Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Caravans in Preston Park

D

Deleted User X18H

I saw them earlier. Oh well we prefer Hove Park at the moment. It's fairly equi-distant

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Caroline Clueless will probably be on her way down there to welcome them with open arms to continue her support for anyone to pitch a tent or caravan wherever they damn well please because it's just not right on enough to say they can't.

She's on QT tonight.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Spray bird feed all over their kit. They will soon get pissed off being woken at 4.30am!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yep, they have rocked up in Hove now.
They have really spread out in PP. Was a genuine shame to see kids and dogs of actual residents having to skirt round the site.
True to form it's starting to get messy. Lots of clothes hanging up on railings etc. Next they'll be haranguing residents and breaking into sheds, nicking dogs etc. No shame.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Yep, they have rocked up in Hove now.
They have really spread out in PP. Was a genuine shame to see kids and dogs of actual residents having to skirt round the site.
True to form it's starting to get messy. Lots of clothes hanging up on railings etc. Next they'll be haranguing residents and breaking into sheds, nicking dogs etc. No shame.

They must be due a flat screen TV upgrade and gas bottle renewal at the cost of the local residents. About 2yrs ago after another holiday in the park when they eventually left we walked around the park. There must have been around 15 TV bases which they had removed and loads of empty gas bottles probably plundered from the local area. Why the council panders to these people is beyond me

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
just walked past, there's about 12 caravans and several white vans, lots of very young kiddies, they seem tidy enough, but it is a public park and they're quite spread out

They've confined themselves to one small section of the park. Maybe, say, a fifth or a sixth of the total area. Not causing anybody any harm whatsoever. They'll move on soon enough.

Live and let live maybe?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
They better not be in the way of the Bubble Rush next week - 15th.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They've confined themselves to one small section of the park. Maybe, say, a fifth or a sixth of the total area. Not causing anybody any harm whatsoever. They'll move on soon enough.

Live and let live maybe?

They don't though do they. They're antisocial, noisy, messy, thieving vermin. I've had them pitch up near me before and they are a cuffing nightmare.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Live and let live maybe?

Do you want to work in a pub near them this weekend? I ****ing don't.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry, I just don't recognise them from your description. And I live just across the road from them :shrug:

That's been my experience of them, unfortunately. Generators running day and night, fights and arguments, hollering at the kids, revving engines at all hours, and then a trail of garbage, shit and destruction left behind them that had to be seen to be believed. They're feral scum.

Hopefully you're lucking out with your ones.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Do you want to work in a pub near them this weekend? I ****ing don't.

Preston Brewery Tap won't even notice the difference in clientele.

Prices in the Crown & Anchor will certainly scare 'em off.

And there's no way way they'll get served in the Park View. Same as everybody else really. Nobody gets any kind of service in that ShitForService pub.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They're antisocial, noisy, messy, thieving vermin. I've had them pitch up near me before and they are a cuffing nightmare.

Sorry, I just don't recognise them from your description. And I live just across the road from them :shrug:

I don't suppose its just possible that not ALL travelers have identical lifestyles / morals / personalities?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't suppose its just possible that not ALL travelers have identical lifestyles / morals / personalities?

Maybe I've been unlucky then. But the ones who pitch up from time to time on Fishersgate Rec or on the old Cable & Wireless site have without exception been horrific. I dunno if its the same "clan" or not. Its quite unnerving when you see these scumbags climbing onto the roofs of their camper vans and 4x4's, scoping the back gardens of the locals.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe I've been unlucky then. But the ones who pitch up from time to time on Fishersgate Rec or on the old Cable & Wireless site have without exception been horrific. I dunno if its the same "clan" or not. Its quite unnerving when you see these scumbags climbing onto the roofs of their camper vans and 4x4's, scoping the back gardens of the locals.

So, to sum up: they've not done anything whatsoever other than 'scoping' (whatever that means, if anything) 'the back gardens of the locals'.

latest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here