[Football] Capacity Reduction, should Social Distancing continue...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
IMO we won't see any professional football in this country until a vaccine is widely available. Best case for next games would be winter 2021 - a year or so from now.

Pretty much this - what don't people understand about the current situation???

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
This may not be relevant to this thread but I'm wondering how long The Greyhounds hair will be by the time we kick off, it's something we should all consider before we start worrying about who we want to sit next to.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This may not be relevant to this thread but I'm wondering how long The Greyhounds hair will be by the time we kick off, it's something we should all consider before we start worrying about who we want to sit next to.
Of course it's not relevant here, the Greyhound's hair....

...needs a thread of its own.

Him and Davy could well have Champions League calibre hair, just what we need to propel the team forward.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Well everyone has one of them

palace 2.PNG

:wink:

With the discussion today in the news surrounding amongst other things the likely continuation of 'Social Distancing' for many months (how long is a piece of string), how many seats would we lose at the Amex next season in order to have some fans at games, but not to contravene the 2 meter policy?

Looking to next season would 5 or 6 seats be lost for every 1 sat in by a fan?

And allowing 2 meters horizontally and vertically would mean more like 1 in 9 minimum (maybe 1 in 25) ?

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
All or nothing for me. Sorry - everyone in or nobody in.

Yes l tend to agree, full stadiums or empty stadiums, nothing in between. If we have to play in completely empty venues for the foreseeable future, then as disappointing as that may be, we will have to bite the bullet.

Besides if we do decide play with a reduced capacity crowd, then how will it be decided who can attend, and who can't, bearing in mind the great majority of seats are taken up by season ticket holders?

A real conundrum that's for sure.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Superfans only.

Bring your Priestfield ticket stubs.

Sorted.

I vote that anyone in this picture can go.

53159D1F-357C-4C66-B4A5-3C31E65D1D49.jpeg
[MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION]
@me

27D1F2AE-B0BC-4437-B1D8-43DCA98DEC30.jpeg

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I just don't see how football in front of crowds can commence for a fair while, due in part to close proximity whilst watching a game, but also transport to/from games and concourse environments. Those situations would be absolutely rife for anyone infected to be spreading it to many others.

This is pretty much what the mayor LA said yesterday..

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti (D) said Wednesday that mass gathering such as sporting events and concerts will likely remain canceled for the rest of the year due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Speaking on CNN, Garcetti confirmed an earlier report that he was considering barring such gatherings for at least one year. The mayor said it's "difficult to imaging us getting together in the thousands anytime soon" and the city should prepare for an extended ban on such crowded events.

"I think we should be prepared for that this year," Garcetti said. "I think we all never wanted science to work so quickly. But until there’s a vaccine, some sort of pharmaceutical intervention or herd immunity, the science is the science, and public health officials have been very clear. We’ve got many miles to walk before we’re going to be back in those environments."

Garcetti suggested that sporting events and concerts without crowds could be a possibility in the months ahead. But he emphasized that it would be "very difficult to see" packing thousands of people into a stadium before 2021.

"Nothing I’ve heard would indicate that we’ll been in large thousands of people gatherings anytime soon and probably not for the rest of this year," he added.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
OBVIOUSLY :facepalm:

Anyone know how to get ink off a monitor :wink:

Sorry, that was insanely credulous of me. But as I said....

I'm having a Zoom with Monty later and I now feel compelled to ask him if he doctored the tickets he posted on here, even though I know he was at the same gigs and games with me. That's how much you've undermined my self confidence, you Heartless B'stard. :annoyed:

:lolol: :wave:

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
I agree that games should be played in front of fans or not at all but it will be a long while before that is possible.
Maybe the club will devise a rota system to use 20% of the capacity to attend games at the Amex!
Parking available for free at Bennetts Field, Bridge and University.
No food and drink sold to alleviate crowding on the concourses.
Would require a lot of planning and would cost the club in lost revenue from food and drink sales etc.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Transmission is most likely indoors, when people are close to each other - especially if shouting or singing - basically when they are expelling a lot of vocal material. If we persuade everyone to mask up and keep quiet then it might not be so bad. But "it isn't football anymore".

The problem with football - and concerts - is not only the being there, it's also the getting there. The queuing, the crowded trains and buses, the half-time drinks, the milling around the bars.

You can see the order that things are going to re-open. First will be places where social distancing can be observed and where masks can be worn - places where there is no eating or drinking. After smaller shops, then maybe some eating drinking places, pubs with a very limited capacity and restaurants with lots of distance added.

Schools are a problem, nightclubs are going to go bust. Sports and concerts are between the two. I, too, think it will be at least 2021, if not later, before football will return anything like it used to be.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Not sure if it was Ian, Duncan or some **** named Smith but there was a loon on the news saying that mass attendance events could start in mid June this year!!. What an idiot.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The Amex will probably be the last stadium to reopen due to following the guidelines about getting there. It will take an awful long time to fill the stadium with only two fans per P + R bus or train carriage!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports