included in the crowd figure - there must be a fair few shelled out now to players, other clubs etc, some season ticket holders may not turn up, the away end is rarely sold out, although the away club may have bought all the available tickets.......

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
i was just wondering why do we never get to the 22,500 capacity

Because we only declare "bums on seats". Unlike a certain team at the wrong end of the A23 who include season ticket holders who haven't turned up, just to make their attendances look semi-respectable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here