Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Caravans in Preston Park

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sorry, I just don't recognise them from your description. And I live just across the road from them :shrug:

I'll drop you an invite to come to Hangleton when they next rock up at St Helens Green. Then you can talk to the local shops who were openly robbed by them and the resident who had their kitten taken from her. Then you can tip toes round the sh1t ( and I mean real human stuff ) they leave.They really are non-human scum.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
They've confined themselves to one small section of the park. Maybe, say, a fifth or a sixth of the total area. Not causing anybody any harm whatsoever. They'll move on soon enough.

Live and let live maybe?

sounds like they've become more compact, but they aren't bothering me ... just reporting what I saw walking back from the offie

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I'll drop you an invite to come to Hangleton when they next rock up at St Helens Green. Then you can talk to the local shops who were openly robbed by them and the resident who had their kitten taken from her. Then you can tip toes round the sh1t ( and I mean real human stuff ) they leave.They really are non-human scum.

Just to clarify they are not the same travellers at all .... having seen both

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So, to sum up: they've not done anything whatsoever other than 'scoping' (whatever that means, if anything) 'the back gardens of the locals'.

latest

Nothing at all. The constant noise (night and day) was an absolute delight, most engaging, especially at weekends. The rubbish and excrement they left strewn everywhere was a fascinating addition to the locality. The communal bikeshed that was broken into round the corner probably needed a new door anyway. And I loved that feeling of going to work every day leaving the curtains drawn on an empty house, hoping that everything was still intact when I got back. Not to mention moving everything of value from the shed inside.

I can't wait for them to visit the area again.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
A post from our village Facebook page "So I just stood 10 mins ago in the Co-op and watched 3 of our new, unwelcome visitors waltz in, pick up what they fancied for dinner & waltz out again without paying! When I alerted the staff to what was going on, they sighed & said 'oh yeh we know, nothing we can do, I'm afraid"
Thieving vermin!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
They've confined themselves to one small section of the park. Maybe, say, a fifth or a sixth of the total area. Not causing anybody any harm whatsoever. They'll move on soon enough.

Live and let live maybe?

They do seem to be showing the park a lot more respect than some of the other users and they are nothing like the travellers that camped near Hangleton Manor. They really were disgusting

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here