[TV] Captain Sir Tom Moore - *Died 2 Feb 2021*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I admire the hundreds of people who spend their evenings and weekends volunteering and raising money for charity. Some do it for 10/20/30 years, without being recognised or honoured. They won't raise anywhere near £30m, but they do their best for others, over a long period of time.

Captain Tom struck lucky, as the media got hold of his story. If he'd had done it before the Internet and Social Media, he would have probably not even raised 5 figures.

Yes, I am grateful that he fought for our country, and very grateful that he has raised a huge amount of money. But I can't help but feel for those people who don't get recognised for their efforts.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
So I'm not a huge fan of the Honours system but in terms of the awards for charity work I am. I'm involved with two charities - one as a volunteer and one as a service user. In both cases the person who set up the charities and ran them have ended up being recognised for the way they have changed their local community- MBE in both cases I think. You are right that many don't and you are also correct that this gent struck lucky - the story gave us a lift in dark times though - I don't begrudge him it.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Poor old Captain Tom's been admitted to hospital with Covid 19. Hope he gets well soon!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
As a national symbol of this struggle I hope he pulls through. So easy to catch when in hospital when so many patients in hospital are positive. Another reason we need to drive hospitalisations right down through this lockdown to numbers similar to last summer.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I hope the good Captain makes it through, God bless him !

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports