Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car drivers should be microchipped

D

Deleted member 22389

Also as mentioned somewhere else my car was hit by a cyclist undertaking as I was stationary at traffic lights, the clingfilm dressed moron then shouted abuae at me ! I WAS STATIONARY AND HAD NO IDEA TGE BUFOON WAS UNDERTAKING ME! If he had some kind of licence plate I could have reported him for dangerous riding,colliding with my car as well as aggressive and abusive threats

You don't like cyclists do you lol. Fair enough. But please we are all not bad.

I know cyclists are completely in the right to cycle on the outside in stationary traffic, but personally I think it's dangerous.
I always stay on the left, and I always brake when the cars do, so you will never find me cutting up on the inside.
It's obvious from driving you can't always see and if you pull in your going to squash the cyclist.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
You don't like cyclists do you lol. Fair enough. But please we are all not bad.

I know cyclists are completely in the right to cycle on the right, but personally I think it's dangerous. I always stay on the left, and I always brake when the cars do, so you will never find me cutting up on the inside.
It's obvious from driving you can't always see and if you pull in your going to squash the cyclist.
If its not all cyclists then maybe its not all car drivers either, I just get fed up constantly called the bad guy by cyclists who feel its their right to ride on roads dangerously and blame drivers (who pay to use the same road)

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
If its not all cyclists then maybe its not all car drivers either, I just get fed up constantly called the bad guy by cyclists who feel its their right to ride on roads dangerously and blame drivers (who pay to use the same road)

you are paranoid. or everyone does hate you.
​EVERYONE PAYS FOR THE ROADS

D

Deleted member 22389

This is a good idea. I think the only cyclists that would oppose this are those who like to run the red lights & pedestrian crossings, talk on the mobile phone while swaying all over the road, skip onto the pavement whenever they please, etc. Not sure that £10 per cyclist would be enough to fund many new cycle lanes & paths though.

In Japan when they register their bikes they get a yellow sticker with a number on it - but actual license plates are just as practical.

In regards to microchipping cars - equally I don't think many law abiding drivers would oppose it within reason, but it would be too difficult to implement anyway - eg issues such as cost, tampering and law. I'd happily have one under the condition that the national speed limit was increased to at least 80mph (and reduced the cost of my insurance)

I'm happy to pay. I'm a good cyclist, I just want my own lanes so I can cycle in safety without dicing with death. After my near miss last year, where I nearly ended up under the wheels of the car because the driver didn't see me, my whole attitude behind the wheel of a car, and whilst I am cycling has changed. I hate seeing cyclists breaking the law, and I hate drivers who do the same.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
This. And another key fact, bikes don't DAMAGE the roads, they're not big enough or heavy enough.

fair point.
tory boy; or surrey wotever; the formula they use to calculate damage to roads is:
the mass of the vehicle squared divided by the number of axles,
you do the maths

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
fyi; no road tax since 1937, its VEHICLE EMISSIONS DUTY.:facepalm:the road budget is not hypothercated; all tax payers contribute, how many times?
stop being so precious, no one has told you you are wrong for driving
economical with the truth? youve never accelerated towards an amber or broken a speed limit, EVER
i have addressed your highlights, the rest is meaningless drivel, like i have already said, no reasoned response, you mindless twonk :thumbsup:
Why do some cyclists have the stigma of being self righteous, whinging, ,holier than though w******s........oh hi Roger

As for speeding etc no never when there has been other road users which may be put in danger by my actions

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Why do some cyclists have the stigma of being self righteous, whinging, ,holier than though w******s

As for speeding etc no never when there has been other road users which may be put in danger by my actions

could i be rude enough to ask you your age?
cos you cant have a "stigma of being self righteous"
it makes no sense you retard
go and play with the traffic

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
As for speeding etc no never when there has been other road users which may be put in danger by my actions[/QUOTE]

sorry i missed this bit cos LARFIN at your gibberish
i dont transcend any laws if it endangers me or anyone else
are you special needs? serious question tory boy

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
After the recent debate regarding cycles and whether or not they should have number plates it became obvious to me that car drivers are getting away with all manner of illegal activities and these should not go unpunished.

They:

•Break the law by speeding.
•Break the law by going through traffic lights when they shouldn’t.
•Fail to indicate at junctions and roundabouts.
•Park in illegal and dangerous places.
•Drive the wrong way down one way streets.
•Drive in the wrong lane when driving on motorways etc.
•Overtake dangerously.
•Take know notice of zebra crossings.
•They don’t even pay road tax!!!
•Basically act like some kind of lord of the manor just because they have a car, jeez it’s not the 1920s now, having a car doesn’t make you some kind of middle class guru, despite what the daily mail may lead you to believe!!!
•Etc etc etc.

All these things are antisocial, dangerous, inconsiderate, and mostly illegal. Many people die or are injured yearly because of car drivers, please lord don’t let it be a child next. I remember the old days when I was possible to cross the road blindfolded and no harm would come to you, now crossing in hi-vis clothing with flashing lights and 110 dB alarms whilst looking isnt safe, it’s just not on.

So all car drivers should be microchipped, it should be legal requirement before driving. A small GPS device should be implanted that monitors their speed and location, in addition car drivers should be forced to wear cameras which face the road. All this data would be uploaded to a central system which would be analysed for any dangerous behaviours outlined above, most importantly to make sure all car drivers pay road tax.

Obviously car drivers who don’t break any laws or rules won’t mind having this as they don’t have anything to worry about. It’s only fair that the law is honoured and this is clearly the way to ensure that happening.
Microchipping is just stupid - who wants that sort of state control? - but I imagine anyone caught doing the offences listed will probably be punished.

:lolol:

Last edited:

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
could i be rude enough to ask you your age?
cos you cant have a "stigma of being self righteous"
it makes no sense you retard
go and play with the traffic

I would but its just cyclists on the roads and retard And special needs?? So you dont have a problem with being politically incorrect? ? Spastic okay? Jory deacon? Raspberry ripple? You vile little man, are black people still N**** in your world?

Im not a tory x

D

Deleted member 22389

Why do some cyclists have the stigma of being self righteous, whinging, ,holier than though w******s

I think it would be good for you to get on a bicycle, get on the road, you can see some of the ridicolous things drivers do especially when you follow the highway code.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Why do some cyclists have the stigma of being self righteous, whinging, ,holier than though w******s........oh hi Roger

its holier than thou you ****in monkey. you are quite the errol flynn when it comes to abusive insults,
but not so good the other way.

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I would but its just cyclists on the roads and retard And special needs?? So you dont have a problem with being politically incorrect? ? Spastic okay? Jory deacon? Raspberry ripple? You vile little man, are black people still N**** in your world?

Im not a tory x

its joey you throwback.
are you getting all PC on my ass? youve got a scantily dressed female on a flag for a nation that doesnt exist.
wot the f@ck has the n word got to do with it tory boy.
take a deep breath, have a think, and try to make your point clearly and concisely, you savage
have you ever seen a naked lady, a real one i mean

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
its holier than thou you ****in monkey. you are quite the errol flynn when it comes abusive insults,
but not so good the other way.

Sorry but where are my insults??? Calling a cyclist a buffoon (because that cyclist was ) this thread was started by a wum because people have different veiws, , personally by not obeying some rules of the road the majority of the cyclist I encounter are a nuisance and I have expressed that. I didnt realise about road tax (thanks for the enlightenment) which I have now changed my veiw about as it was wrong. But when did I call anyone on here (before the self rightous wnkr in reply to rogers derogatory personal insult) a name??? And at ehich point did I use a derogatory name for someone with learning difficulties? ?? (Is this Roger with a 2nd account? ?)

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
its joey you throwback.
are you getting all PC on my ass? youve got a scantily dressed female on a flag for a nation that doesnt exist.
wot the f@ck has the n word got to do with it tory boy.
take a deep breath, have a think, and try to make your point clearly and concisely, you savage
have you ever seen a naked lady, a real one i mean

Still not a tory sweetheart and joey was a typo, is that really the best you can find. I bought the n word into because I didnt know if it was just people with disabilities you liked to insult/offend or if your ukip mentality also stretched to racial insults

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
just trying to assertain your age, you gotta be a virgin
a while ago you stated that anyone whose opinion differs from yours is
doing it to be "cool and different",no possibility they might have a point, that is insulting.
you then have the audacity to accuse me of being holier than though, an insult cos you are self righteous, see?
i disagree with you tory boy, cos you are wrong
i am interested in your age cos you cant spell or construct a grammatically
correct sentence
fyi: a debate is a structured series of reasoned arguements
you have not addressed a single issue yet (accept the one to admit that you are
completely wrong) and its post 41
so have you seen a naked lady?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here