Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Capacity Reduction, should Social Distancing continue...

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I suppose if this Social Distancing continued well on towards the end of the year, the question might be can clubs afford to play to empty stadiums for an indefinite period?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
You may be surprised by news to be released regarding the PL this season - expected before too long.

The PL is totally driven by £££ and will still be posting optimistic but completely unrealistic ambitions in an increasingly desperate attempt to limit the financial damage but this is people's lives we're talking about here and it will only take 1 unnecessary C19 death attributable to their greed and they will be completely ****ed.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Spacing within the stadium is not the issue really. The issue is that you will still have thousands of people travelling to a venue, queuing for trains etc all trying to keep 2m away from each other. That is hard enough with 100 people trying to get into a supermarket - multiply that by a factor of 50 and you can see that it would be practically impossible to manage.

Substitute football for rush-hour. How on earth will public transport work with social distancing?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The problem is a football game is still going to be a place where saliva is spread massively by people shouting and chanting. Yet another thing we've given so little thought to ever before.

As with the players, breathing on each other, coughing and spitting and almost constantly touching each other. How do you get round that?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As with the players, breathing on each other, coughing and spitting and almost constantly touching each other. How do you get round that?

Tell them to stop coughing spitting and touching each other.

They're footballers not Bob Carolgees.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

s-l640.jpg

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
how would you choose the fans who attend, and then get the 5,000 fans there + the associated people required [trains running / buses / catering / media / security and medical teams etc] at a time we are all being told to stay at home my view would be just that. Wait until it is safe to open the stadium for everyone to attend,

Well that would have to be the start of 21/22 season. Which obviously means no football next season. You can get away with a few games behind closed doors. You cannot play a whole season like that. We have to be sensible and realistic. Unless we can return to a position of previous normality, all mingling with each other, socially interactive, travelling together, eating and drinking together and sitting in close proximity to each other, then its simply not worth risking our lives to attend a game of football.
I, for one will not attend a game of football until a vaccine is available. If that takes a year, so be it. I want to be around to enjoy the next few years.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
IMO we won't see any professional football in this country until a vaccine is widely available. Best case for next games would be winter 2021 - a year or so from now.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9316618 said:
Is Withdean the answer? We'd certainly be distanced from the players, and hardly an enclosed gathering

Yes, it is. Only those who held a ST at Withers for the duration will get in!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
IMO we won't see any professional football in this country until a vaccine is widely available. Best case for next games would be winter 2021 - a year or so from now.

Woah tiger! Do you mean November? That's too far off, and it means we'd have been doing this social distancing fandango all that while. I'm sticking with end of Jan 2021. Pretty please :vuvu:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Woah tiger! Do you mean November? That's too far off, and it means we'd have been doing this social distancing fandango all that while. I'm sticking with end of Jan 2021. Pretty please :vuvu:

No I've got the same time frame as you - Jan 2021 back to normal. Based on having a viable vaccine and increased levels of antibody testing by around October / November time. Quicker than normal but with GSK collaborating and an Oxbridge type confident of a vaccine by September I think that's reasonable.

January 2021 is both in the winter and in 2021:p

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No I've got the same time frame as you - Jan 2021 back to normal. Based on having a viable vaccine and increased levels of antibody testing by around October / November time. Quicker than normal but with GSK collaborating and an Oxbridge type confident of a vaccine by September I think that's reasonable.

January 2021 is both in the winter and in 2021:p

TFFT.

I thought you'd gone stark raving bonkers! :mad:

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here