Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Crofts makes his first forward pass in the 86th minute.

I'm not really into defending anyone in this game, however, that is simply not true. Sure he's a defensive player these days, but he has put in a number of forward quartering balls, especially in this half.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
You can hold them partly responsible when a team is a tad robbed of character and impetus from his selection. Look at the difference a half-time holler and a couple of changes make. I don't blame Hughton entirely, but i am disappointed with our attitude in that first-half and that we seemed to not know each other's positions, so easily cut apart by such an average bunch.

I would agree if we had been poor to start with but we weren't. Cardiff looked very poor, one defensive howler and our players turned them into world beaters. Not the managers fault.

boik

Well, not many positives today, but Skalak will benefit from that, as will Rosenior. Hopefully that will also use up some of the deflections and ricochets against us for the rest of the season.

On we go.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Cardiff had a make shift side out and no recognised striker lol
Houghton should have known this and should have gone 4-4-2 end of....big mistake

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Kayal missing is my gut thought as to why this has happened. Sounds like Stephens has stepped up and Sidwell is good, but I just don't think Crofts is or has been worth keeping (was good couple years ago but then been inconsistent in terms of performances and fitness since).

Expect we deserved to loose (but not by 3) and we move on and up next week

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Bad tactics, and selections today....

But that happens, still in our hands and more than happy still with the season.....

On to Tuesday now, rocket up the arse and 442 we should be fine.....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Cor blimey, you must be a boffin or something.

You seemed to stop halfway through your list of 'how many points we'd have if...' scenarios. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what point you were trying to make, but I thought I'd be helpful and finish the list anyway.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I would agree if we had been poor to start with but we weren't. Cardiff looked very poor, one defensive howler and our players turned them into world beaters. Not the managers fault.

Agree.

We were shocking today. Mainly in the first half, but even in the second half we showed that our inability to create chances in numbers has cost us.

Ah well, onwards and let's hope upwards.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Worst thing about this is how poor Cardiff were, with injuries and reshuffles. Yet we lose 4-1 to them, shows how drastically our performance dropped, particularly first half.

2 games without Kayal playing 60+ mins this season? 0-3 and 1-4

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Oh yes. We've shown ourselves to be the better side today. [emoji3]

We drew the second half.

It might have been different if their bloke had been sent off in the first minute and Calderon had needed to be substituted and they hadn't been 3-0 up at half-time and the soft penalty hadn't been given and etc etc.

But tomorrow is another day......

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We lost 3 nil under gus in our promo Season at Hartlepool

Don't panic roll on Bristol

Yes, LuaLua got a broken leg and we had someone sent off. Ankergren let a ball sail over his head thinking it was going out, only for it to be kept in and rolled into an empty net for 1-0.

No comparison to today's utter disaster. Also, fairly sure Gary Dicker scored that day so it was 3-1, wasn't it? I was there. Great footlong hot dog!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It's an annoyance and a disappointment today, nothing more, nobody died. Let's all put the toys back in the pram and look forward to our next visit to Wales on Tuesday:down:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Worst thing about this is how poor Cardiff were, with injuries and reshuffles. Yet we lose 4-1 to them, shows how drastically our performance dropped, particularly first half.

2 games without Kayal playing 60+ mins this season? 0-3 and 1-4

preston at home, 0-0

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We drew the second half.

It might have been different if their bloke had been sent off in the first minute and Calderon had needed to be substituted and they hadn't been 3-0 up at half-time and the soft penalty hadn't been given and etc etc.

But tomorrow is another day......

You see. I feel so much better now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here